Is This a Sign Of Things To Come?

because they want FREE options. Greedy Disney has enough money. their only interested in making shareholders happy. How many people here have a 401k? there is a good chance that if you do, you are one of Disney's shareholders.

No one said we wanted free options. What I don't want is to have to pay more for less. Adding a breakfast or some Mickey bars is not exactly something new.

No one said we wanted free options. What I don't want is to have to pay more for less. Adding a breakfast or some Mickey bars is not exactly something new.

But you aren't getting less. You can still enter the park at rope drop and stay till closing. If you want to stay later or enter earlier then you will have to pay for it, but its not like they are taking any of your time away.

But you aren't getting less. You can still enter the park at rope drop and stay till closing. If you want to stay later or enter earlier then you will have to pay for it, but its not like they are taking any of your time away.

We are getting less. We can't park out front unless we pay and extra $15. Hours have been reduce as well as shows parades and characters. Now with this extra events we can expect more crowds at night events and at RD . So yeah we are getting less. Before instead of having the "event" the park was just open later. Now means battling with extra guest from these "events" on that 1 parade a night.

Sorry I can't seem to multi quote so this is a response to both of you guys.

I totally understand the feeling of having a lesser experience on the whole, I have reached that point. I haven't been to WDW in a couple years and I have no intention of going back for a long time. Ellie, I thought you were speaking about this specific event, that is why I quoted and responded to it.
I don't see this particular event as getting less though, its an add on for those who choose to do it. You are not forced to pay anything more than your admission ticket. You still get your full day in the park and I'm sure you'll check the crowd calender to see what those days are predicted and make your plans accordingly. As far as ending EMH, that is all speculation and if you want to base your feelings on what hasn't happened, and may never happen you are free to do so.

We are getting less. We can't park out front unless we pay and extra $15. Hours have been reduce as well as shows parades and characters. Now with this extra events we can expect more crowds at night events and at RD . So yeah we are getting less. Before instead of having the "event" the park was just open later.
Not really true. If you show up at park open you can still park up front. they are adding up to 5 hours a day at AK along with a new show. They are adding a new show and fireworks at HS. Adding new castle show at MK.

Not really true. If you show up at park open you can still park up front. they are adding up to 5 hours a day at AK along with a new show. They are adding a new show and fireworks at HS. Adding new castle show at MK.

So finally they are adding some stuff do you really want to go through the stuff that has been taken away or closed ? That list is way longer. 5 extra hours at AK isn't rally great since we are usually done with the park midday. I am exited about ROL, but that doesn't mean I'll be spending 5 extra hours at AK. It is ok I was a Disney apologist once too, but things have gotten out of hand this year.

I realize now that you were responding to a lot of changes that have added up for you. I just want to add that as far as the extra magic events, they should not impact you at all. I think that in the case of Early Morning Magic, you may see a decrease in the number of people who have snaked into the Park for Mine Train, using BOG as a way may not bother. If there is no incentive besides a nice breakfast, and a pricey one at that, they may choose to wait like everyone else.

Sorry I can't seem to multi quote so this is a response to both of you guys.

I totally understand the feeling of having a lesser experience on the whole, I have reached that point. I haven't been to WDW in a couple years and I have no intention of going back for a long time. Ellie, I thought you were speaking about this specific event, that is why I quoted and responded to it.
I don't see this particular event as getting less though, its an add on for those who choose to do it. You are not forced to pay anything more than your admission ticket. You still get your full day in the park and I'm sure you'll check the crowd calender to see what those days are predicted and make your plans accordingly. As far as ending EMH, that is all speculation and if you want to base your feelings on what hasn't happened, and may never happen you are free to do so.

I agree. I think that there is a crowd mentality occurring here. We do not know how these things will impact us, if they will impact us or if they will occur at all.

MK closes at 11 on a Thursday in a non-peak period. Were Thursday hours different last year? How many hours have been cut at MK compared to Thursdays in April and May last year? Does the fact that Easter was later last year make a difference in those hours? With Easter so early this year, mid to late April is not a peak time for 2016. Early to mid May is generally never a peak time.

Last edited:
I realize now that you were responding to a lot of changes that have added up for you. I just want to add that as far as the extra magic events, they should not impact you at all. I think that in the case of Early Morning Magic, you may see a decrease in the number of people who have snaked into the Park for Mine Train, using BOG as a way may not bother. If there is no incentive besides a nice breakfast, and a pricey one at that, they may choose to wait like everyone else.

I agree. I think that there is a crowd mentality occurring here. We do not know how these things will impact us, if they will impact us or if they will occur at all.

Except they do impact me. We will be there in April we have made ADRs and FP+ well in advance without this information. There is going to be more people at the park since guest from these events are allowed 3 hours prior you add that we have just one parade at night so of course it is going to affect us.

Except they do impact me. We will be there in April we have made ADRs and FP+ well in advance without this information. There is going to be more people at the park since guest from these events are allowed 3 hours prior you add that we have just one parade at night so of course it is going to affect us.

But you have your ADRs and your FPs. You don't know how the crowd will impact you. Maybe the people buying the tickets decided to NOT buy a regular ticket and stay all day but instead go later at night. The crowds may seem the same, nobody knows yet if it will impact them until after the events.

So finally they are adding some stuff do you really want to go through the stuff that has been taken away or closed ? That list is way longer. 5 extra hours at AK isn't rally great since we are usually done with the park midday. I am exited about ROL, but that doesn't mean I'll be spending 5 extra hours at AK. It is ok I was a Disney apologist once too, but things have gotten out of hand this year.

I get it. You are upset. I think it is a little unfair to refer to the people who are trying to remain objective on this thread as "Disney Apologists". WE all know that there are things that have changed in the parks in the past 5 years. For the good and not so good. I have not forgotten the New Fantasy Land, all of the additions at DS, and the additions to come in AK and DHS, and I know what we have lost as well. I think that there comes a time to ask if you have just decided that you can gain a value from your vacation and begrudge the amount you spend, it may be time to move to another destination.

I am not being snippy, I do think that for many, especially those who go frequently, Disney does not offer enough change between visits. I also think that there are a lot of extras that are available for a price, and that can offend people. I saw a woman post on another forum that she thought that if she, a resort guest, was not allowed to enter these event, she was losing. How? But she felt disenfranchised. I think that when one reaches that point, perhaps there is more than a dessert party or an early park event that is troubling you

April and May 2015 closing hours in MK on Thursdays as of mid- April, not counting the week of Memorial Day (Easter was April 5)

April 16, 12 am
April 23, 12 am
April 30, 11 pm
May 7, 10 pm
May 14, 10 pm
May 21, 10 pm

Same for 2016 (Easter is March 27)

April 14, 11 pm
April 21, 11 pm
April 28, 10 pm
May 5, 10 pm
May 12, 11 pm
May 19, 11 pm

A couple of shorter nights, a couple of longer nights. an hour's difference here and there. I have to say I was expecting something a little more drastic. Evening EMH was on Saturdays during this period last year. Now it's on Wednesdays.

So finally they are adding some stuff do you really want to go through the stuff that has been taken away or closed ?

please do. I'm fully aware thing are changing but having a complete list would be nice.

5 extra hours at AK isn't rally great since we are usually done with the park midday

Disney adds but because I don't like it i'll just ignore it.

It is ok I was a Disney apologist once too
I don't consider myself an apologist. more of a realist. to be an apologist one would need to agree with these changes, right? I don't like them. I just don't think they are taking that much if anything away from me.

Maybe yes, Maybe no. You may find that the park is less busy during most of the day, in much the same way the MK is less crowded on Party days. Before you get all worked up, maybe see how the change does affect you. I realize there is only one parade, but the park is not closing early 4 to 5 nights a week as happens during the Party seasons, so I doubt that the effect will be as profound as you anticipate. During party seasons there are weeks when the MK is only open to ticket holders 2 nights a week, so folks who want evening entertainment are condensed into a short window, but this is not the case with your magic after hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter