• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Joanne and Paul's VR - 4th May 2011

lovely update and photos Joanne! :goodvibes

Lol sometimes Steve will turn our tv on at home and find that the last channel 'someone' was watching was Disney Channel/Playhouse Disney :rolleyes1 - so your first picture made me laugh! :cutie:

It's a nice idea that you split into groups for dinners, it is hard going with a larger group sometimes as people want to do different things - but looks like your family found a great balance :thumbsup2 I'm looking forward to trying 1900 Park Fare one time for dinner one time, we've had two great breakfasts there but I'd like to meet the Stepsisters! I like the hidden mickey on the wall in your picture of Sanaa too :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

Oh I love the pictures with the ugly stepsisters! That looks like really good casting. And that picture of your mom at Coral Reef :laughing: You'd never guess she was in the happiest place on earth! I can't wait to see TTD!!

Yeah TTD time!

I love the pictures you've shared! I've never heard of TOTW as a place to watch wishes, what exactly is it? I haven't seen the monorail thread either, hopefully it has been deleted by now. I can't wait to see how the TTD photos came out, I'll bet they are beautiful! Your pics really make me want to take a trip to Disney soon, it looks like you all had a fabulous time.

Great pictures! It looks like you guys had such fun and I love the pics with the stepsisters! And I can't wait to see TTD pics!!

Emma sweetie - Sometimes men just don't understand do they?
I loved dinner at 1900. I intend to try Sanaa next trip as I missed it this time!!

Michelle sweetie - I think that the Sisters were excellently cast!!
I know!! I fear that WDW is my happy place but not so much my Mum's!!:rolleyes:

Claire sweetie - Yay!!

Sweet Jilian - Thank you!! Top of the World Lounge is the bar at the very top of the BLT. The views over the MK and of 'Wishes' is very similar to that of the 'California Grill'. Access is, at the moment, restricted to guests staying at BLT on DVC points (whether it will stay that way is a matter of debate, but it's looking good!!). We were extremely lucky and honoured that the on-duty CM (who we befriended, and was very sweet), allowed our 5 guests who were staying at AKV up to the Lounge with us as our guests. He had told us the previous evening that he had asked, and they would be allowed to join us as it was a special occasion. Yay for that bit of pixiedust because if our other guests had not been allowed admission, we would not have gone up there, and would have had to formulate a plan B!!
The infamous monorail thread is still there but all the trouble is, thankfully over!!
We really did have a great trip!!

Andrea sweetie - Thank you. TTD started in next post!!

I am loving your trip report! I also wanted to let you know that I heard you on the wedding podcast and you did great!!!! :thumbsup2 I wish I would have researched swan and dolphin weddings because they seem so amazing. I had no idea you could get so much for such a lower cost.

Oh dear, MILs lol. I know what you mean though and I am not even married yet!!! Really looking forward to seeing your TTD photos :)
Your podcast is downloaded ready for my journey home tonight!!!

Joanne I have been following but never seem to get around to posting. Love the new pics esp the ones with daisy/Donald and the ugly step sisters. (rarely ever seen them). I love how you say Mum, reminds me of my grandmother. I can't wait to see your TTD photos. I teased my daughter this week when she said she would like to have one, we told her she trashed her dress at the reception because she was a dancing all night and the dress took a beating, as I'm sure you could see in her photos. I am freaking out this week because there is a major hurricane on the way, and we leave Sunday!

I am loving your trip report! I also wanted to let you know that I heard you on the wedding podcast and you did great!!!! :thumbsup2 I wish I would have researched swan and dolphin weddings because they seem so amazing. I had no idea you could get so much for such a lower cost.

Oh dear, MILs lol. I know what you mean though and I am not even married yet!!! Really looking forward to seeing your TTD photos :)
Your podcast is downloaded ready for my journey home tonight!!!

Joanne I have been following but never seem to get around to posting. Love the new pics esp the ones with daisy/Donald and the ugly step sisters. (rarely ever seen them). I love how you say Mum, reminds me of my grandmother. I can't wait to see your TTD photos. I teased my daughter this week when she said she would like to have one, we told her she trashed her dress at the reception because she was a dancing all night and the dress took a beating, as I'm sure you could see in her photos. I am freaking out this week because there is a major hurricane on the way, and we leave Sunday!

Melissa sweetie - Aww thanks for your kind comments about the podcast. You are very sweet!!! I think that a lot of people do not realize the value of looking more closely at S/D weddings. Perhaps with the increasing number of S/D brides who are popping up lately, we can raise the profile somewhat!!

Emma sweetie - MILs don't you just love 'em!!! ;). Thanks for being brave enough to consider listening to the podcast!!

My sweet Mary - Lovely to hear from you again!! I remember your saying that your Grandmother was English!! I am sure Christy did enough of trashing the dress on the dancefloor!! She looked like she was having the time of her life.

It looks like you guys had a great time!! I love all of your pics! I don't think I ever mentioned on here that you're anniversary is on my birthday!! :thumbsup2 So I know it's a great day.

Other than the MIL, I'm glad the whole family had a such a wonderful trip together. There's really nothing that you can do with the MILs. Just ignore them. ;)

Today we were 'Trashing the Dress' with Randy at the Poly!!! I was very excited and was so looking forward to this session!!
My Mum was going to accompany us to the Poly to witness this spectacle as she still couldn't quite believe we would actually go through with it!!
Some of our guests had decided to go offsite to a shopping mall, whilst the rest of the family were going to WS at Epcot. We arranged to meet them there when we had finished our session.
I showered and put my hair up as best I could. Emily helped me with applying a natural looking bit of make-up. I had entertained the idea of having Patricia come back again and do my hair and make-up, but decided that because I wanted this set of photos to be less formal and more 'natural', I would manage myself (and save some money too!!). Paul decided for these beachy shots, he was going very casual in shorts and teeshirt!!!
We were to meet Randy in the Poly lobby at 10.00am. I put on my beloved dress again and had my Mum lace it up as tightly as possible, as I knew that the weight of the water would make an already heavy dress even heavier and drag it downwards!!! I chose to wear smaller sparkly earrings and a different bracelet for this session because I didn't want to risk loosing my VR earrings or bracelet in the water.
We caught a taxi to the Poly, and met Randy as planned, and made our way out to the beach area.
I have to say that Randy took over 600 shots during this session, and it has been a nightmare deciding which ones to share, but here goes nothing......

JP02595-9-11.jpg

JP02635-9-11.jpg

JP02695-9-11.jpg

JP02725-9-11.jpg

Randy suggested that we first took some shots up on Sunset Point. So off we went up there

JP04465-9-11-1.jpg

JP01025-9-11.jpg

JP01045-9-11.jpg

JP00885-9-11.jpg

JP04635-9-11.jpg

On the way down from SP, we took some shots on the grass and on the little stone path that SP brides use as their aisle

JP04315-9-11.jpg

JP05295-9-11.jpg

JP05015-9-11.jpg

JP05285-9-11.jpg

JP05315-9-11.jpg

We made our way down to the beach and played with one of the hammocks

JP03495-9-11.jpg

JP03775-9-11.jpg

JP03365-9-11.jpg

JP03145-9-11.jpg

Paul saw this as the ideal opportunity to be lazy!!

JP04015-9-11.jpg

Needless to say, I quickly remedied the situation!!!

JP04185-9-11.jpg

JP04205-9-11.jpg

JP04245-9-11.jpg

After Paul had picked himself up, Randy made it obvious that we could put if off no longer......we were going to get all sandy and we were going in the water!!!!!

Next up:- Sand and water

These pics are just adorable, I love the series of you kicking him out of the hammock!! I can't wait to see more!

Hi Joanne-

You guys look so cute! Make sure you keep having as much fun as you were having in these pics. Can't wait to see the rest!

Stacy

So excited for more TTD pics! Yet again another great podcast! My DF listened in as well and I was proud to inform him that we were listening to my friend Joanne :goodvibes

Joanne - what can I say except - wonderful, perfect, fun, inspirational, etc, etc, posts!!!! Sorry it took me a while to catch up...:rotfl2:

The dinner at Citricos, the top of the world longe pics, the fun days in the parks (minus the ticket headache), and the TTD session - just want to let you know how talented you are at writing about these special experiences and sharing them with us.....:lovestruc. As someone who's trying to put together my VR report - I am in awe of how easily you put it out there - the good, bad and MIL - LOL :laughing:

Beautiful pics from Randy for TTD - and love the ones of you dumping the hubby out of the hammock........

Thanks, thanks, thanks for letting us in on your once in a lifetime trip and VR:hug:

These pics are just adorable, I love the series of you kicking him out of the hammock!! I can't wait to see more!

The photos are absolutely amazing.

Corinna

Brilliant photos! Makes me want to go back and do a TTD session.

Great photos, especially of you pushing Paul out of the hammock :lmao: I can't wait to see the next set of shots :)

Hi Joanne-

You guys look so cute! Make sure you keep having as much fun as you were having in these pics. Can't wait to see the rest!

Stacy

Love these, Joanne! You guys look adorable! :goodvibes

that looks like fun!! i want to do that!!

Yeah for TTD!!

So excited for more TTD pics! Yet again another great podcast! My DF listened in as well and I was proud to inform him that we were listening to my friend Joanne :goodvibes

Joanne - what can I say except - wonderful, perfect, fun, inspirational, etc, etc, posts!!!! Sorry it took me a while to catch up...:rotfl2:

The dinner at Citricos, the top of the world longe pics, the fun days in the parks (minus the ticket headache), and the TTD session - just want to let you know how talented you are at writing about these special experiences and sharing them with us.....:lovestruc. As someone who's trying to put together my VR report - I am in awe of how easily you put it out there - the good, bad and MIL - LOL :laughing:

Beautiful pics from Randy for TTD - and love the ones of you dumping the hubby out of the hammock........

Thanks, thanks, thanks for letting us in on your once in a lifetime trip and VR:hug:

Michelle sweetie - Thank you!!! The dumping out of the hammock had to be done!

Corinna sweetie - Thanks hun!!

Claire sweetie - I say go back and do it!! ;)

Sweet Gertie - Thanks!! I like those shots too.

Stacy sweetie - Aww thanks!! We do a lot of laughing, Paul and I!!

Amy sweetie - Thank you!! Do you have any new plans formulated yet?

Deena sweetie - I say do it!!! It's seriously the most fun you can have in a wedding dress!!

Jilian sweetie - Yay!!!

Catherine sweetie - More TTD photos to come soon!!! Thank you (and your DF) for listening to my ramblings!!! I am very proud and honoured to be your friend too!!!

My sweet Monarabbit - What a lovely post!!! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!! I agree it is hard to write a PJ or TR. I am always worrying that I will bore people with my posts and photos!!! I am constantly delighted and humbled by the loyalty and friendship shown to me by my friends here on the boards!!! I am looking forward to hearing more about your beautiful special day!!

And you, gorgeous Jackie, are clearly the sweetest girl in the world!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter