It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like...

Based off a few reactions and comments, want to clarify...only the living/great room has a 15ft ceiling. We didn't buy a James River Plantation home out here in rural KS! I wouldn't dump that much dough into a sticks and bricks anyway. I need that over-customized HDT first.

Well being in Kansas at least you are in the right state for overly customized HDT's.

My Christmas tree in my office at work.
View attachment 541191
I have that same tree in my office at work. It probably won't get put up (assembled) this year. I've only been in to the office 5 or 6 times since March.

Is that a mask as a tree skirt? I wrapped some scrubs around mine. (my team manages the scrub machines)

Here was mine last year. Equally festive.

20181128_155257-1008x567_copy_504x284.jpg

j

Last edited:
Here is my progress report.

My job regarding the Christmas tree is to drag the box down out of the attic and then stay out of the way. DW and DD assemble and decorate. All of us are happy with that arrangement (especially me). 🎄

Yesterday afternoon my girls did their thing. First I have to explain that last year DW felt that we needed a new tree. Nothing was wrong with the old tree - but she felt like WE needed a new tree (I don't recall feeling anything on the subject one way or the other but DW told me she could feel what I wanted). So she went with the skinny tree last year and it does allow us to put it in tighter spaces than the old tree. Anyway, here is our decorated tree:

20201130_160354.jpg

We have a few Disney-related decorations:

20201130_160324.jpg

20201130_160304.jpg

20201130_160250.jpg

and a photo ornament that, judging by the picture, is about 21 years old.

20201130_160231.jpg

My only outdoor decoration is a 5-foot prelit LED wreath. I hung that the day after Thanksgiving.

20201130_164519.jpg

DW is talking about putting the old tree up on our screened in front porch. We have enough lights to put on it. And we have to put the Fontanini nativity set out (it's come down out of the attic already too). Both of us being retired now for the first time at this time of the year, we're enjoying the process a little bit more and not feeling rushed.

Then on to the Christmas cards.

Bama Ed

PS - and we are a multi-color light family. Don't want to start any Hatfield-McCoys discussion on that topic. :duck:

PS - and we are a multi-color light family. Don't want to start any Hatfield-McCoys discussion on that topic. :duck:
Gee Ed, no one brought up the color of the lights before you! :stir: So , you kinda did start it. Why did you have to open up pandoras box like that?popcorn::

Love the wreath and ornaments, Ed.

I'm fairly agnostic on light color. I like the multi-color on the tree inside, but I like houses decorated in white.

I put up the outside stuff over the weekend. We picked up 2 wire tree frames at a welder's art shop over the summer. They didn't come with lights, so I spent yesterday tying lights to them. The tall one is 6 ft. The short one about 4. The little tree and Mickey and Minnie neon I had before.

20201130_174716_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

Enjoying the Christmas Trees & decorations. At our old home, we put a tree in the den & then one in the study/ Disney room. It had all the Disney ornaments. The den was old fashion ornaments. The yard had Santa & his sled, We have the Mickey & Minnie like Teamubr, but gave it to my sister from another Mother (she will be coming with me in June to the dismeet) also the Mickey ear with the lights. Not sure what I am going to do this year.

This is my favorite Disney Christmas decoration. We got it on a holiday trip in 2017 and it brings me joy every time I see it :)

We have one of those too! People wonder how much I love this time of the year, well I did want a Christmas wedding and so did my Wife....the decorations are a plenty, just not overdone. Think Hallmark light?

Yesterday's rain put a pause on my outdoor decorating after work, so I put up the window candles and the upstairs tree that you can see from the road. Once the kids got home from their dads we started to sort ornament and decorate the family tree. That's one down, two to go. Plus I cannot wait to setup the 3' ceramic tree my mother gave me.

Today being dry I might get to the last of the bushes and get the inflatables and projector up the kids absolutely want.

Everyone's Christmas decorations looks so nice and Festive. I also felt we needed a different tree this year. I agree with all your spouses, it's just newer and fresher. No snow here in southern Wisconsin and that is okay. Soon I hope though. I am going to try and get our Tree on here. We only have two large Mickey Ornaments. Those two do not get stored with the others. We are almost to our 365 day countdown. I know things will be crazy so the parks may not happen until after the 1st. Blessed Christmas everyone. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Looks good, Barb.

And it's never too early to start the countdown!

j

I like that C&D roasting marshmallows ornament. On our last trip C&D were DS's favorite characters everywhere we went. Think we have 40 Photopass pictures of them. This trip this summer, he's probably going to be too cool for school.

I love seeing everyone's ornaments. It's funny how many of us have the same ones.

Here's a few of the ones on my tree.

One of my favorite new ones. Picked it up in October.
20201203_172844_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Many of the little glass ones.
20201203_172915_copy_2016x1134.jpg
20201203_173323_copy_2016x1134.jpg

20201203_173243_copy_2016x1134.jpg20201203_172925_copy_2016x1134.jpg20201203_173016_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Shiney ones.
20201203_173003_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Apparently I like these. I didn't realize we have bought this one the past 3 years. (And Chris too)
20201203_172905_copy_2016x1134.jpg20201203_173205_copy_2016x1134.jpg20201203_173122_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

Did you use the firetruck ladder? LOL
OMG! How on earth did my cats get in your house? So sorry 'bout that. If you use a citrus type spray it should help keep the cats off/out of the tree. I've used orange peels but the smell only last a few days. My cats believe the ornaments look better on the floor of the bathroom or sometimes under the coffee table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter