I've just discovered another reason I love my DVC.

disneynanacat

Lovin' Disney Too!
I don't post often, but just had to share this. I think it's become the best benefit of owning DVC. It seems my kids & grandkids get spoiled and don't really appreciate going to WDW as often as they do. We're actually skipping our trip this year but never have I enjoyed my DVC more.

You see, my supervisor/friend at work has breast cancer and finished her masectomy, chemo, etc. four weeks ago. She's just 32 and has a DD who's 4 years old. They've never been to WDW so I got them a villa for 6 nights at Saratoga Springs with my DVC points and they were to arrive today. Planned it months ago when she was first diagnosed because I knew her and her DH and DD would be needing some pixie dust about now. It's given her and her family something to look forward to while going through it all. Plus, if things don't go well, you know, I just couldn't stand the thought of her not being able to experience the magic & wonder of WDW with her DD. Plus, a good memory for her DD of her mom. We all chipped in at work and were able to come up with enough for their passes and to rent her a scooter for the week too. All they had to pay for was gas down & back, food & misc. They were all so excited! Her DD was driving everyone crazy for months!

DVC is the only way I would've been able to do that for them. I don't think I could've enjoyed this trip any more if I'd gone myself! Share the magic when you can folks, it feels great!

What a wonderful thing to do for your friend and her family! I hope they have a magical stay.

what a wonderful gesture you made, I'm sure your friend and her family will remember it forever!!

I love hearing about selfless acts like this. I hope that the family has a great trip and that you have given them the chance to make many special memories. I would have done the same thing. My family raised me to believe that doing good for others will bring good fortune to me too so I have always tried to live that way. You could have easily rented out your points or banked them, and instead you did an incredible thing. Thank you for being that kind of a person! There will be a reward to you when you see the photos from their trip! Seems like you might have been that little girl's very own Tinkerbell! :cheer2: :hug: :thumbsup2

Isn't it nice to be able to give something so meaningful to someone else?

We recently arranged for my husband's brother's family to visit WDW and they used our points to stay at OKW. They were back in the States from Singapore because our 3 yo nephew was having treatment for a traumatic eye injury. Their family was very excited to go to WDW and we were so happy to provide for their accomodations. Without DVC, it would not have been possible. We love our DVC!

God bless you for your big, beautiful, loving heart:angel:

You made me cry. I love a "good" cry.

Thank Heaven for you. People like you make the difference, may others learn from your generosity.

Love and Blessing,
Ann

What a beautiful thing you did for that family. I sometimes worry about humanity, but people like you make the world a better place. :grouphug:

Thanks all. Wasn't looking for a pat on the back just wanted to share the good feeling I was having being able to share a little of the DVC magic with them. I've taken people with us before, people who've never been, but I've never sent anyone without going too!lol

She said it was great just having it to look forward to. Something to take their minds off what was happening to them and their fear. For Christmas, I sent them a bunch of guidebooks; the Passporter, Unofficial Guide, the offical one too, for kids. Ordered them a free planning DVD from Disney. Signed her up for Tourguide Mike.lol I might have Disneyed her out!

They must be having fun because I haven't heard from them today. I know they made it to Orlando because she called from their offsite hotel last night. She made me promise to keep my cell phone in my pocket in case they needed me.lol I guess I prepared her enough that she's doing fine on their own. For the past two weeks I've felt like a mother sending her daughter off to college for the first time!

Totally cool. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to hear about their trip. If you get a chance, please update us with details of their trip after they get home (or when you hear anything)! You sound like a very wonderful and caring individual.

Lissa

I don't think I could've enjoyed this trip any more if I'd gone myself!
Awesome! I am sure they are having a magical time as we speak- er- type! Great post- you put a smile on my face!

Disneynanacat

Please keep us updated on your friends trip, I'll be at Saratogo Wednesday I'll keep an eye out for the Happiest Guests there.

What a wonderful gesture - I am sure they are having a fabulous time!! :goodvibes

Disneynanacat

Please keep us updated on your friends trip, I'll be at Saratogo Wednesday I'll keep an eye out for the Happiest Guests there.

Okay, I'll do some progress reports on this thread as I hear from them or when they get back. I sent you a PM!

That's why I love Disneyphiles and DVC owners too - I like to think that a lot of them are as kind-hearted and generous as you are. What good is magic if it's not shared??!!:cloud9:

Blessings to you disneynanacat and your co-workers for this wonderful gesture. Please keep us posted - I would love to hear how their trip is going. I'll send some pixie dust now pixiedust: that their trip is absolutely magical!

Cheryl

God bless you for your big, beautiful, loving heart:angel:

You made me cry. I love a "good" cry.

Thank Heaven for you. People like you make the difference, may others learn from your generosity.

Love and Blessing,
Ann

What a beautiful thing you did for that family. I sometimes worry about humanity, but people like you make the world a better place. :grouphug:

::yes:: What they said. :goodvibes

What a wonderful gesture :woohoo: . The have truly had what we all call a Disney moment to the nth degree. I pray that she is now cancer free riding on Soarin and having a great dinner at Le Cellier. I believe that you will be blessed for doing something so thoughtful :hug: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter