June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

So, a couple questions for those of you who've been to DLR. Looking at our tickets, they're plastic like a gift card. Is there any activation required or do we just show up and walk in? I'm also curious if they do anything to tie each card to each person. The reason I ask about that is we got 4 cards and 2 of them match. So do we have to worry about mixing up the two that are the same when we're getting fast passes?

Yes you just walk up to the gate and use them. When you enter on the first day they'll take your picture linking you to your ticket. They'll probably also have each person sign the back of their ticket. If they don't make sure you write names on them anyway so you can keep them straight.

Well I'm at work for the first of my last 3 shifts... I am not completely packed as planned. I did pull out all the clothes I might possibly want to wear. I laundered those that needed it and the rest are in a pile. I went through the pile and picked clothes for my first two days in the parks and put those into the packing cubes. I'll make sure I continue to do some packing and organizing before work for the next two days and hopefully I'll only have toiletries left on Friday. We leave Saturday morning - it's so close now!!!

Yes you just walk up to the gate and use them. When you enter on the first day they'll take your picture linking you to your ticket. They'll probably also have each person sign the back of their ticket. If they don't make sure you write names on them anyway so you can keep them straight.

Thanks. They don't appear to have anyplace to sign them on the back. I had already figured we'd put at least initials in Sharpee on the back. Funny that they didn't think to send 4 different cards, but it's probably a machine spitting them out.

Just bought 4 day park hopper tickets from LMTClub!

Also saw in the Maxpass thread that a CM told a guest June 22nd.
Hoping I can add that to my ticket...

I realized something today. We'll be in DLR the 26 and 27, and I really don't think MaxPass will be out by then, because that's just our luck.
In 2014, our first trip to WDW (since childhood), the Seven Dwarves ride was supposed to open before we went. It opened the week after.
Last year, again at WDW, Animal Kingdom was supposed to have the new evening stuff starting late April. We went in May, and it was pushed back to late June, IIRC.
So really, with our luck, I don't think we'll see MaxPass. Whoever is going after us has a better chance of it! I'm surprised GotG didn't get pushed back til after our trip :D

I realized something today. We'll be in DLR the 26 and 27, and I really don't think MaxPass will be out by then, because that's just our luck.
In 2014, our first trip to WDW (since childhood), the Seven Dwarves ride was supposed to open before we went. It opened the week after.
Last year, again at WDW, Animal Kingdom was supposed to have the new evening stuff starting late April. We went in May, and it was pushed back to late June, IIRC.
So really, with our luck, I don't think we'll see MaxPass. Whoever is going after us has a better chance of it! I'm surprised GotG didn't get pushed back til after our trip :D

I was really hoping for it this time. If it does come out June 22, it'll be our last day. I don't think it'd be worth it then :(

phew, My park days are 19 and 20 June, so hopefully I will just miss max pass. :)

we were at WDW during testing of FP+ and it really was not great experience. Year later it was smashing. I hope they don't start it this month!

We're in the parks from 19-23, so if true this will hit the end of our trip. I'm hoping we can knock enough out in the first 3 days that we will be ok rolling with whatever happens those last 2.

We are there for one day only, on the 25th (CA Adventure Park Only for the new GOTG)... I guess I will need to figure this out on the fly, not fun.

Our first day is the 24th, hoping for maxpass but was hoping it started earlier so I could read up on it. I read it starts earlier for guests who purchase Disney hotel packages??
Starting to feel like all my planning and research is disappearing before my eyes. What ride is first? Which fastpass to grab first? Which park what day?? My husband hates that I get all stressed out and panicked on vacation and I promised I wouldn't. Yet it's already starting. I want to be those people that just relax and go with the flow...
BTW, anyone know where I can get a mimosa to go at 7am in Downtown Disney?? :yay::ssst:

I read that another CM had on his schedule 6/15 for Maxpass. At least saves us money, will be done there right before then.

I read the 15th too. Blech. I doubt we'll use it because I don't care to spend $30 a day for 5 days. We don't do photopass.

I am excited that Big Thunder Trail will be open! Also happy that the trains are testing. Even if they aren't open, I love hearing them in the parks. It's so distinctly Disneyland.

Our first day is the 24th, hoping for maxpass but was hoping it started earlier so I could read up on it. I read it starts earlier for guests who purchase Disney hotel packages??
Starting to feel like all my planning and research is disappearing before my eyes. What ride is first? Which fastpass to grab first? Which park what day?? My husband hates that I get all stressed out and panicked on vacation and I promised I wouldn't. Yet it's already starting. I want to be those people that just relax and go with the flow...
BTW, anyone know where I can get a mimosa to go at 7am in Downtown Disney?? :yay::ssst:

I've been hoping it would either drop early or not happen before we arrive and we're in the parks the 25th through the 30th. That said, I'm not sure we have to worry about basic plans, fastpass order and such being affected. The way I see it, the biggest change is the reduced need to run across the park for a fastpass. Instead, if I opt to pay for maxxpass I can grab the new fastpass while in line, from across the park or even for the other park. It's not supposed to change the general rules for fastpass, so I personally can't see it significantly affecting fastpass functionality other than not having to walk as much. That said, we're all speculating at this point. We're even speculating that the latest go live times are accurate. If you ask me, continue with your plan and if maxxpass starts when we get there, THEN panic. :)

Ugh...June 22nd is our first day. I don't want to be there right when something new rolls out.

Ack!!! June 22nd is our first day in the parks! And I had just read the other day (Monday?) that CMs would be getting training this month with a projected start date of July 1st. MP would be $50 a day for my family and I could really find better uses for that money. I might have to suck it up and pay for one, maybe 2 days of it if I see that FP are going quicker as a result of MP.

On a much happier note, a DL guy I follow on Twitter reported earlier today that Big Thunder Trail reopens to guest traffic tomorrow (Thursday the 8th) and that the Disneyland RR will begin test runs *without guests* this weekend. Having the trail open will help ease congestion and fingers crossed that maybe, just maybe, the RR will be open for our trip in 2 weeks!!

Ack!!! June 22nd is our first day in the parks! And I had just read the other day (Monday?) that CMs would be getting training this month with a projected start date of July 1st. MP would be $50 a day for my family and I could really find better uses for that money. I might have to suck it up and pay for one, maybe 2 days of it if I see that FP are going quicker as a result of MP.

Meanwhile I'll be happy as a clam if it starts by June 22nd as I'll be there June 25th to July 2nd and I am more than willing to pay $10 per day for 4 days.

Meanwhile I'll be happy as a clam if it starts by June 22nd as I'll be there June 25th to July 2nd and I am more than willing to pay $10 per day for 4 days.

Maybe it can start on June 25th and then we'll both be happy? :D

Really, I'll be fine no matter when it starts. It won't make or break our trip. It does irk me a little bit that DL is charging for something that's free at WDW. It would be nice to hear first hand reports of how it's working in the parks before having to decide whether or not to purchase it, so that's a big reason I'd rather it not start while I'm already there.

Maybe it can start on June 25th and then we'll both be happy? :D

Really, I'll be fine no matter when it starts. It won't make or break our trip. It does irk me a little bit that DL is charging for something that's free at WDW. It would be nice to hear first hand reports of how it's working in the parks before having to decide whether or not to purchase it, so that's a big reason I'd rather it not start while I'm already there.

Ha I hope we can all be happy on our trips!

MP isn't really all that similar to FP+.
Also the reason its at an extra fee is because it includes photopass which personally I'm not really interested in but also because locals put up such a fuss about FP+ and magic bands that Disney decided to create something that will "work" for "everyone" so.. blame the locals lol just kidding. kind of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter