I've just discovered another reason I love my DVC.

What a beautiful story and gesture. I'm sure they are having some truly special, magical moments on this trip!! You are a true friend! :)

What a wonderful person you are and a great inspiration to others! Wow!! It must be great to know you've changed 3 lives in such a positive way!

in a world where most news is bad news, you certainly have brightened all of our days with your gesture...not to mention the life-long impact that you've undoubtedly had on your friend and her family. thank you for your generosity and kindness!

No word from them so far, other than when they first arrived. No news is good news so I bet they're having a ball!

Wow what a great thing to do!!! I hope that they are having a wonderful time and making a ton of magical moments. My prayers go out to her and her family!!!!

That is a great benefit of this program. We too are looking forward to sharing our points with others when the time is upon us. Blessings to you and I pray the family in WDW is having a great time.

What a neat thing! I would love to hear about their trip too, as you hear anything or when they return. I hope they're having a blast and pray that she is now cancer free. Way to spread the magic!!!

This is a wonderful story! What a great time the family must be having!!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Wow....the world is a great place:love:

It's people like you who make it a little better:flower3: :flower3:
Thanks for sharing.....and please keep us updated on their
trip.
thanks
kerri

:flower1:
What a great post to find first thing in the morning!!
Wasn't loving my day until now.
You really are a special person:thumbsup2

Wonderful post, and it reminds me of something similar we did here on the DIS/DCV boards some years back. Several of us donated points, and sent a terminal mother and her children and care giver. It was the best "warm fuzzy" we've had here, and your experience reminds me that we all need to do this more often.

What a cool thing to do!

My cousin got married a couple years ago and when I asked where they were honeymooning they said "Orlando".

I could feel the Disney in me start to flow but I didn't want to be pushy so I asked what they planned to do in Orlando. They mentioned goind to WDW as well as a couple other things but I don't remember what (I stopped paying attention after they said Disney).

Well, where are you staying? They didn't have anything planned - a week before their wedding - "some Disney hotel I guess".:scared1: :eek: :crazy2: :confused: :faint:

Ah, yeah, well - what are you travel dates? And how long would you like to stay in WDW? Let me call you back.

Booked a studio at SSR for four nights. Our wedding gift to them. My Uncle paid for my honeymoon cabin - so I was ecstatic to be able to pass it along to someone else.

You deserve a pat on the back! It's great to hear that compassion and kindness are not gone in this world; Disney Magic is proof.

D4D

I talked to them briefly Tuesday, I think. It was the day there was that accident in AK. I called them because I thought they might have went there that day. (any ol' excuse will do.lol) They were having a ball. Had been to MK twice and tried AK on Monday but it was too crowded so they came back and spent the day by the "big pool." Her husband was playing golf when I called and her and her DD had just ret'd from MK where they'd done some shopping. It sounds as if she's just putting her DD on her lap and going right on in her scooter!lol (Opps, altho I think that's a no-no) She's like that tho, nothing much is going to stop her. Even tho she had the type of BC that is hard to stop, if anything gets her through this it will be her will to live for her DD & DH.

I let you more as I hear!

I hope this posts. I tried posting on this thread yesterday and it kept telling me that I couldn't because I wasn't logged in but I was.

My friend was back at work Monday and still bubbling over about her trip to WDW. She said they had a ball! I don't think they hit the parks real hard but did visit each one and did MK a couple times. Surprisingly, her DD4 really liked Epcot because of Soarin', Test Track and she got to see so many characters there.

They really loved SSR. Loved it so much they hated to leave and go to the parks. Said they enjoyed the resort/pool as much as the parks. They were in Grandstand pool view just like I'd requested for them, bottom floor. They saw one movie at the GS pool but mostly swam in the "big pool" because DD4 liked the slide. They actually spent 1 3/4 days just hanging out at the resort/pool.

She said the bus service was great and they never waited long. She said most of the time they'd walk out and their bus would be there.

They ate at Turf Club several times, enough that they were calling them by name, and she kept going on and on about how good the food was. Especially the prime rib and mudslides!

She said the SSR staff just bent over backwards to help them and answer questions.

Her DH played golf a couple days and they were blown away because the resort payed for his taxie to/from the coarse. He was also surprised that it only cost him $35. I don't know if they gave him a DVC rate or what because I don't golf.

Oh, she loved the SSR spa too! When I called and booked the treatment they wouldn't let me book her a massage because it hadn't been 6 months since her last chemo. But they said she could have a facial and even suggested it. When she got there however, they told her that she couldn't get the facial either. She ended up getting a pedicure and parafin hand & feet treatment which she said she liked better anyway.

Anyway, they had a great trip. She said they didn't win any Dreams but it was a dream that they were even there. She said it was nice just to get away and be alone as a family without well meaning family & friends always around.

Sounds like SSR treated them great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter