IRS rebate....

Totally going to Disney! We weren't supposed to be taking another trip this year (Went in January, going next january for honeymoon, going to vegas in November for wedding) cause we don't get that much time off or money from work - but we couldn't resist the free dining (again)! I told DF I think I need to go to WDW twice per calendar year to keep myself sane at my job ;)

Our trip was planned and money already assigned but the rebate will pay for us to fly and spending. We are getting a little under the $1800 so I am bugeting $1000 fo rair plane tickets and then the rest will go in teh spending pile!!

We were going with or without the check. But if the federal government wants to pay for us to eat like a king and queen for our anniversary who am I to complain. Which considering we already own DVC and had 2 5 day MYW passes, this 9 day trip will only cost us travel expenses.

ok let's just rename it the Disney refund check.

I was going anyway but we now we don't have to pinch pennies or dip in our savings to do it! :cool1:

We already had our trip planned for fall 2009 but we are going to use some of it toward the trip!

Well. Our trip was already planned for August and we have been paying a little each week so it should be paid off by our 45 day mark in July anyway, but the rebate will help in that we can just put aside some spending money and the rest will go to bills.

We kind of see the rebate as paying us back for the money we are spending for Disney..even though..yeah yeah I know it means it will do something with our taxes next year and bla bla. I am not going to think of it in that way because otherwise, I will go crazy.

The rebate is nice but imo, it's not like it is a huge gigantic sum of money. All it will take is to pay a few bills and poof..its gone. So I could say I would just save the rebate but really, what we are getting back isn't enough to think of it as a huge winfall.

But I KNOW we should spend it because that's what the irs wants - us to stimulate the economy - so I'm just doing my part as an American Citizen. =)

My wife's been stimulating the economy for years. :rolleyes2

Unfortunatly not going to WDW this trip south. Going with group and most don't feel they can afford it. Wwe didn't want any awkward feelings so we opted no to.

we also had planned the trip before it was given, but it definetly made it easier for us to get the money for the trip.:)

Our trip is in July. No one seems to know when my stimulus check is coming, so I can't count on it being here by 5-31. We took the refund anticipation loan from hr block, so we didn't do direct deposit, and we didn't get a paper check from the irs. I was told to expect it anywhere from 5-19 to the end of July. That doesn't help me much.

Here is the link to the IRS schedule for when they plan to send the checks/deposits. It is based on last two digits of your SSN and if you will be receiving a check or direct deposit.

http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html

Us too!- We were already planning, but this helps with more ADR's and upgraded to a suite! Just doing my part to 'stimulate' the economy of WDW!

First post!!

Yes sir. It isn't quite enough but will knock out a chunk.:banana:

Ours is going to help if we use it toward this trip. It was already planned before we knew about the rebate. We are also going to St. John to renew our vow's so it may help with that.

Going with a friend in Sept and it will be paying ALL of my trip off!!! and will have a little spending money on the side! :banana:

We should get our check in August, and the 2009 package prices are supposed to be released in August....you do the math!!! WDW here we come, August 2009....:woohoo:

Yep, and we got free dining so now we just have to come up with the money for gas, souvenirs and other little extras. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter