It's a brave new world!

WishinOnaStar

Wanted to grow up and marry Spin or Marty
Okay, I've finally opened up the the umbrella and caught the north wind. I'm hanging on tight and away we go! :umbrella: First time posting any where ever. When I pick my spot, I only pick the best!

Hi, great choice to come online at DIS - there's lots of great information here. The people are so helpful and friendly, it's a real community. I'm planning my first WDW visit in more than 20 years for Dec. 3-11 with my DS 8 (which is Disney son, 8 years old, since you're new!)

When are you planning to go and who are you taking with you? Obviously your husband has much to learn about WDW - maybe he thinks it's just a big over-priced amusement park?? It's SO much more! Just play to his interests and find out what he's worried about (crowds, expense, etc.)

I'm trying to convince my parents to come with me and am looking at how to connect their interests with what WDW has to offer. Dad likes old cars (hmm...) and likes to walk (well that one's easy), Mom likes gardens and food (Epcot!) Their only experience with WDW was arriving midmorning during Christmas week in 1982, with absolutely no info or touring plan. Dad hates crowds and chaos! So I'm working on a leisurely itinerary for them that includes using Fastpass for any attractions they may want to see, visits to some of the deluxe resorts, some evening shows, and priority seating at some nice restaurants (with the new dining plan so they don't have to freak over the prices - LOL!)

My advice is to stay onsite so you don't have to worry about driving and parking (what a hassle!) and can get into some parks ahead of the crowds and return to your resort when it gets crowded. Have fun planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter