~JULY 8TH~ "Wonder"ing who's going?

I'm shooting for 10:30 or earlier if I can get my crew together, we'll be coming over from Tampa so I expect it must be about 2.5 hours for us, will have to map it out, of course there will be trouble getting thru rush hour traffic in town, I know we may have to wait a bit, but I want to get on the ship quickly and take advantage of the Disney experience, especially since this is our first Disney cruise

I am hoping to get there pretty early as well. DH doesn't understand why but I need to be one of the first people on the cruise ship. I don't even want to do ressies at PALOS this time but I do want to start our trip/celebration ASAP.

Barb, Do you live right in downtown Tampa?

I agree with you, I'm ready to celebrate and relax but it will go quick, I live in Odessa which is northwest of Tampa but still in Hillsborough county. about 20 miles NW of downtown. So we will have to go through the entire town to get to I-4 to head toward the port. Where are you?

Hi Barb,
I hate I/4 traffic. I live about 20-30 minutes Northeast of Orlando. On I/4 we are at exit 99 or 101 which I guess is about 100 miles away from you.

We make the Tampa run a lot. DH is a big baseball fan. So during spring training and when his team NYY are in town we go down that way. We are actually going to St. Pete Beach for Memorial weekend R&R and 3 Yankee baseball games.

We also have some family in Tampa, Palm Harbor, and Port Richey.

Too bad all of the 11 year olds in your group are boys. I have an 11 year old girl. My Son is 14.:flower: :flower2: :mickeybar

We have decided that we are going to leave our house in Winter Garden at 8:45am. We are 1 mile from the entrance and from the turnpike we change to the beeline and that should get us to the port at 10:05. I figure we would have to wait, but it should be a fun wait.

We also are not getting any Resservations. Everyone we have talked to though says we should get Palo, but we are just going to be relaxed. If I find myself by Wavebands and there isn't a long line, I may check and if it is available we will do it. But since we havn't been to any restaurant yet. We can't lose either way.

We have a weeklong vacation on Sanibel Island in June before the cruise, so time will fly for us as well.

George

OOH ! George, I love Sanibel/Captiva Islands. Florida is such a beautiful state. We also have several trips to go on before the cruise. We are also taking a RCCL cruise in October. This is the year of Vacations for us.

We are going to West Palm Beach for a week, back for 3 days then to St. Pete Beach Memorial Weekend. DD goes to NY for 2 weeks to stay with relatives DH flies up with her. I fly 2 weeks later to pick her up July 4h weekend and will spend a few days. Then while she is gone I take my DS to Washington DC where will will see the sights, catch a NYY baseball game and go to 6 flags Baltimore. I am also lucky I will see a close Uncle of mine and good friend while we are there. Then when I get back from NY we go on the cruise. Yes Yes yes.

:cool1:

Maureen, just realized you're in Lake Mary, had family that used to live there. Fond memories of Sanford zoo and lake/marina in Sanford that we would go to in the 60's/70's.
my son says your 11 year old can "hang with them even though she is a girl!!!" Boys...you gotta love em!

We are big baseball fans, go to several games, my 11 year old plays little league majors, broke his arm playing football, so he won't be back to baseball till the fall league. Cast has been on for 5 weeks and has 2 more weeks to go. Should be all okay by cruise time!

George - I'm wondering if I shouldn't leave even earlier than planned if you're going at 8:45 maybe I should plan on 7:30???
Love the Sanibel`area too!

We are taking our boat down to Boca Grande this weekend. Looking forward to getting some sun, need to start on that base tan for the cruise. Schools out in 3 weeks, 2 weeks later we are at the Disney Vero Beach resort for a week, that's a great R & R place, and then the cruise a month later. It sounds like everyone is trying to fill their calenders up. Hopefully we'll meet on the cruise, or since we're all hoping to get there early, maybe even while in line.:thewave:

We switched over to the Raddison and will be driving up on Wednesday night so we can get to the port as early as possible. When we went in February, traffic on 75 was a mess and it took almost 6 hours to get to the port. We missed out on Palo because of it so we're not going to take any chances this time!

We're hoping that they allow the CC jet ski excursion to be booked early but so far, it doesn't seem like it.

The shore excursion desk was open today (Sunday 5/9). I was able to reserve my Parasailing, and had my choice of times. We are parasailing at 10am.

We also reserved the Castaway Cay Getaway Package for us all.

The lady was extremely nice, and surprised since they were getting slammed for the Dolphin Encounter for the cruise.

ALSO: Happy Mothers day to all the Moms in this group.

George

Thanks, George,

And Yes Happy Mother's Day to all. It's a beautiul day!!!!

I got 4 #'s Wed's Lotto. I won $42.50. Just checked my ticket yesterday. I was getting excited. Thout I had the winner.

2 Months and counting. Bring it on.
:thewave:

Just back from Boca Grande, I'm exhausted, had great weather, lots of dolphins, and it was heaven. Just a prelude to July 8th.

Thanks George for the info on the ressies, I'm going to call today.

Hope all the Mom's had a great day yesterday.

Where has everybody been?

Went to IOA yesterday for a school field trip. Im exhausted. I need to go on a cruise to relax.

:thewave:

Hi Maureen, made ressies for Nassau, DS11 is going on the catamaran sail with others in our group, but DS8 not into snorkeling yet, so I'm taking him to Blue Lagoon beach day, thought about the dolphin encounter/swim, not sure??? We're going to bring our own snorkel equip. so the kids want to go out this weekend and get their's.

I'm starting my list of things to do between now and then (I checked and I think I need to get a better copy of my birth certificate, don't think they'll take the one I have , it's older than dirt.

Well have a great day, lets hope we hear from others

I am glad you are still here with me Barb. Good luck with the birth
certificate thing.

I can't believe the weekend is almost over. Yuk!!!

I start a new job this week.

Hi Maureen and others,
Good luck with the job, that's exciting and nerve racking at the same time. I know what you mean about the weekends, just too fast. Where are you staying for Memorial weekend?

Rethinking my drive that morning of the cruise, may book the Radisson for night before then get up and head over to the cruise terminal around 10, that way I don't stress over the drive Thurs. morn in all that rush hour traffic.

Hi Barb,
We are staying at Trade Winds Island Grand Resort. I have heard some good things about it. Lots to do there plus baseball.

The Radisson sounds like a good idea so you won't have to stress. I have no excuse though since we are only about 1 hour and if we take the toll road should be no traffic.

I am psyched, I have all these other trips on our agenda but am mostly looking forward to the cruise.

Are you 1st or 2nd dining? We have 2nd and waitlisted for the first. I imagine we will be on the same rotation since we have the older kids. Oddly enough we were table mates last year with other DIS'rs and the table next to some others that we knew from the year before. It's a small world.

Hey everyone,

We went over to Cocoa beach for the weekend. Had a great time.

On Saturday we ate at Grills and got to see the Disney Magic sail by. It was very pretty, and just raised our excitement level so much. The strange thing was the Carnival Glory went out right before her, and there was no one on deck. There were only maybe 5 verandahs that had someone on them, but the Magic was loaded on the decks. And then when we went back to our hotel, we watched the Magic sail out to sea.

We also saw the Wonder pull out last night. We were driving home, but did see her sailing.

George

George, that's a great little teaser for us, I've been on Carnival several times and think they are going downhill won't go on them again, but will try RCCL next year since the DCL 7 days will be out of California next summer.

Maureen, we have 2nd seating and are waitlisted as well. Trade Winds is really great, we stayed there 2 years ago, but kids still remember it, they loved the paddle boats, they were able to take them out themselves they loved the freedom. You will enjoy it there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter