It's a small world - flooding

What a bummer! I keep checking to see if there are any updates; our trip isn’t until first week of December and I’m REALLY hoping it’s back up by then 🤞🏻

I agree with everyone - it's extremely disappointing! It's also an attraction with a very high hourly capacity, so all of those people that would be riding and/or in line for iasw are now in line or riding something else!

I'm really hoping it will open while we're there, I was looking forward to seeing it again and I have two family members who have never been to DL! I kept telling them how awesome it was when we were there 4 years ago and saw all the Christmas decorations! We'll be there Thursday through Tues, minus Sunday for Universal.

yeah FreshBaked said they had planned for it to open late this week but have pushed it out until the 22nd

Huh, hours before it was discovered… If this is true I wonder how much time and money a moisture sensor next to the electrical equipment could have saved? They even have ones that are WiFi enabled. Or even just keep someone on 3rd shift to watch for leaks while they fill the flume? But hey what do I know? :confused3 My gut tells me this was something could been prevented or even mitigated but instead they were being pennywise and pound foolish.

Wow, this is such an oversight. I mean, the World of Colour flood probably lost them hundreds and thousands of dollars for selling viewing packages, not to mention all the fees to fix it.
They should have been more vigilant about it. Especially since this ride is such a historical icon, I hope it can be preserved.

Also selfishly, I really wanted to experience IASW Holiday for my December trip for the first time. It's a high-capacity ride, so I am dreading the crowds that will disperse elsewhere since this will stay down.

I was really looking forward to Christmas IASW with our daughter. I like to regale her every time with the story of my first time riding IASW at the NY’ World Fair. We skipped the ride earlier this month since we were going to be back at the end of the month. Oh well, fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter