June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

Leaving Saturday morning after my daughter's swim meet. So exciting. We'll be in the parks starting next Sunday morning.

What's everyone opinion of "Mickey's wheel of death" oh I mean Mickey's Fun Wheel lol?

My friend, my Godfather, and I went on it last time in a swinging one and we did ok except we were with a group that screamed the whole time.
I had no plans to go on again because the wait was long and I didn't want the potential of another screaming group but my friend's sister is going this time and insists on doing it lol.

What's everyone opinion of "Mickey's wheel of death" oh I mean Mickey's Fun Wheel lol?
I haven't decided yet. I thought it looked cool and fun. But then I saw there are sick bags in them? And I read about it being the "wheel of death", so I thought no. But then I also read it's not that bad, and it depends how badly the people in your carriage makes it swing. But then, there'll only be two of us, and we can't control the other people. So I don't know. If it has a short wait, maybe?

How many people do they put in each car? We've got 4 and we're planning to ride it. I'm not a big fan of heights, but for some reason regular Ferris wheels don't typically bother me. I would like to ride a stationary car once, just to view the park from that vantage point. I'm honestly not sure about the swinging cars. I've seen videos of people totally losing their minds on them, but to me it doesn't look too bad. I could see second guessing it though, if they're going to cram folks you do not know in the car. I don't have a problem with strangers, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy strangers losing their minds while locked in the same cage. :)

How many people do they put in each car? We've got 4 and we're planning to ride it. I'm not a big fan of heights, but for some reason regular Ferris wheels don't typically bother me. I would like to ride a stationary car once, just to view the park from that vantage point. I'm honestly not sure about the swinging cars. I've seen videos of people totally losing their minds on them, but to me it doesn't look too bad. I could see second guessing it though, if they're going to cram folks you do not know in the car. I don't have a problem with strangers, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy strangers losing their minds while locked in the same cage. :)

Ugh they crammed another 3 people in.
My friend and I were overweight (I've lost quite a lot of weight since then) and it was extremely uncomfortable to have 3 people on each side of the car.
My guess is that since the swinging cars tend to have a longer wait time even with 4 people they'd still try to cram in a couple more...

My daughter and I had our second and last day at Disneyland today. We had a great visit and got a lot done. Yesterday we hit things hard and were at DL 16 straight hours... but we rode 18 rides, saw Mickey and the Magical Map, the Main Street Electrical Parade, fireworks, watched the Dapper Dans, pin traded and more. For the rides we planned things out pretty well and our longest wait all day was about 15 minutes (and we waited that long just twice). This morning we hit rope drop and rode another five rides before our breakfast with Minnie at the Plaza Inn at 10:30. Then it was off to Fashion Island for the afternoon, so the teenager could do some *real* shopping. It was a great trip to Disneyland and now off to San Diego for the rest of the week!

I'm getting excited! We have 6 more sleeps until we leave (we're driving from the Salem, OR, area), and 8 sleeps until we are in the parks. I'm like 1/2 packed, and we have everything bought on the shopping list (kiddo needed several new outfits; growth spurts were brutal this last season!). 3.5 more days of work. I'm ready to get this show on the road!

I cleaned out (well, partially) one of our spare rooms (it has basically been a junk room for years) so that we have space to set out suitcases and vacation stuff. I set aside my son's shirts and shorts. And a few of my things. We leave in just over a week so I am way ahead of where I usually am for a vacation...ha!

Last year dd21 and I were put with 3 local high school kids.(2 girls and one boy). You are with these other people for a long time. Most of the ride is loading and unloading so you are just sitting there facing each other.

I got lucky they were friendly and I enjoyed asking lots of questions. Living in the LA area is so totally differnt than quiet upstate NY.

I'm glad I got to try it but will be fine if no one wants to do it this weekend. I loved loved CS and got lucky our first ride at DCA the man working let us stay in our front seat 3 rides in a row! That was magic! No one was in line and he kept asking all of "who wants to stay on?" So we all did !

Last year dd21 and I were put with 3 local high school kids.(2 girls and one boy). You are with these other people for a long time. Most of the ride is loading and unloading so you are just sitting there facing each other.

I got lucky they were friendly and I enjoyed asking lots of questions. Living in the LA area is so totally differnt than quiet upstate NY.

The prospect of being seated with strangers in itself doesn't bother me. We're a group of four that are all pretty outgoing, so I'm certain we could handle that part. My "concerns" would center around my wife being slightly claustrophobic in certain situations. The enclosed ride itself I don't think would bother her, being packed in there like sardines might. I'm also fairly certain the rest of us would not require the use of the tossed cookie bags, the prospect of being stuck with someone who does or someone who loses their mind on the ride would be a slight concern. Either way, I'm sure we can take a look at what they're doing to load at the time we're considering the ride and either try to wait for a quieter time or bypass as needed.

I realize there is no point in stressing and we will have fun regardless but there are many on some other threads getting me nervous about crowd levels last week of June. I did extensive research before picking that week and many told me it would be a good time to go as crowds start to pour in around July 4th holiday. Also Is it packed had it as one of the lowest crowd weeks of June. Many are now speculating that the last week will be insane because its the last week before some of the passes are blocked out. It is so hard to plan around crowds at Disneyland such a crap shoot and so much conflicting information.

I realize there is no point in stressing and we will have fun regardless but there are many on some other threads getting me nervous about crowd levels last week of June. I did extensive research before picking that week and many told me it would be a good time to go as crowds start to pour in around July 4th holiday. Also Is it packed had it as one of the lowest crowd weeks of June. Many are now speculating that the last week will be insane because its the last week before some of the passes are blocked out. It is so hard to plan around crowds at Disneyland such a crap shoot and so much conflicting information.

It's going to be crowded. That's just how it is and what should be expected.

I don't mind it being crowded I really don't. I'm good at navigating the crowds. I just don't want it insane where it actually makes headlines, prompts threads and makes the vacation disappointing.

I take most of what "they" are saying with a grain of salt. Most, from what I've seen, have been very surprised at the light crowds earlier in June. Some of those same surprised people are now predicting the crowd-pocalypse for late June. I'm sure it will be busy, but I personally planned on going during the busy time, for the best chance of seeing fireworks every night, shows on more frequent schedules and at least a hope that they're making an effort to have as many rides up as possible.

What I believe we have in our favor is July 4th will likely be a busier week. The simple fact they are getting things closer to opening in the back of the park will help crowd flow. I also think there's a fair number of folks hoping to catch the return of Fantasmic, the opening of the train (I kind of wish we had waited for that), etc.

I've done WDW in July and during a few spring breaks and the thing that's always worked for us, I hear works well at DLR as well. We'll be up first thing in the morning, hit the parks hard until around noon, grab a bite to eat, then head back to the hotel to rest for a few hours, so we can close down the parks at night. That process for the most part has been successful for us in the past, I expect no matter how crazy things go, this should work for this trip.

In the end, I'm hoping the crowd-pocalypse predictions are wrong, but I'm planning on them being right. :D

I don't mind it being crowded I really don't. I'm good at navigating the crowds. I just don't want it insane where it actually makes headlines, prompts threads and makes the vacation disappointing.
Not that is has any bearing to what will happen this year, but we went the last week of June last year and are going again this year... we found the crowds to be very manageable. Yes, it got busy (especially late afternoon/early evening) and some rides had crazy long waits. But we used our FPs well and didn't feel like we were completely "crowded out" (if that makes any sense).

We picked this same week for this year based on a really great trip last year. Now, we did the 5 day PH ticket, which maybe afforded us the ability to really take our time and to use early morning magic hours to it's full advantage. Your trip will be whatever you make of it. Hope you have a great time!

We went the last week in June 3 years ago and it was very nice crowd wise. However, it is so hard to predict because crowds change based on so many factors. Keep in mind the lowest level APs are already blocked, and people do have to work during the week. So expect the evenings to be more crowded, but mornings should be nice. And go on Saturday if possible as most APs (even non locals like me) are blocked on Saturdays.

Crowds in the afternoon have been pretty high. Mornings are better, but this morning, even CS was posting a 30-minute wait by 9:00. We still managed to ride GotG, TSMM, CS, RSR, and GRR (DD did the swings twice, as well) by 11:30 (we decided to break a little earlier because everything had a wait) and we have a late afternoon FP for GotG and an evening one for RSR for later, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter