Jambo

I just spoke to MS about our upcoming CL reservations at AKL between July and December (we have four). The CM went on the website to check availability and told me that Jambo was simply sold out for every day and every category between now and 2021 because it is so popular (umm...). So they (the front-line CMs) have no clue either.

Last edited:
Uh, yea, WTH is going on at Jambo???!!!??? I have a Christmas club level reservation! I guess I'll be happy if the NBA wants to send me to VGF club level...

Seeing the newest info having the NBA going back to CSR makes more sense,

Maybe they blocked out Jambo just in case? Who knows but it is way weird how It disappeared in like hours for a 5 month period!

I am hoping they use Coronado Springs. Makes more sense than using Jambo. Coronado seemed to be the preferred choice from the article I saw.
Agreed - saw the same thing. Being a convention type resort, they might be better equipped to handle the 'team' concept there.

I just spoke to MS about our upcoming CL reservations at AKL between July and December (we have four). The CM went on the website to check availability and told me that Jambo was simply sold out for every day and every category between now and 2021 because it is so popular (umm...). So they (the front-line CMs) have no clue either.

They quoted that about Jambo Values when they were blocked at 11 months. They are rarely the first or even the second and maybe not even the third to know. :rolleyes1

They quoted that about Jambo Values when they were blocked at 11 months. They are rarely the first or even the second and maybe not even the third to know. :rolleyes1
I know and I could not agree with you more.

Can they even legally block out the entire resort from owners for booking? I am fuzzy on the legalities of this.

Can they even legally block out the entire resort from owners for booking? I am fuzzy on the legalities of this.

I if Jambo and Kidani are just two buildings of the same resort, they could probably figure out a way to stay within legal guidelines, given how many points they own, etc.

But makes no sense when WDW has so many other hotels that don’t involve DVC and opening that can of worms.

Not an entire resort but Jambo building is only a part of the resort so maybe they could do that. I think it would have to have been done at 11 months though and on a first come first served basis that they are held to the same as the rest of us except for rooms they set aside as a basis for expected trades out of DVC.

I'm new, but while Kidani usually has good availability, it seems to have the opposite status as Jambo with even more wide open availability. Maybe they are moving some cash rooms from Kidani to Jambo to make room at the main building for CSR transplants? A weird domino effect?

I’m personally far from convinced Disney can legally requisition deeded real estate from owners on a whim. How could the number of points be made up in AKL cash rooms and breakage? And even then the rooms don’t have the same amenities, I am sceptical they would try this.

Theoretically, if my ability to book at my home resort (AKL) is impacted by this, would there be any obligation on DVC to extend the life of my banked 2019 points by the number of months that the resort is closed?

Ok, lets just say this. I do not think Disney is going to take rooms away from DVC as they have three three and a half months of canceled reservations to replace, and to take even a little from DVC inventory would force them to have to push out expiring points even further. I tihnk they want to get back to situation normal.

Theoretically, if my ability to book at my home resort (AKL) is impacted by this, would there be any obligation on DVC to extend the life of my banked 2019 points by the number of months that the resort is closed?

No, you are not guaranteed any day. DVC can remove rooms from service for cash bookings under lots of rules, including points they own. They can even take before 11 month window,

What an owner of AKV would have to do is prove they exceed their legal right to pull rooms....not sure how one does.

It is why it doesn’t make sense for NBA...at least not to me...too messy.

Agreed. Your main resort is AKL and Khidani. But, you would have to prove that a non DVC user is using the room. And just like if you were unable to book if other owners had used all the availibilty. I have a friend who owns at CC and he wasn't even able to book at his home resort for his welcome home trip. And still hasn't stayed there. So unless you own at a specific week and bought that week at that hotel, there is no grantee.

@Sandisw - I know you have reservations in July - did you see that you can book ADRs for Disney Springs now??? Go, run fast and get some!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter