• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**July 2020**

Do I get to add myself? I am not staying on property but at our timeshare. Going with my twin teenagers July 6-12.

July Southwest flights finally came down for me today. If anyone else was holding out, you might want to check.
We ended up jumping on JetBlue fights for about $800 round trip for the 3 of us, but now they are about $50 cheaper each 😩. I wish I had waited.

ETA: we are going July 7-13 and staying at WL

Last edited:
July Southwest flights finally came down for me today. If anyone else was holding out, you might want to check.
We usually drive, especially with our boys bc we are only 6.5 hours away, so we will drive in July but I had been planning to drive for our adults only in April too because of flight prices and then they dropped Friday so I booked! $59 each way per person. I'm glad it ended up working out.

Purchased flights at $77 one way with travel credits. Its possible they may get cheaper, but I'm good with that price. Im seeing 50 dollar flights for this month and next, out of our city.

How are my fellow July buddies feeling about this virus? Any plans to move your trip further down the road? Keeping it as is?

I'm having a very hard time feeling excited about our trip with such a rain cloud over the whole world right now.

How are my fellow July buddies feeling about this virus? Any plans to move your trip further down the road? Keeping it as is?

I'm having a very hard time feeling excited about our trip with such a rain cloud over the whole world right now.

I just cancelled my solo July 4th weekend trip. Our big May blowout we were already postponing before the announcement was made, and that just made us feel better about it. I don't think we've nearly hit peak on this thing yet and even if the current social distancing recommendations work and the parks are open in July (April is a pipe dream, folks need to put down the pixie dust), the fact that they cancelled the CP and have let so many of the Epcot entertainers go make me think we are going to see a significantly scaled back operation. "Back to normal" may not happen for some time, and "normal" may look very different than the kind we're used to. We are in a wait and see mode now. Realistically I don't think we're going back until October, if not next year.

I’m keeping if for now. We have our flights booked. I’m a teacher and can’t take off unless it’s a school break or summer, so I can’t reschedule easily. I’m really hoping this is all under control by summer.

Also planning on keeping our plans unless forced to change. DH is a speech pathologist who works in schools, so we have the same scheduling restrictions as teachers. If July doesn't happen we're probably looking at Thanksgiving.

I get having a hard time feeling excited right now, though. I've kind of pulled back from planning, partly because I'm not sure if the trip will happen and partly because it just feels out of place in the context of the place we're in globally right now.

I know this is mega super selfish but I will be so sad if this continues into July. Our anniversary is July 9th, we have reservations for V&A. I have wanted to go since our tenth anniversary, and had to cancel the reservations for various reasons twice now - please don't let it be a third. :(

I know this is mega super selfish but I will be so sad if this continues into July. Our anniversary is July 9th, we have reservations for V&A. I have wanted to go since our tenth anniversary, and had to cancel the reservations for various reasons twice now - please don't let it be a third. :(
We will have a trip overlap! I hope we all get to go.

Even not just to go to Disney, but also I’d hate to see how much this economy would go to the ****ter if this lasted until July.

I'm on DME right now. We closed down MK last night. I don't know what July will bring... but we're still planning to make final payment on our July cruise at the end of the month.

Also planning on keeping our plans unless forced to change. DH is a speech pathologist who works in schools, so we have the same scheduling restrictions as teachers. If July doesn't happen we're probably looking at Thanksgiving.

I get having a hard time feeling excited right now, though. I've kind of pulled back from planning, partly because I'm not sure if the trip will happen and partly because it just feels out of place in the context of the place we're in globally right now.

Feeling the same way- waited a very long time to celebrate our anniversary trip in July. Feeling selfish in the grand scheme of things, but we all need a vacation and this has got to be on the downward by then! Just hoping for this thing to slow down and life to go back to normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter