• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**July 2020**

We are planning to go ahead with our trip for now, but will reschedule if absolutely necessary. Unfortunately though, with work, extra curricular schedules and school schedules, our only other open week for the year would be Thanksgiving week.

Looks like trump just said it may not be over until July or August! 😱. I’m debating about moving my trip until later in July or August. I guess I’ll have to see how it progresses as time passes though.

Our trip is still set for 7/9-7/12, still hoping to go.

I also have Disneyland trip planned for late August while I’m in Anaheim for Star Wars Celebration, and even that trip looks like it’s on shaky ground right now.

I'm hoping it will be all over in July less for my trip and more for all these doomy gloomy feelings.

I love Florida/the U.S. so much. I'm Canadian but it feels like my second home; hate not being able to visit :( ! But leaving a country with zero worries of health care to travel to another where I'll have to deal with insurance if I get sick at this point just doesn't make sense. I have a ton of insurance (work, credit card, DH's work, etc) but haven't even looked at the policies yet to see what is and isn't covered. If the threat subsides I'll 100% be travelling.

I rented DVC and I'm wondering when the best point is to approach the rental agency and ask if the option is there to reschedule. If it can't happen I guess I'll just look at the savings of renting DVC in prior years and cut my losses.

Last edited:

I'm hoping it will be all over in July less for my trip and more for all these doomy gloomy feelings.

I love Florida/the U.S. so much. I'm Canadian but love it there so much! But leaving a country with zero worries of health care to travel to another where I'll have to deal with insurance if I get sick at this point just doesn't make sense. I have a ton of insurance (work, credit card, DH's work, etc) but haven't even looked at the policies yet to see what is and isn't covered. If the threat subsides I'll 100% be travelling.

I rented DVC and I'm wondering when the best point is to approach the rental agency and ask if the option is there to reschedule. If it can't happen I guess I'll just look at the savings of renting DVC in prior years and cut my losses.
For sure! This is pretty terrible

For now, we’re keeping everything as is for our trip in July. We’ll be celebrating our anniversary as well and originally planned around our kids’ summer break. We have flights booked and lodging booked in Cape Canaveral prior to our week at the Poly. We also booked EMM. Ahh!

I sure hope all is settled and safe and okay for all of us visiting in July!

I will update roll call today. Thinking of Disney just makes me so sad lately I have avoided the DIS - but I am feeling optimistic July trips might be fine and I am ready to look forward to it again <3

Welcome to all the rescheduled people!
I hope it’s good in July. Not just for going to Disney but for the economy too.

My daughter made me sad today. She was like “you think we can see Mickey this year? I love Mickey!” 😭

I will update roll call today. Thinking of Disney just makes me so sad lately I have avoided the DIS - but I am feeling optimistic July trips might be fine and I am ready to look forward to it again <3

Welcome to all the rescheduled people!

I'm feeling the same way, especially because I am supposed to be in WDW this week. One bright spot for us is that we already had this July trip planned. Praying that this is all behind us by then.

@lauraingalls @Jacq7414 @Shir Kahn @JenM @wallawallakids
Added :welcome:

How are my fellow July buddies feeling about this virus? Any plans to move your trip further down the road? Keeping it as is?

I'm having a very hard time feeling excited about our trip with such a rain cloud over the whole world right now.
Agreed.

Looks like trump just said it may not be over until July or August! 😱. I’m debating about moving my trip until later in July or August. I guess I’ll have to see how it progresses as time passes though.
Even if it is not totally over, hopefully we will be on the recovery end of things by then.

I hope it’s good in July. Not just for going to Disney but for the economy too.

My daughter made me sad today. She was like “you think we can see Mickey this year? I love Mickey!” 😭
I feel like I have been nothing but a dream crusher lately. All I say is 'no' to seeing people or doing anything fun, explaining to my son graduation might not be the same as usual, that his birthday trip *might* have to get postponed. My middle girls had all their birthday plans postponed. Explaining to my dance obsessed 13 yo that there may not be a recital this year. And today I get to start distance learning (we have been keeping busy but I have been trying to keep it fun - more about exploring arts than academia - ya know since I have dream crusher guilt).

I am definitely following China to see how reopening everything goes.

I feel like I have been nothing but a dream crusher lately. All I say is 'no' to seeing people or doing anything fun, explaining to my son graduation might not be the same as usual, that his birthday trip *might* have to get postponed. Explaining to my dance obsessed 13 yo that there may not be a recital this year. And today I get to start distance learning (we have been keeping busy but I have been trying to keep it fun - more about exploring arts than academia - ya know since I have dream crusher guilt).

I am definitely following China to see how reopening everything goes.
I know. I teach high school seniors and my heart breaks for them. It’s so sad. And their posts on my google classroom make me want to cry when they are like “I never thought I’d miss AP calculus, but I do.” It’s a terrible way to end the year.

And I felt awful yesterday when my 3.5 year old wanted to play with the girls across the street and I told her no that she could just wave to them. She doesn’t understand why. She’s just like “I don’t like this coronavirus. It stinks!”

I am trying to remain positive, but I am so worried about senior prom and HS graduation for my DS. He is stressing about it and worried, which makes my heart ache for him. This July trip was to celebrate his graduation and 18th birthday, so I am trying to remain positive that it will still take place. We've been watching so many YouTube videos of the parks...just to try and make us smile. I even put on a 7 hour loop of the resort tv channel while I was cleaning to make it a little bit happier. :love:

I pray that all of the closings and social distancing will curtail the spread of this and that we can try to return to normal sooner rather than later. My husband works in a grocery store, so he has been working non-stop to keep up with the demand. Looking forward to returning to my normal "boring" life!

Another mom of a senior here. It is heartbreaking. DD cried for hours the first night once she learned that school was out until May which meant the school musical would be canceled. She kept saying how this was supposed to be a fun year. I feel so badly for all the kids who are missing out on sports/ competitions/ friends. It’s really such a difficult situation.

Someone sent me a meme about how the class of 2020 kids were born during 9/11 and how they will graduate during a pandemic but how it has shaped them into strong and companionate people. And that the world is proud of them. (And I just lost it! 😭).

To all of us who keep saying no, good job. It’s harder then ever to be a parent right now and to do whats right. We are trying to keep our kids, our parents and others in our community safe and I am thankful we are all in it together. We are all making steps towards getting life back to normal. And man, won’t we really appreciate life so much more once we can say yes? Walking down Main Street is going to be a sob fest beyond what it already usually is!! Stay safe friends!

And I felt awful yesterday when my 3.5 year old wanted to play with the girls across the street and I told her no that she could just wave to them. She doesn’t understand why. She’s just like “I don’t like this coronavirus. It stinks!”
It's so hard :(

Someone sent me a meme about how the class of 2020 kids were born during 9/11 and how they will graduate during a pandemic but how it has shaped them into strong and companionate people. And that the world is proud of them. (And I just lost it! 😭).

We are all making steps towards getting life back to normal. And man, won’t we really appreciate life so much more once we can say yes? Walking down Main Street is going to be a sob fest beyond what it already usually is!! Stay safe friends!
I was joking with one of my friends that these kids won't be entitled adults because nothing is promised, not even prom, graduation, or going out to dinner lol

And YES this trip will be incredible!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter