Is Mickeys Christmas party worth the cost?

What bothers me the most about these parties is I pay full price to enter the Magic Kingdom and I am asked to leave at 6 PM. Then, if I want back in it will cost me almost the cost of a days pass to re-enter. I have already paid to get in and am losing out on at least five hours that I paid for. I believe that on those days, the cost to enter the park should be discounted as the length of the day certainly has. Oops, what am I saying, this is Disney. The price keeps going up and the return keeps dropping. For those who have been going for many years as I have, you know what I mean. Park is getting dirtier, the food certainly is not what is used to be. You have to pay for extras that in the past were a given that you didn't have to pay for. I love Diney World and I will keep going until I die but I wish those who control the park would read this site to see just how many of us are not happy with the slow decline.

I was surprised you had to pay to get into the parks early some days - used to be a perk only if you stayed at a WDW resort. Now to pay a lot extra to stay in the park past six pm for a party is really killing it for people on a budget or with large families.

Question since we've never been in December - if party attendance is half of a normal day then why do so many people mention the terrible crowds? Is it because you are all in a smaller cramped area?

We've done it once but I'll never do it again. It was fun and we all had a great time but I didn't think it was worth the cost at all.

Yes, I think that's why it feels more crowded. We went to a sold out party and it felt very crowded. Because all those people want to do pretty much the same things. So all the special party stuff is very crowded.

If you are unable to make it until midnight, it is not worth it with the yearly price hikes.

You are basically paying for special fireworks, characters and a parade.

They sell a lot of tickets to these parties. Sunday and Tuesday are the better options, but still crowded.

Of course, "worth it" is totally subjective. For me personally, the first party I went to was $29 and they offered so much more, so not worth it IMO. For somebody that does not have that many years and the earlier experiences, they may say yes.

We haven't done the Christmas Party yet, but for my daughter's 2nd birthday, we went to the Halloween Party... My daughter is almost 8, and she still remembers going, so it was well worth it for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter