It's A Small World - A Never-ending Pre-trip Report

81gj-o9oocl-_sl1500_-jpg.204780

Looks fancy!! I just got an early birthday present from my father and he gave me a purple one! But smaller than yours. Only 80 litres. And that already appears to be massive to me. I guess you need a lot of space for your gowns. ;-)

How exciting to definitely be seeing the jewelry lady for lunch. And some special jewelry on the spot? Too cool!

Everything seems to be falling into place, very nice!

Single digits!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Great news the dresses have arrived.

I am glad that they have all arrived, too.

The pound / dollar rate got a little better today... :cool1:

I saw. I hope this lasts.

I guess you need a lot of space for your gowns. ;-)

I do not travel light.

How exciting to definitely be seeing the jewelry lady for lunch. And some special jewelry on the spot? Too cool!

I am really excited about this.

Everything seems to be falling into place, very nice!

It definitely is.

Single digits!!!

This time next week we should be ready to settle down in our cabin for our first night on the ship.

Corinna

I have had a rather busy second half of the week culminating in a team night out at an escape room and a celebration team meeting. So trip preparations have gone a little on the back burner. I still got everything done that I needed to do with just the packing now outstanding. Having said that, about 75% of what I need to take is all piled up in our spare room/ walk in wardrobe. It just needs to find its way into the suitcase. A few things that I am planning to take are not quite dry yet and have been moved to the airing cupboard. I hope that they will be dry by tomorrow afternoon. If not, I can always add them to the suitcase later.

I wanted to share the piece of jewellery that "accidentally" fell into the shopping basket the other day. I had a "Heart of the Ocean" in my twenties and loved it. After many years of wearing it, I lost it. Now I have a new one, which will work really well with some of the dresses I am going to take.

51dAAwvsmGL.jpg

Speaking of dresses, I have spent a happy morning trying on most of the dresses and I really like them. I have yet to try on the new gowns and the blue birthday dress, but i will put this right before the go in the suitcase.

I did own up to having a reservation for Boma this morning. Graham was OK with this as long as I pay, which I was happy to do. Of course, when I checked the price so that I could budget for this, I had a look at the menu. I noticed that they had completely revamped this and all my favourites have disappeared including the zebra domes. So I have now cancelled this. Instead, I made Graham promise that we will visit Jambo House one evening to get photos with the Christmas tree and get some zebra domes from Mara. He was only too happy to agree to this.

We have now come to a conclusion what to do for Thanksgiving dinner. The restaurant at Disney's Vero Beach Resort is currently being completely rebuilt and may or may not be open in time for Thanksgiving. I had kind of assumed that we would just eat there. I had a look around what other options there are and to my delight, I noticed that there is a Cracker Barrel in Vero Beach. That settled our dinner plans for Thanksgiving. I have to say, I am rather excited about having access to cheap and cheerful chain restaurants like IHOP, Cracker Barrel and Sweet Tomatoes. I suppose after 13 nights of multi course dinners, this will be just what the doctor orders.

Corinna

I have had a rather busy second half of the week culminating in a team night out at an escape room and a celebration team meeting. So trip preparations have gone a little on the back burner. I still got everything done that I needed to do with just the packing now outstanding. Having said that, about 75% of what I need to take is all piled up in our spare room/ walk in wardrobe. It just needs to find its way into the suitcase. A few things that I am planning to take are not quite dry yet and have been moved to the airing cupboard. I hope that they will be dry by tomorrow afternoon. If not, I can always add them to the suitcase later.

I wanted to share the piece of jewellery that "accidentally" fell into the shopping basket the other day. I had a "Heart of the Ocean" in my twenties and loved it. After many years of wearing it, I lost it. Now I have a new one, which will work really well with some of the dresses I am going to take.

View attachment 205262

Speaking of dresses, I have spent a happy morning trying on most of the dresses and I really like them. I have yet to try on the new gowns and the blue birthday dress, but i will put this right before the go in the suitcase.

I did own up to having a reservation for Boma this morning. Graham was OK with this as long as I pay, which I was happy to do. Of course, when I checked the price so that I could budget for this, I had a look at the menu. I noticed that they had completely revamped this and all my favourites have disappeared including the zebra domes. So I have now cancelled this. Instead, I made Graham promise that we will visit Jambo House one evening to get photos with the Christmas tree and get some zebra domes from Mara. He was only too happy to agree to this.

We have now come to a conclusion what to do for Thanksgiving dinner. The restaurant at Disney's Vero Beach Resort is currently being completely rebuilt and may or may not be open in time for Thanksgiving. I had kind of assumed that we would just eat there. I had a look around what other options there are and to my delight, I noticed that there is a Cracker Barrel in Vero Beach. That settled our dinner plans for Thanksgiving. I have to say, I am rather excited about having access to cheap and cheerful chain restaurants like IHOP, Cracker Barrel and Sweet Tomatoes. I suppose after 13 nights of multi course dinners, this will be just what the doctor orders.

Corinna

What an exciting update! I love your coeur de la mar. How sad you lost it but I am pleased that has now been undone. I think it is stunning. What an offset to the blue birthday dress.

Great new the dresses have fitted so far. Do you ever get silk gloves? I know some think it rather old fashioned but I think on the right woman they look so stylish. Like waistcoats on a Gentleman.

What! No Zebra domes in Boma. Plus a price hike. I am sad. Good comprimise to visit we love AK.

Oh Cracker Barrel we love this restaurant. Jo could eat her own body weight in that buttermilk fried chicken. Love the store next door. I always buy candy sticks there!

Good luck packing hope it dries in time.

I love your coeur de la mar.

Thanks, I love it, too.

How sad you lost it but I am pleased that has now been undone. I think it is stunning. What an offset to the blue birthday dress.

The original one was much smaller and did not have the same wow factor. I did try it on with one of my blue gowns this morning and it is really stunning.

Great new the dresses have fitted so far.

It was not so much to check if they fit, but how much I like them. All the casual dresses have turned out really nice, with the birthday dress being my favourite. Of the 4 new gowns, I absolutely love 2 of them, but I am still on the fence with the other two.

Do you ever get silk gloves?

I think they look really nice, but I hate having everything on my hands.

What! No Zebra domes in Boma. Plus a price hike.

That was precisely my reaction.

Jo could eat her own body weight in that buttermilk fried chicken.

Graham loves this, too. I am a big fan of our meatloaf, but this time round, I think I will go with their traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

Good luck packing hope it dries in time.

The suitcase is nearly done now. I just have to get the stuff out of the airing cupboard and pack some make up. I should be all ready to go by this evening or at the very least before I leave to work tomorrow.

Corinna

s-l1600-1.jpgs-l1600-3.jpgs-l500.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg

The colour of those two dresses is lighter than in the pictures. The one that looks almost turquoise in the picture is actually a light mint and the other is a pale lilac:

s-l500-1.jpg s-l1600-4.jpg

And here are the gowns:

s-l1600.jpg s-l500.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-1.jpg

Apart from those, the green gown from the last cruise and another blue gown will make a return appearance.

Corinna

Wow Corinna those dresses and gowns! Please don't tell me two of those gowns are going back and you are on the fench. Which ones they are stunning one and all! You will light up the room with the purple. Dazzle with the green. Blue is just fitting for the Atlantic blue and red for a little wow factor.

Glad to hear the packing is getting there.

Have you seen those drying items you get in places like Lakeland where you place your clothes under the dome and it dries them. They look good my sister has one. Some items you want dried quicker but not suitable for tumble drier.

Please don't tell me two of those gowns are going back

No, none are going back. There are just two I am not entirely sure about. I don't hate them. The most expensive gown was £15 and the dresses were between £3 and £11 each. So at those prices, it is easy to go a little out of one's comfort zone.

Which ones they are stunning one and all! You will light up the room with the purple.

The purple is actually one of the one I am not sure about. I love most of the dress, but it had very long sleeves that are very wide at the bottom and those I am not sure about at all. The other one is the red/burgundy one. I am just not sure about the style when I am wearing it.

Have you seen those drying items you get in places like Lakeland where you place your clothes under the dome and it dries them.

No, I had not seen this. I will have to check this out when I get back from this trip.

Corinna

How could Boma take off he Zebra Domes??? A good compromise to go over to AKL for some pictures and the Mara.

Fun to get new dresses for the cruise. I very rarely get new clothes for vacation, and should try to do that more often.

The necklace is beautiful.

No, none are going back. There are just two I am not entirely sure about. I don't hate them. The most expensive gown was £15 and the dresses were between £3 and £11 each. So at those prices, it is easy to go a little out of one's comfort zone.

The purple is actually one of the one I am not sure about. I love most of the dress, but it had very long sleeves that are very wide at the bottom and those I am not sure about at all. The other one is the red/burgundy one. I am just not sure about the style when I am wearing it.

No, I had not seen this. I will have to check this out when I get back from this trip.

Corinna

What! I am in shock at the prices of those dresses. They look like hundreds of pounds worth!

My sister has something like this..http://www.lakeland.co.uk/25372/Dry:Soon-3-Tier-Heated-Airer-and-Cover-Offer-Bundle

How could Boma take off he Zebra Domes???

I know. It has been replaced by a Zebra Cupcake at an upcharge of $5.

A good compromise to go over to AKL for some pictures and the Mara.

I think so.

Fun to get new dresses for the cruise. I very rarely get new clothes for vacation, and should try to do that more often.

For me that is part of the fun of planning a trip.

The necklace is beautiful.

I love it.

What! I am in shock at the prices of those dresses. They look like hundreds of pounds worth!

No, they are definitely in the cheap and cheerful category, but they are a decent quality.

That looks great. I may have to invest in this.

Corinna

I honestly had not planned it this way, but as of about 5 minutes ago, I can say we are leaving for our trip today. The last odds and ends arrived in time after I had a last minute panic when I could not find the US plug attachment for my USB charger and then noticed that I had lost the UV filter for my camera. Both have now been replaced. I got my nails on hands and toes done before work yesterday. Now I just have to try to get some sleep and then the adventure can start. See you all at the other end.

Corinna

It is nearly time to head for the port. We are ready, the paperwork is signed and the luggage tags are attached. I can't wait to get my first look at the ship. The ship is only about a quarter of a mile away, but somebody stuck a building between us and the port. I will try to post a sneak preview before we set sail.

Corinna

It is nearly time to head for the port. We are ready, the paperwork is signed and the luggage tags are attached. I can't wait to get my first look at the ship. The ship is only about a quarter of a mile away, but somebody stuck a building between us and the port. I will try to post a sneak preview before we set sail.

Corinna

How not nice of those people putting buildings in your sight lines!! Would love to see a sneak peak of the ship before you sail.

Wishing you smooth seas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter