"It's an adventure" Day 12: Rest

wickesy

<font color=royalblue>Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love y
Sunday 22nd April

Today was pencilled in as another rest day and as the weather was quite nice we decided to try out the Winter Summer Land miniature golf course. We were up at 8:45, out by 9:50 and in no time at all we were parking up at the golf course.

We did the Winter course where with the help of a couple of fluke holes-in-one I got round in 53 while Dad took 65 shots to complete the par 56 course. I really liked the theming of the course although I did get caught out by the snowman! After we finished I decided that because it was still early and we were enjoying ourselves we should take advantage of the half-price second round and do the Summer course. This time I took 49 shots and Dad made a respectable 57.

From the miniature golf we went round to MGM to see the parade. We parked up in Film 29 at 11:55 and the first stop was ABC Commissary for a bite to eat. Dad had a Cuban sandwich and orange juice and I had a half-Cuban sandwich with apple juice.

After eating we went round to the backlot tour where we had another loading problem. When we got to the tram portion of the tour we were initially told by one Cast Member to go towards the front of the tram. As we walked off we were told by another Cast Member that we had to go to the back by which time the tram was full and we had to wait for the next one. We were directed to a row on the second tram and after we had been sitting there for a while we were asked if we would move forward to two spaces in the row in front of us. This prompted the family that were split between the row we were now in and the row in front to complain between themselves that they could have sat together after all. It really seemed as though the Cast Members didn’t know what they were doing. As it happened we ended up on the right side of the tram rather than the left so we didn’t get wet at the special effects scene.

There was time to get some more photos done so our Photo Pass got another workout.

DisneyPhotoImage2r.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage3r.jpg

We had a quick look round the shops and then staked out a spot by the bronze heads opposite Indiana Jones for the parade. We were right at the front and I got some great poses on video from Dopey and the red Power Ranger.

We left the park at 3:35 and were back in the room by 4:05 for a quick break before going out at 5:00. We nipped round to the Polynesian for a look around and this was the first resort I had been to where we were given a temporary parking permit, all the others just waved us in. We both liked the Polynesian and it was added to our list of places that we wouldn’t mind staying in for the future.

After looking around the Polynesian it was food time and we decided that we would go back to Golden Corral. The sat nav was behaving itself this time and we ended up at the one on the Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway. We had another great meal there, I really like going round buffets and trying a bit of everything.

Suitably stuffed we went back to the hotel where I picked up a Year Of A Million Dreams pin and an Earth Day pin before going back to the room to rest for a while.

At 8:45 we went back over to the Magic Kingdom where I wanted to tape Wishes. Main Street was crowded with people waiting for Spectromagic so we made our way up through the shops, through the noodle station and round onto the Tomorrowland bridge to pick a spot. We sat waiting for Wishes and this time when the show started I remembered to press the record button!
When the show finished we waited for the crowds to die down and made our way out via the shops where I bought a zip up fleece sweatshirt.

We were back in the room for 11:00 and in bed by 11:15.

Tomorrow: “Just stay in bed for a while.” Day 13

The mini golf is always good for a "rest" day

susan

Great report! :banana: It sounds like you had a very busy day for a rest day!!

Your getting good value out of the photopass!

:surfweb:

Jodie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter