June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

Crowds in the afternoon have been pretty high.

This is what I'm seeing today, too. DD and I didn't entered DL around 9:30 (we just flew in this morning). The waits have been higher than what I had been seeing on the app, so DD and I are taking a break (now that our room is ready) and getting ready to go for a swim. We are having an awesome time and still got lots done, though: JC, HM, PotC, Indy, lunch at Blue Bayou, Tea Cups, and Alice. We got Fastpasses for GRR for early evening, so well head back to the parks around 5:00.

Off to swim!

I don't know how early we'll be able to make it into the park each day. It depends on when my son wakes up. I am not about to wake him too early because then he will literally be awful all day. So we may not have much choice but to arrive later. So I guess we'll see how it goes. We originally planned to go in February but my husband got laid off last summer so we had to push the trip to June. Not ideal but it is what it is. I am still a bit nervous, for sure, though. Mainly because if it's too crowded for him to walk safely in crowds, he won't last long stuck in a stroller.

Just got back! Heavy crowds. If you want to go on GotG, either do it right when you get there or get a FP right away. Either way, the queues at rope drop are insane. Weather was great though! The kids had a blast. We didn't make it to MSEP this time as the kids were too tired, but saw the fireworks from our hotel, so it was all good. I can't believe it's over. I hope the rest of you who haven't left yet enjoy your trip. I'll be back next month with DH for D23, so no withdrawals yet, but after July, I'm sure I'll be missing Disneyland big time.

Can I fit in one of your suitcases to go back already even if it is super crowded?! What if in the next couple weeks the crowds show up but Tom Sawyer Island reopens?

IMG_7744.JPG

I need to go back to ride the train!

I would love the island to open before we get there but I don't see that happening. It would have been a nice place to let my son run around.

We leave in exactly one week. I hope my son is in a better mood that day than the one he's in today! Ha!

I realize there is no point in stressing and we will have fun regardless but there are many on some other threads getting me nervous about crowd levels last week of June. I did extensive research before picking that week and many told me it would be a good time to go as crowds start to pour in around July 4th holiday. Also Is it packed had it as one of the lowest crowd weeks of June. Many are now speculating that the last week will be insane because its the last week before some of the passes are blocked out. It is so hard to plan around crowds at Disneyland such a crap shoot and so much conflicting information.

I know how you feel! I picked that week because of crowd charts. I could've picked almost any week in June. Let's just hope it is a good week, be prepared it will be crowded, and remember, whatever it is we're still in Disneyland!

I've been checking the wait times for a few days now (we are there Mon-Wed next week) and today looks so good at DL! As of 11:30am, Peter Pan is only 30 minutes, 45 for Matterhorn, 25 for HM, 45 for Space! Now DCA is another story...65 for soarin, 90 for Grizzly, 75 for Guardians, 135 for RSR...

Kind of mad!! I am trying to bump up our trip by 1 day, since it works better for our dogsitter, and we're both off work that day before so it makes sense. Well, Hotels.com will not change our reservation!! Even though they say ''free cancellation'' they apparently don't mean it!! I booked a different hotel for our new 1st night thru them and I had to call to cancel our last night at our current hotel. And they won't do it!! They said the hotel needs to do it since they are booked, but apparently when she called the hotel, they wouldn't do it either. I'll be calling the hotel myself soon.
Not sure what to do since this is becoming a pain. was getting excited to be there a day sooner.

**update! After all this, a friend texts me and says she and her family are going a few days after us! So it was best that they wouldn't cancel my last day! I get to have time in Disneyland with a friend now. :)

Last edited:
Just picked up a couple cheap pairs of jean shorts from Walmart.
And I mean cheap! $7.88 each.
Now I feel better about my packing list and my wallet :)

I'm getting excited! We have 6 more sleeps until we leave (we're driving from the Salem, OR, area), and 8 sleeps until we are in the parks. I'm like 1/2 packed, and we have everything bought on the shopping list (kiddo needed several new outfits; growth spurts were brutal this last season!). 3.5 more days of work. I'm ready to get this show on the road!
We're leaving from OR too!

Just picked up a couple cheap pairs of jean shorts from Walmart.
And I mean cheap! $7.88 each.
Now I feel better about my packing list and my wallet :)
That's funny--my BFF just told me I need to get to Walmart to get some tank tops, because they are as soft as my leggings (Charlie's Project, adorable Disney-esque prints), "and so cheap!" $3.97! And soooooo soft!

That's funny--my BFF just told me I need to get to Walmart to get some tank tops, because they are as soft as my leggings (Charlie's Project, adorable Disney-esque prints), "and so cheap!" $3.97! And soooooo soft!

Lol I saw those and wanted them but then I tried them on...
They must be junior sizes because even the biggest size was extremely small and very fitted.
If you are an XS/S they'll probably work for you but if you're more like an L as I am nope lol.

Lol I saw those and wanted them but then I tried them on...
They must be junior sizes because even the biggest size was extremely small and very fitted.
If you are an XS/S they'll probably work for you but if you're more like an L as I am nope lol.
I'm a fairly solid L.... Just going to use them to layer, so hoping they will work. We had bought one for my DD13, and I had to sew her's up at the top of the straps, or it would have been completely inappropriate! Hoping it will work well for layering, or they may be my pajama tops :)

Nice. Which brand? I got some there but they were about twice that.

Faded Glory.
Beware though that that brand tens to run a bit small.
They aren't the greatest quality but for that price I don't need them to be.
I got Signature by Levi Strauss & Co women's modern shorts earlier in the year because I needed shorts for WDW and I had lost too much weight to wear my shorts from last summer. They were about $16 each.
I was going to purchase more of those but they no longer have them.
And this brand tends to run a bit big.

Since losing weight I'm generally about a size 12 but with Faded Glory I'm a size 14 and with Levi Strauss I'm size 10.

The ones I got were Levi Strauss (10's too...ha!) They are super stretchy, which I like. I have a couple pairs from previous years too. I wanted to try the 8's to see how they fit but I could literally only find 1 pair stuck on a random rack. I hope they get them back in stock sometime.

The ones I got were Levi Strauss (10's too...ha!) They are super stretchy, which I like. I have a couple pairs from previous years too. I wanted to try the 8's to see how they fit but I could literally only find 1 pair stuck on a random rack. I hope they get them back in stock sometime.

The 8's fit me but you could tell that they were just tight enough that I needed the 10's which are very comfy.
I tend to go for a slightly looser fit when standing because I don't want them to be too tight when sitting.
I absolutely cannot believe the lack of shorts options at Walmart this year.
There was only 1 rack of shorts in March. I grabbed 2 Levi Strauss because that's all they had in my size and I thought they'd be getting more in as summer came closer but now that rack is gone and there are only a couple racks with Riders by Lee and Faded glory was tossed in a pile on a shelf. I like to get my shorts from Walmart because they are so inexpensive but this year its such slim pickings. They have more jeans than shorts and more beach towels in the clothes section than swimwear!
Found the same at Target where I will often get swimsuits. There was ONE rack with ONE type of swim bottom and THREE types of swim tops in the plus size section (I'm size 12/14 in tops and I need the coverage and support that the straight sizes don't seem to offer at Target so I can't look at the many swimwear items in the regular section).
This is such a disappointing year from summer clothes in my opinion and when I can now fit into sizes I could not last summer!

I would love the island to open before we get there but I don't see that happening. It would have been a nice place to let my son run around.

Opens tomorrow!!! :banana:

DD and I have watched cast members busy on the island and rafts the last few days and asked one of them just moments ago and he confirmed the island opens tomorrow!!!

Seriously?! I saw July dates and didn't actually click the blog to read. Off to find it....

EEK!! I am so happy about this. Honestly, it's the only rivers of america thing I cared about since I think it may be a good place for my son to run around without insane crowds (if he can handle the crowded raft ride.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter