Is it true that if you know a Disney member they possibly can help make your trip better?

I'm a former Cast Member. Sure, they get discounts. I don't know about "making your trip better" though. It's still the same experience regardless of how much you pay. The only thing that I can think of that was a cast member exclusive was being able to do a cast member preview (soft-open) of new attractions. I'm sure if Bob Iger is your best friend that you might get some extra perks, but for the majority of cast members there's really nothing that they can offer their friends/family other than discounts.

How so? What exactly do you think is being withheld from you by not being a castmember?
I meant the question itself. Like, befriending a cast member just to get "privileges".

I do not think anything is being withheld from me at all, on the contrary, cast members don't have nearly enough benefits.

I would appreciate you not putting nasty words in my mouth :)

Earlier this year, I was gifted a ticket by someone who is a member of Club 33 where it included park hopping whenever you wanted and 16 Lighting Lanes that even included ILL attractions like Rise and Guardians.

Cast Members don't have the ability to give people tickets like that, though.

I always enjoy seeing friends, including those who may be cast members. Seeing friends while I'm on vacation usually makes me even happier, as I have more chance to enjoy their companionship.

Earlier this year, I was gifted a ticket by someone who is a member of Club 33 where it included park hopping whenever you wanted and 16 Lighting Lanes that even included ILL attractions like Rise and Guardians.

Cast Members don't have the ability to give people tickets like that, though.
Yes, Club 33 members pay a pretty premium to be members - and it includes a lot of perks! The ultimate pay-to-play Disney situation.....!

Yes, Club 33 members pay a pretty premium to be members - and it includes a lot of perks! The ultimate pay-to-play Disney situation.....!
Totally agree! The person that gave me the ticket did so for free since he gets a number of them a year and they were expiring anyway. I remember once he told me that the initial fee to join is around $75-80k.

I have a cast member friend. We shared a room at the last Expo. She got me into DL with her main gate pass. However, we are friends. If she visited where I live, she could stay at my place for free. We aren’t friends because she’s a CM. Because we are friends, she was willing to share.

I have a cast member friend. We shared a room at the last Expo. She got me into DL with her main gate pass. However, we are friends. If she visited where I live, she could stay at my place for free. We aren’t friends because she’s a CM. Because we are friends, she was willing to share.
Exactly. DD was a CM until Covid furlough went on so long that she had to find another job. She got her pals in and they let her stay or do stuff like standby on airplanes, get back stage at a Broadway show or just have a meal together. It’s just fun.

This is such a vague question that was never actually clarified. Member of what? Cast member? Annual pass? DVC? Club 33? Golden Oaks? D23? Disneyland Paris? Disney Visa? Mickey Mouse Club?

Exactly. DD was a CM until Covid furlough went on so long that she had to find another job. She got her pals in and they let her stay or do stuff like standby on airplanes, get back stage at a Broadway show or just have a meal together. It’s just fun.
Same. I was a CM until I moved. Many of my best friends still are. We went to DL last year, we stayed on their points and they were able to get me into DL/DCA each day on their silver passes. I never asked and was fully prepared to pay. They would not take any money so I paid for our rental car, Genie+, and most of our meals. It was a great trip!

Had some friends who were management types.
Free tickets for 6 people for 4 days, unlimited fastpasses (they had a stack), private meet and greets with characters, etc....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter