Jambo

Maybe they are "saving" Jambo for rebooking those people currently booked in CSR?
exactly what i had thought, also.
That way, Coronado guests are likely happy to get an upgrade. Bumping Jambo guests is less likely to have a "happy" outcome.
NBA still gets a great resort at Coronado, with a convention center, Club Level (assuming it's open), and near the ESPN Complex.
Sounds like a win-win!

Last edited:
I just checked and see that indeed all inventory at Jambo was pulled through the end of the year. What happens to existing reservations - especially those hard to book times like Xmas / New Years (which is what I have - for 12 nights). If I was relocated to another Resort I would not be happy. And, is it possible for a DVC reservation to be cancelled if all other Resorts are full and I can't be moved?

I just checked and see that indeed all inventory at Jambo was pulled through the end of the year. What happens to existing reservations - especially those hard to book times like Xmas / New Years (which is what I have - for 12 nights). If I was relocated to another Resort I would not be happy. And, is it possible for a DVC reservation to be cancelled if all other Resorts are full and I can't be moved?

And how exactly did you “check?”

You just go to the booking section on the DVC website and you can see what dates have availability. I checked Studios and 1Bedroom savannah and standard and every date is greyed out until you get to 1/1/21

Let me "teach you" how to check....

Under Planning Tools go to Book a Vacation. Select any dates in 2020, ALL room types and only Jambo.

The results for everything is Waitlist Only. Expand any of the room categories. Now you can scroll back and forth by month. From now through December is no availability anywhere in Jambo. Scroll forward to January any availability is there. That is how to "check".

like said, it appears more likely that NBA will be at Coronado, and guests who had booked at Coronado would be moved to Jambo (as well as other resorts)- your reservations should be safe :flower1:
https://nesn.com/2020/06/nba-rumors-league-and-disney-agree-to-use-this-property-as-host-resort/

No, they can not just cancel a DVC reservation and leave you with nothing. Normal rules would apply when what you booked has to be taken out of service...they move you somewhere.

IMO, unless it is the NBA, no DVC will be changed, because they won’t need to,

Since we are not privy to exactly how many rooms are behind a date shown as available, it could be that it wasn’t a ton of actual rooms.

To me, it sees to have been done to limit any more rooms being filled in case they make the deal with NBA.

And, as mentioned above, CSR seems to be the top candidate again.

Let me "teach you" how to check....

Under Planning Tools go to Book a Vacation. Select any dates in 2020, ALL room types and only Jambo.

The results for everything is Waitlist Only. Expand any of the room categories. Now you can scroll back and forth by month. From now through December is no availability anywhere in Jambo. Scroll forward to January any availability is there. That is how to "check".

So what you actually meant is there is no availability at the smallest DVC resort less than 7 months out? I have a Jambo value studio booked Dec 28-Jan 3.

I'm guessing they are trying to free up space at other hotels to shift those who have Coranado rooms booked. They wont send them to values so has to be equal or better.

So what you actually meant is there is no availability at the smallest DVC resort less than 7 months out? I have a Jambo value studio booked Dec 28-Jan 3.

It is odd that EVERY day for EVERY category is booked. It is the smallest resort but not the hardest resort to book. Even BWV standard studio and BCV Studio have avaliablity.

That is not it, I have been on the website the past month adjusting 3 different trips and up until the other afternoon, there were rooms of every room size...other than CL..available during those 5 months,

I had my choice of Jambo for each of those trips...then, all of a sudden, what was there, and had been consistent in seeing for the month were gone,

I then did a search of every room size...and it was all gone, within hours.

So, it was pulled.

It is odd that EVERY day for EVERY category is booked. It is the smallest resort but not the hardest resort to book. Even BWV standard studio and BCV Studio have avaliablity.
Odd, but more than likely Disney (a DVC member) used their ownership interest to book the remaining rooms. The sky is falling speculation just upsets people that don't know any better and most likely adds to the problem of reaching member services. Through this whole ordeal Disney has been slow with information to members but has bent over backwards IMHO to make things right with the membership eventually. No I am not a Disney employee.

That is not it, I have been on the website the past month adjusting 3 different trips and up until the other afternoon, there were rooms of every room size...other than CL..available during those 5 months,

I had my choice of Jambo for each of those trips...then, all of a sudden, what was there, and had been consistent in seeing for the month were gone,

I then did a search of every room size...and it was all gone, within hours.

So, it was pulled.
See my reply above.

I think there is going to be a huge rush on DVC rooms as people are using this year and part of next year as more and more people are selling their contracts but they want to get in that last vacation.

I'm guessing they are trying to free up space at other hotels to shift those who have Coranado rooms booked. They wont send them to values so has to be equal or better.

I think so because my source has said that the current plan is to move cash guests to open DVC until other resorts open. But, I still believe it was pulled for NBA and if that gets confirmed at CSR, we will see it back!

Everybody see's things from different POV's and different angles. That is why projects are best when worked in groups with different pieces of input. I bet Disney reads these and gleams ideas from all this talking we do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter