Is walking into toy story lot no longer an option?

Thank you so much! Just what I wanted to hear :)

We've stayed at Hyatt House before, which already felt like a long walk. I avoided Hyatt Place because of the distance but I can't really resist the free nights.
Same, lol. I couldn’t resist the free nights either. I typically like to stay within a 10 minute or less walk. But, the free nights pushed me into trying out the shuttle. Honestly, it was no big deal. Yes, it takes a little longer, but not much, and it was totally worth it for a free stay! I was very happy with Hyatt Place. Friendly staff, clean, spacious rooms, and we enjoyed the free breakfast too.

Another question - How long are the Toy Story shuttle lines in the morning? We have 8:30 Carnation Cafe breakfast reservations one day and I was planning on walking over to the shuttle from Hyatt Place around 8:00. I suppose that would have us in the shuttle line by 8:10. Would we make our 8:30 reservation...? This would be on a Wednesday.

Once we we took the shuttle on a Saturday night around dinner time and the line was seriously 45 minutes long. If we'd known ahead of time we would have just walked from Hyatt House!

Hi, I wanted to give our experience, as we recently got back from our trip (park days were May 7 - 12) and used a combination of Toy Story shuttles and walking to and from the parks. We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Katella and had 5 park days. Overall, being close to the parking lot was great for our party and would recommend the area (and hotel) for future trips. We waited about 45 mins one morning for the bus going to Disneyland, which ended up being the only time we used it going to the parks. This was around 9:15am. Give or take. The walk was around 18/20 minutes and was fine for us and our party and we did every other morning of our trip. And not worth the 45 min wait for a 5 minute bus ride... We went back to the hotel everyday for a break and never had an issue in either direction in the afternoon with waiting for the bus, as there was always one waiting or just arriving. Our breaks were usually from around 4:30-7:30/8pm.

At night we never waited more than 10 minutes. We left the parks between 10:30pm and midnight. The first night there we saw a decent size line, but we ended up walking back so I don't know how long that wait was. This was around 9:45/10:00pm.

Hi, I wanted to give our experience, as we recently got back from our trip (park days were May 7 - 12) and used a combination of Toy Story shuttles and walking to and from the parks. We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Katella and had 5 park days. Overall, being close to the parking lot was great for our party and would recommend the area (and hotel) for future trips. We waited about 45 mins one morning for the bus going to Disneyland, which ended up being the only time we used it going to the parks. This was around 9:15am. Give or take. The walk was around 18/20 minutes and was fine for us and our party and we did every other morning of our trip. And not worth the 45 min wait for a 5 minute bus ride... We went back to the hotel everyday for a break and never had an issue in either direction in the afternoon with waiting for the bus, as there was always one waiting or just arriving. Our breaks were usually from around 4:30-7:30/8pm.

At night we never waited more than 10 minutes. We left the parks between 10:30pm and midnight. The first night there we saw a decent size line, but we ended up walking back so I don't know how long that wait was. This was around 9:45/10:00pm.
We never waited very long for a bus in the mornings, but we were usually there between 7-8am.

Thanks for the update! That morning line sounds so long. I think the main thing would be having the shuttle for the trip home. How did you like Hampton Inn? Is it very close to the shuttle?

Thanks for the update! That morning line sounds so long. I think the main thing would be having the shuttle for the trip home. How did you like Hampton Inn? Is it very close to the shuttle?

Yes, that morning line really put us off! But we wanted to try it out. Every other time, however, we walked in the morning.

We loved the Hampton Inn! We had their family suites, so 1 king bed and a separate room with a set of bunk beds and a sofa bed. We also had a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. Breakfast was included and was very good. Highlights were the make your own waffles with all the toppings! The kids really loved that. The selection was really good and everyone in our party was able to eat a solid breakfast before heading out.

The walk was about 18-20 minutes to the parks at a decent pace. Totally doable. It took about 6 minutes or so to walk to the bus stop at Toy Story.

Yes, that morning line really put us off! But we wanted to try it out. Every other time, however, we walked in the morning.

We loved the Hampton Inn! We had their family suites, so 1 king bed and a separate room with a set of bunk beds and a sofa bed. We also had a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. Breakfast was included and was very good. Highlights were the make your own waffles with all the toppings! The kids really loved that. The selection was really good and everyone in our party was able to eat a solid breakfast before heading out.

The walk was about 18-20 minutes to the parks at a decent pace. Totally doable. It took about 6 minutes or so to walk to the bus stop at Toy Story.
Thanks! Were the bunk beds twin or smaller?

I appreciate your review! I am looking at staying at this hotel and on the map, the walk seems doable so I just needed confirmation. Also looking at the bunk bed room so thank you for that as well! For the walk to the Toy Story lot, was there an entrance to the lot from Katella? Thanks in advance!

Adding on to this thread as I have a friend staying at the Hyatt Place in a couple of weeks. She would love to walk to the Toy Story lot and use the shuttle

Can anyone explain in detail so I can pass it on to her what this would look like for a rope
Drop day?
What time she would need to get her family moving? How long the walk?
How long the typical wait for a shuttle?
All of it! Thanks

Adding on to this thread as I have a friend staying at the Hyatt Place in a couple of weeks. She would love to walk to the Toy Story lot and use the shuttle

Can anyone explain in detail so I can pass it on to her what this would look like for a rope
Drop day?
What time she would need to get her family moving? How long the walk?
How long the typical wait for a shuttle?
All of it! Thanks

Budget a minimum of 30 minutes if taking the shuttle. I find that walking the entire way to the park tends to be faster for me in the morning, getting me to the park entrance in just over 20 minutes from the Hyatt Place.

For the Hyatt Place, I recommend being at breakfast before 7 and leaving the hotel shortly after 7. It can be a bit tight if the hotel happens to start breakfast at 7 during their stay but they usually start breakfast at 6:30 on weekdays.

I appreciate your review! I am looking at staying at this hotel and on the map, the walk seems doable so I just needed confirmation. Also looking at the bunk bed room so thank you for that as well! For the walk to the Toy Story lot, was there an entrance to the lot from Katella? Thanks in advance!

I am glad my review was helpful! When I was planning for the trip, not a lot of information on this hotel was available here that I could find. But it really is a good option. And for us it was a much better value in comparison to others in the area.

Yes, there is a pedestrian entrance on the Katella side, just off of Katella and Clementine. There is only a sidewalk on one side of the road (on the left if facing the entrance to the lot) so make sure to use that side only!

From the Hampton, it takes about 2 minutes to the entrance and another 4-5 minutes to walk to the security check/bus stop area. The walkway to get there is very well marked and easy to follow.

I am glad my review was helpful! When I was planning for the trip, not a lot of information on this hotel was available here that I could find. But it really is a good option. And for us it was a much better value in comparison to others in the area.

Yes, there is a pedestrian entrance on the Katella side, just off of Katella and Clementine. There is only a sidewalk on one side of the road (on the left if facing the entrance to the lot) so make sure to use that side only!

From the Hampton, it takes about 2 minutes to the entrance and another 4-5 minutes to walk to the security check/bus stop area. The walkway to get there is very well marked and easy to follow.
Awesome! Thank you so so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter