Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Yeah I guess we just had bad luck. Oh well.

For what it’s worth, here at Poly now and there is a bus stop attendant who can radio in to get ETAs (and I assume could request backup) when buses are not running on time. I didn’t see anyone at AKL.

The attendants rotate around, I often see them when we stay at various resorts, but they are not always there.

The attendants rotate around, I often see them when we stay at various resorts, but they are not always there.
I’ve seen them at POR and POFQ in the past. The one at POFQ over New Year was useless though and we still saw two buses for every park before one for MK came by.

I’ve seen them at POR and POFQ in the past. The one at POFQ over New Year was useless though and we still saw two buses for every park before one for MK came by.
Ours at beach club was also useless. We had a member of our party in an ECV and had to wait for 4 buses (1.5 hrs). They always load at yacht club first (didn’t know that and didn’t expect 6 ecvs all going to the same park). Finally the 3rd bus driver called us a bus.

Ours at beach club was also useless. We had a member of our party in an ECV and had to wait for 4 buses (1.5 hrs). They always load at yacht club first (didn’t know that and didn’t expect 6 ecvs all going to the same park). Finally the 3rd bus driver called us a bus.
It's one of the big reasons I prefer the YC and will probably never stay at the BC.

Where can I find resort activity calendars? I know September will not be available yet but want to get an idea for what is around and then I can finalize closer to the day when the schedule is published.

We were there this past week and didn't have any problems with buses. We never waited over 10 minutes on a bus. I was happy with how quickly they arrived. Maybe it was because we usually left in the afternoon and left a little before closing to beat the crowds. Also went to After Hours 2 days arriving about 6:30 to the park. We did leave one morning at 7:30 am. Maybe you just had bad luck but I was very happy with the bus service.
Thanks for all the reviews and construction updates!

How were the buses back to AKL at the end of After Hours?

Thanks for all the reviews and construction updates!

How were the buses back to AKL at the end of After Hours?
We had no problems with buses at all never waited over 5 or 10 minutes during our whole stay. After the after hours there was a bus within 5 minutes. I was very pleased. We did go to MK and HS After Hours. We left about 15 minutes before MK's ended and 30 minutes before HS's ended. Not sure if it would be worse if we left right when they were over.

Yeah I guess we just had bad luck. Oh well.

For what it’s worth, here at Poly now and there is a bus stop attendant who can radio in to get ETAs (and I assume could request backup) when buses are not running on time. I didn’t see anyone at AKL.

We saw one at Poly in Nov. Still waited 45 min for a bus...and the attendant disappeared after 20. Our new rule is uber/lyft after 10 min.

We are arriving at the AKL in 2 weeks. It’s our first time staying there - not DVC members. Does anyone know what kind of coffee maker is in the rooms there? I assume it’s a standard one cup unit with bags to place inside but I’m hoping that there has been an upgrade to Nescafe or Keurig. I’m trying to plan on what to bring so I can have coffee on my balcony in the mornings before we head out to the parks. Thanks all!

Not sure if anyone can answer this question but are bunk bed rooms still available at AKL? I’m currently booked in a 2 bdrm villa at Kidani but am contemplating switching to 2 CL rooms at Jambo. We’re a family of seven so the best set up would be two queens and then queen and bunk beds but I thought I had read they were getting rid of bunks resort wide. Anyone stayed recently that knows?

Hi I just returned from AKL and wanted to drop a quick hello and answer any questions. We had an amazing time. We arrived on Sunday for one night. We had a savannah club level room. We got lucky and got one of the renovated rooms on Kudu trail. It was room number was 4235. It was right in the middle of the savannah. The animals were out on it in the early evening but nothing in the morning. We only stayed at the resort used the pools and the lounge. I wrote a quick write up on the lounge in the club level thread. Here I will focus on the rooms. I have some pics but trouble loading them.

Any questions please ask.

Not sure if anyone can answer this question but are bunk bed rooms still available at AKL? I’m currently booked in a 2 bdrm villa at Kidani but am contemplating switching to 2 CL rooms at Jambo. We’re a family of seven so the best set up would be two queens and then queen and bunk beds but I thought I had read they were getting rid of bunks resort wide. Anyone stayed recently that knows?

The old-style rooms have always had some availability with bunk beds. We’ve previously stayed in a CL bunk bed room on Kudu trail. However, last week a CL CM told me that it is true that they are getting rid of all of the bunk beds during the renovation. Because Kudu trail has been renovated, it’s my understanding that would mean only CL Zebra Trail rooms with bunk beds remain. However, I was told they are now working on Zebra Trail from the far end of the wing to toward the Arusha Rock. I suppose the likelihood of getting a bunk bed room at this point would now depend on how soon your trip is & how many are still left in CL.

A two-bedroom at Kidani sounds lovely though! I’ve only stayed in a Disney two bedroom villa at HHI & it was very nice.

Hi I just returned from AKL and wanted to drop a quick hello and answer any questions. We had an amazing time. We arrived on Sunday for one night. We had a savannah club level room. We got lucky and got one of the renovated rooms on Kudu trail. It was room number was 4235. It was right in the middle of the savannah. The animals were out on it in the early evening but nothing in the morning. We only stayed at the resort used the pools and the lounge. I wrote a quick write up on the lounge in the club level thread. Here I will focus on the rooms. I have some pics but trouble loading them.

Any questions please ask.

That is a great section! We’ve been in that area before, too. What did you think of the renovated room?

The old-style rooms have always had some availability with bunk beds. We’ve previously stayed in a CL bunk bed room on Kudu trail. However, last week a CL CM told me that it is true that they are getting rid of all of the bunk beds during the renovation. Because Kudu trail has been renovated, it’s my understanding that would mean only CL Zebra Trail rooms with bunk beds remain. However, I was told they are now working on Zebra Trail from the far end of the wing to toward the Arusha Rock. I suppose the likelihood of getting a bunk bed room at this point would now depend on how soon your trip is & how many are still left in CL.

A two-bedroom at Kidani sounds lovely though! I’ve only stayed in a Disney two bedroom villa at HHI & it was very nice.

Yes we usually stay in a 2 bdrm either at AKL, WL or B.C. because I love the space with our large family and the washer/dryer is a nice perk. We haven’t stayed CL in years and it was a decent rate with my AP discount. You brought up a good point about the renovations though. Inventory of a bunk room could be non-existent at this point so I think we’ll just stick with the villa. We arrive 7/24 so only three more weeks 😍

That is a great section! We’ve been in that area before, too. What did you think of the renovated room?

Hi we loved the new room. I have to say the one thing I miss is the ceiling fan. I sleep with them at home and missed that. I think it helps circulate air better. Other than that the room was lovely and the location was great. It was okay for us to have only a shower, (which was so big) but I could see if you were staying longer or with children you would need a tub. The beds and the pillows are so nice. At first I thought it was a little far on the trail but then when I looked off the balcony I realized I was in the middle more and thought it was great.

Thanks for asking! We can't wait to go back!

They are being phased out. All have been removed from the Kudu side. The ones that remain on the Zebra side will all be removed by the end of refurbishment (currently scheduled to be completed by Feb 2020). I think there’s currently only 1-2 Bunk Bed CL rooms remaining.

Last edited:
We are arriving at the AKL in 2 weeks. It’s our first time staying there - not DVC members. Does anyone know what kind of coffee maker is in the rooms there? I assume it’s a standard one cup unit with bags to place inside but I’m hoping that there has been an upgrade to Nescafe or Keurig. I’m trying to plan on what to bring so I can have coffee on my balcony in the mornings before we head out to the parks. Thanks all!
Last stay for us was spring 2018 in the non DVC side and it was the typical cusianart 2 cup machine that brews joffreys in the bag. To my knowledge nothing has changed.

They have replaced the flat pod machines to Keurig in the renovated rooms on Kudu Trail. We stayed on Zebra Trail in May and it was the flat pods. I always take my Keurig mini with me but when I went to use it at AKL it was broken. I could not prove that bell services broke it ( worked at home ) so I went to the concierge desk and requested a Keurig ( brought my own K-cups) and they put one in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter