• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jonette and Leif ~*~May 18,2006 Uk Rose Garden/ CG/ Ill. Lower French

ooo more please! you have a fun way of writing that is quite entertaining...and it's great that you can look back and laugh at stressful situations!

can't wait to read about the wedding day! :teeth:

Late but here…let the party begin….Seriously, the glass clinking thing is REALLY getting on my nerves! Can a woman use the BATHROOM in peace????

JL00225-18-06.jpg

JL00275-18-06.jpg

Pictures of before I got there!

JL00295-18-06.jpg

JL00195-18-06.jpg

Finally made it to the Rehearsal dinner and everyone is there. It was great to see everyone.

JL00875-18-06.jpg

My future-in-laws had hired a harpist and a flutist for the evening and Randy was there taking pictures. It was so nice to see him, knowing that tomorrow quite early I would spend even more time with him.

JL00395-18-06.jpg

JL00355-18-06.jpg

The kids even had a craft table!

JL01105-18-06.jpg

Here is a picture of the centerpieces.

JL00325-18-06.jpg

These were great in the fact that we reused some of the flowers several times. No one ever noticed. The candles were great in theory but not in practice. These were the candles that caused all kinds of drama between my future step-mother-in-law and Disney. Needless to say my Dad had them the whole time so they would not melt.

Fulton’s did not want to light these candles because it would get wax on the tablecloths. My future – step-mother-in-law made sure that they were lit at her table. In fact, at one table the candles started to fall apart and hit my dad in the head. Needless to say the candles were gone for the reception.

Right before the dinner Leif’s dad decided it would be fun to play the age old game “If you move too far from your intended, we are going to clink on those glasses and you had better rush back in order to kiss your bride/groom!” This was fine for about an hour, at some point it gets REALLY annoying. Especially when you finally have to go to the bathroom.

When I arrived there were cold and hot appetizers being served, and a soda and water bar out on the deck. Not many people were hanging out on the deck because it was so windy. The crab cakes were a big hit. I did not get to eat anything, and I really was not that hungry. All of the rushing around was not very relaxing to say the least.

JL00965-18-06.jpg

Leif, my dad, and Leif’s dad gave speeches at the dinner.

JL01265-18-06.jpg

Leif expressed how happy we were that everyone was here for our wedding even though Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, it was not the closest for a lot of our guests. This is true since we had family as far away as Vancouver come to the wedding. Leif also told the story of how we met. Sept 30th 2004 at the first Bush / Kerry debate. Little did we realize how politics would bring us together.

My dad told embarrassing stories as usual. Apparently in six months I have blocked it out. Woo hoo, that should cut down on my therapy bills. Quite honestly, I don’t remember much at all at what was said. I was slightly hungry and there were still miles to go before I slept.

Let’s be honest. You guys are wondering what we had to eat.

JL00075-18-06.jpg

What’s for dinner!

Soup

Fulton’s New England Clam Chowder
A Fulton’s Signature. New England style, rich white clam chowder – loaded with clams.

Fulton’s bread served warm with whipped butter.

Entrees (choices of the evening)

Garlic Chicken
Charcoal grilled breast of chicken served with wild mushroom demi glace, seasonal vegetables and Fulton’s rice

Gulf Shrimp
Charcoal grilled marinated gulf shrimp, served with white wine butter sauce, asparagus and Fulton’s rice.

Ribeye
Charcoal grilled ribeye steak served with demi glace, seasonal vegetables and garlic whipped potatoes.

Dessert

Key Lime Tart
A cookie crust filled with a not too tart, not too sweet Key lime custard topped with fresh whipping cream.

Sorry, all you get is the menu. I don’t think that anyone took pictures of the food. Leif had the chicken and I had the shrimp. I remember that the shrimp were very tasty!!

The event was winding down and I finally left to go back to the hotel. My dad and Kathy dropped me off. At this point I headed straight for the concierge lounge and grabbed two big glasses of Grand Mariner. One for me and one for Lisa F. I also brought back a plate with some cookies, fruit and a few diet cokes. They were so sweet, that they gave me a tray.

Lisa F. is a friend from Louisiana that I met on the Dis. I was so lucky to have met her. She is a wonderful person and a great confidant. It was about 10 pm when Lisa F. showed up. It was great to see her and finally get to catch up. We talked about the day and what had been going on and what was in store for tomorrow the big day. I finally took a bath at about 1 am. (The bathtubs in the garden suites are about as big as a double bed. Sorry, I don’t have a picture of that either!) I didn’t sleep well that night but was up early to take one more shower before Lisa Pena arrived at 5 am.

Next episode: “Sleep….sleep is for wussies, or when you are married!”

Thanks Summer-Caitlin...Most pictures are courtsey of Randy Chapman. I can't say enough good things about him!

Wow! I'm loving your trip report! This is probably the best one I've read. Sorry about all the drama, but it's making a great story!!! ;) Can't wait to read more! :sunny:

Oooh! Can we have a quick recap of how you met at the first Bush/Kerry debate? I love "how we met" stories, and yours sounds unique! :)

You've done a great job on your wedding report! I can't wait to read more! And you looked beautiful in your wedding gown! :bride:

::thud:: woo-hoo Jonette you're adding to the report yayyyyy

I wish I could have heard Leif's speech - he's so eloquent with his words and such a sweetie as well.

Fultons did you proud babe!!

I can't believe that everyone has just dropped over in shock. I am working on more, just need to upload all of the Randy pictures.

I just love it! Your pictures by Randy were SO GOOD!!! He captured some awesome memories!! :)

Subscribing!

I'm enjoying your wedding TR alot!!

One question though...I see alot of Randy's photo's here on the DIS....could someone tell me, is he a "Disney Photographer" or is he an outside photographer??

This is a great DFTW report! Thank you for posting! I have seen your responses to other threads with your gorgous wedding picture- now it is great to hear the story behind it!
Thanks again! :wave2:

I am so excited for you! As a new subscriber, I can't wait to read every single message on this board AND more of your trip report! Who says you need sleep? Didn't you say sleep is for wussies? (Or maybe for people planning a DFTW)? :)

I am glad that everyone is enjoying the slow to come recaps. The computer that I had most of my recaps on just blew a hard drive. I lost some items and I am trying to rebuild it. Stick with me I promise it gets better!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter