~JULY 8TH~ "Wonder"ing who's going?

Hi Disney again,
Welcome to our group. you will love the cruise. I am a native NY'er.
I noticed you are from Binghamton. I grew up on LI. Been in FL now 10 years.

If we get off the boat in Nassau it will be for a very short time and only to go to some of the Jewelry and cosmetic stores. No straw market, no water taxi, no paridise Island.

George,
I hope you are right and the boat is not that full. Every cruise I have been on has been filled to capacity. In fact last Oct. we did not get the FL res rate and that was the only saililng in Oct it wasn't offered. I was bummed. I don't like to pay full price for anything.

I like it hot too Florida minnie. Is it much hotter in the Bahama's in July than Oct. or about the same? Have you ever cruised in the fall? I remember Key West 10/03. It was like an oven. no air moving at all.

We are ready to go, 3 families/friends from Tampa are booked on the July 8th Wonder cruise. Some first timers and a lot of repeaters. Kids are excited and counting the days. Parents doing the same.

Hi Barb,
Welcome to our group. Did you get the Fl Res rates also? That is nice that you booked with a group of friends.

We are cruising RCCL with some family members and am looking forward to that. How old are the kids in your group?

Hi Maureen, Yes, took advantage of the FL Res. Special, originally wanted a 7 day, but rates are higher than in the past so we'll go shorter this year and hope for better next year. There are 3 families going, 1st- a couple and their DS11 & DD8, 2nd- my sister and her DS11 (he'll turn 12 the last day of the cruise) and her twins DS8, then me and my DS11 & DS8, lots of boys!!! I've cruised before but my kids haven't. Having been to Nassau before, I know there 's not much there for the kids, so we will plan an excursion to a beach or snorkel trip.

Also going to the DVC in Vero in June, great time there last year so going again. :wave:

We're with you too!

This will be a getaway for DW and myself (gotta love Grandma living close by!).

We had been looking at testing out Carnival but when they announced the FL res rate, we jumped on it. It will be our 4th DCL cruise and, if all goes as planned, the 2nd of 3 this year (3 day in Feb and 7 day with everyone coming up in September!).

We're looking at driving up from Ft Myers on Wednesday night and staying at Ron Jon - anyone else?

I guess it will be mostly Floridian's this cruise. Is anyone a native?:thewave:
tstobb.
We are only about an hour from the port so we will drive in the morning.

Can't wait to meet everyone.

Its good to see so many people going now. I was starting to worry that there may have been something wrong with the 8th of July, that I wasn't figuring out.

We took a test drive over to see what time we have to leave Orlando to make it. ( We actually were going to Canveral Seashore for the day) We want to be right there when they open the gates, so we are aiming for 10:15. I know we will have to wait, but that is almost as fun.

I will be carrying on a backpack, that will have the DIS Member Lime Green Pin on it, so if anyone sees it, stop by and say Hi!
Hopefully we will be close to the front of the line.

George

My daughter's a native, but I'm a transplant from up north. Hopefully it'll be a quiet cruise! I wonder why they are having a hard time filling this one up?

I think it's because it's the weekend following the July 4th Holiday.

I agree with you, everyone is just coming back after a long 4th weekend and so maybe it won't be as crowded. Is that good for us?? By the way, we are all natives of Florida going. Has anyone done any of the Nassau excursions before, just curious to see if there are some we shouldn't consider. Anyone have any thoughts on the drink cups for the kids, I've heard it's not worth it especially as they have other things to drink, just wanted to get an idea should we buy them or not? I'm assuming it's like the cups you can get at the hotels etc. 1 price and all you can drink? Some cruise lines just give the kids a card to wear and that gives them the free drinks but I guess with Disney it's an actual cup they have to hold on to?:confused:

The drink program is unlimited sodas for $15 for the 3 days and for an extra $5 you can get the mug otherwise it's just a sticker on your kttw card.
Soda is free at the sit-down restaurants so if you drink a lot of soda outside of dinner, it is worth it.
We haven't done any of the Nassau excursions but won't be getting off of the ship there. We've seen Atlantis and the straw market so we're planning on taking advantage of the rainforest while everyone else is off exploring!

I've snorkled in Nassau before and it was great! Not getting off the ship at all this time though!

We did Atlantis on our own. Not impressed at all for the $. If we do get off the boat it will be very brief.

Thanks Maureen, I'm looking forward to that drink! I can't believe we haven't heard from anyone else recently that will be joining us! :boat:

Just applied my final payment. It's official. We are going. I am so excited. :jumping1:

Thats great. We just paid our entire payment at booking.

Now we get to book excursions.

For those of you planning excursions, am I correct in that May 9 is the 60 day mark for booking? Is the excursion office open on Sundays? I want to make sure I get Para Sailing at CC.

George

NO they aren't open Sunday. You can e-mail them via DCL website or call Monday. No excursions here though.

Hi gang, made our final pay today, its a great feeling! I think that "anticipation" is part of the fun of planning a trip. Now I have to learn to be patient!

I actually think it will be here before we know it. The end of May and all of June are very busy for us it is just going to fly by. The cruise itself will be over pretty quick also since it is only a three day.

What time does everyone plan on getting to the port?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter