Jan 18 WESTERN anyone ???

We are near the 100 day mark...YAAAA HOOOO!!!

Knowing we have 3 major holidays coming up....these last few days are going to zooooommm on by. I am sooooo ready to watch another sunrise/sunset from deck 10, collect the 'little paper umbrellas' from foo-foo drinks, dine at palos and search for hidden mickeys at Castaway Cay (just to name a few of my favorites).

I've got 2 questions for Jan 18 group

1) can anyone direct me to a western cruise trip report that details experiences on excursions in Grand Cayman and Cozumel? We still have not made up our mind - what to do - where to go - organized tour - doing one on our own....would love some suggestions. Even through we are touring with a group of 13, we will prob tour the ports with GrandMa/Pa - Nan and I + 3 DD's (almost 9, 6 & 3).

2) My oldest DD (Karin - 9 y/o at the end of Feb) is looking for a pen-pal to meet on the ship....if anyone has a DD or DS around this age that is interested...plz e-mail me =

d_Isigny@msn.com

Take good care of you and yours........K

D'Isigny,

Your kids are around the same age as mine. My DS turns 9 on February 11. I also have a 4 year old and a 6 year old both are girls.

This will be our 4th DCL cruise. We cannot wait!!! I can only hope the airline tckts go down before then.

:bounce: :bounce: :D :bounce:

I am another of the DDL group sailing on the 1-18-03 Magic cruise. As Arlene said, we currently have nineteen cabins reserved. In those, we have thirty-nine adults and ten children.

I am ready for January.

Bianca

:bounce: :bounce:

I am cruious of anyone knows of any young adults going on this cruise. I am talking about ages 19-23 years. I know that is a difficult age for cruises. They are primarily too old to travel with their parents, but usually too poor to travel on their own.

My twenty year old daughter is going with me on this cruise. She did not accompany me last December and was very envious of my Eastern Caribbean cruise. She has completed her second year of college and has now taken off a year to work at WDW. She will return to school next September for her Junior year of college.

She gets along well with my older, adult friends. But I was just curious if there would be passengers more in her age group. I didn't look around for them on my DCL cruise last year.

Bianca

:earsgirl:

Does anyone have their cruise documents yet? We're booked with a group so we won't get ours for another week or so. :(
I want them in my hand - I want to be able to hold them and read them.:p

We used a travel agent (MouseEarVacations) and ours came yesterday. I know what you mean about getting them in your hands. Has anyone contacted you from the travel ageny that you used, yet? Our documents were received last week, and we received them this week. The Disney Vacation Club waits 2 weeks from what I hear.

Anyone planning a DIS get together?

Tina:bounce:

We will be on the January 18 cruise with our 3 1/3 year old son. We are also travelling with my MIL and another couple plus her mother with their 5 year old daughter. WE are getting together this weekend to discuss excursions. I can't wait!!!

See you there!

Maureen

Our TA said the docs have arrived at her "home office" and they are being forwarded to her (in Maine.) Then she'll mail them to me, in CA. Long way around the country. Is there a lot to do when we get them? We've already made arrangements for our excursions.

Just a few forms for each person. It will take a few minutes for each to complete. Contact information, signing the agreement, credit card charging... . Nothing major.

Tina :)

More of us here from DDL.

My cabinmates probably consider me to be about 8 mentally, but I don't think that counts in the kids' clubs.

It won't be long now!!!

We are soooo excited. Now that the Holidays are over I can try to focus on all the details of the cruise.

Myself 33 (turning 34 during the cruise), DH 33, and DD's 4 & 8 are counting the days until we leave. We are doing Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman, but haven't decided on other excursions yet.

The girls are very excited about the club / lab, and are looking forward to making some new friends. They got dressy dresses for Christmas to wear for formal night, and they can't wait to wear them. They also got snorkel gear from Santa, so we are heading off to the gym to try them out in the pool. DD 8yo is a pretty good swimmer, but I'm not so sure if the 4yo will actually snorkel.

Does anyone know if they have beach towels on board? If so, can you bring them on excursions with you?

Hi everyone on the 1/18 Magic sailing !! We will be on our 3rd Disney cruise w/ our 9 yr old grandson, Nick..his 1st. Newtodisney, I see you are also from Virginia. We are from Yorktown. We are also going on the Capt Marvin's tour. Nick is excited about the sting rays...GM and GD aren't too sure . We are members of DVC so as of 1/1/03 we are still waiting on our Docs. Also, you can buy very nice DCL beach towels in the ships gift shop, or you can use the ships ( but not as nice ).See everyone there...we'll be at the Radison the night before.:cool:

We also have reservations for Capt. Marvin's. We're taking the half-day 10-1pm snorkel trip. Looks like there will be a lot of us Disers at Capt. Marv's. NewtoDisney, my grandson turned 4 in October and we're not sure how he's going to do at snorkeling. He learned in the pool last summer but we're not sure how confident he'll be in the ocean and I think the sting rays might scare him. I was playing a game with him the other day pretending to snorkel through the house looking at all the fish in the ocean and he seemed to know I was trying to get him ready for the big time and he stoped playing with me. See ya soon!:D

This question is for any DVC members who are on the cruise. When will we receive our documents. Our friends traveling with us received theirs about 3 weeks ago. I called and they said something about our coming 12 days prior to the trip, but isn't that cutting it a little close? We are leaving out of New York on Friday, the 17th and staying at the Hyatt at the airport for the night. Does anyone know if there are any good restaurants either in the hotel or nearby? In the past we've left the same day and had to be up and out of the house by 5am, which meant practically no sleep the night before for me, as being the Mommy, I'm in charge of everyone!

I can't wait for the trip!

Maureen

We are bouncing off the wall waiting for this trip to finally be here....I can't wait 2 more weeks and we'll be sailing with MICKEY!! I'm such a big kid! I can't wait to see everyone on the ship on the 18th!! DD wanted to pack last night...still have a few things left to buy. :bounce: ready to go:bounce: ready to go:bounce:

Not sure why an older October post popped back up again but I caught it and wanted to add our groups info!

DW(35) DH (36) DD(11) DS(9.9999!) and our friends and their DD(12)

We did the Magic's eastern last feb and loved it so much we re-booked while on board. a little nervous about the virus police but other than that counting down the days with a smile and lots of disney music (compliments of the great cd purchased last year while on board) Anyone ever notice how very relaxing that wonderful music throughout the ship is? The CD's worth the investment!

See everyone on board!

We keep singing Living La Vida Mickey and Who Let the Dogs Out....do they bring back any Magical memories for anyone....

I'm a little nervous about the virus police also. My son takes meds for allergies, sometimes they upset his stomach. I'll have to keep a close eye on him - make sure he eats plenty of cheese and other constipating foods! ;)

It's taken me this long to finally post something, though I've been reading the boards for months. I finally got so excited I couldn't not say something!!!!

We too are going on Capt Marvins excursion. We are on the 10-1 snorkel trip. Myself, 35, husband, 38 and 2 sons, 4 & 7. I agree with the others that I am not sure my 4 year old will snorkel, but I'm sure he'll let us hold him and see the skates and he will just be so excited to be on the boat ride.

We are bringing a backpack and taking towels from the ship.

newtodisney are you going on the early excursion too?

lpursell, don't worry our son will be the one screaming louder than anyone else about going in the water, or being left on the boat.

Can't wait!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter