June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

Im in Ireland, summer temperatures are usually between 65 F to 70 F, 75 F is the hottest it gets and then only for a few days and the country literally stops as people cant cope with the heat. We dont have air con as standard in homes, shops buildings etc.

Waving - hi we are in Ireland too!

under 3 weeks wait for us. I can't wait

I managed to buy photo pass for a week. I will be doing some planning today - holiday day in Ireland and the weather is dull so perfect timing.

I will have a look at potential ADRs and plan for DCA park! Sort out summer clothes and see what shopping I need to do for DS.

8pm? So is it necessary to wait 45 minutes to see the parade? There's just no way my son will wait at all.

8pm? So is it necessary to wait 45 minutes to see the parade? There's just no way my son will wait at all.

if you want to see the parade and your son wont wait, you should look into the Dining Packages for the Main Street Electric Parade. That way you will have access to the special viewing areas. Although you still need to get to these areas at least 20 minutes or more before, as they fill up with everyone else on the dining package.

You do realise as well that average wait time for rides approx 45 minutes? If your son wont wait 45 minutes for a parade, are your prepared to wait that for rides?

Would he maybe be willing to go on It's a Small World while 1 of the adults waits in the spot? Then after the ride, perhaps a Mickey pretzel would keep him entertained for a little bit? Or a new glowing spinning toy? We've gotten to a spot at about 15 minutes before a parade, but it was pure stupid luck.

You do realise as well that average wait time for rides approx 45 minutes? If your son wont wait 45 minutes for a parade, are your prepared to wait that for rides?
She has a special needs 3 year old. I don't know any neuro-typical 3 year old that would do great in a 45-minute line, let alone one with her child's issues. And for what it's worth, we've done a 45-minute wait twice. It doesn't have to be 45-minute waits if you don't want them.

if you want to see the parade and your son wont wait, you should look into the Dining Packages for the Main Street Electric Parade. That way you will have access to the special viewing areas. Although you still need to get to these areas at least 20 minutes or more before, as they fill up with everyone else on the dining package.

If you are able to see my signature, I think it's fairly obvious by my 200+ visits to Disneyland that this isn't exactly my first rodeo...haha! We pretty much never wait in any lines over 30 minutes. I don't think an average wait time of 45 minutes is very accurate for most of the rides we plan to go on.

Also, my son has special needs and if he has trouble in lines, we will be getting a guest assistance pass (or whatever they are calling it these days) which will help immensely. Though we are hoping there will be enough to look at in lines that it won't be needed.

The parade isn't that important to us. Not even sure if my son will care about it so I don't plan to spend extra money on special seating for it. I'd rather just skip it completely.

Would he maybe be willing to go on It's a Small World while 1 of the adults waits in the spot? Then after the ride, perhaps a Mickey pretzel would keep him entertained for a little bit? Or a new glowing spinning toy? We've gotten to a spot at about 15 minutes before a parade, but it was pure stupid luck.

It's possible. But honestly, the parade isn't that big of deal to us. If we happen to wander by and see an opening, we'll check it out maybe. I'm not even sure how late we'll be in the parks. Last time, he was kind of 'over' it by evening so we went back to the hotel. We'll really have to just wing it most of the time. This trip is pretty much all of him so we are going to go with the flow and the pace he sets.

I haven't been paying much attention but I thought I read that people weren't allowed to line up very far in advance for parades now. But I never did see how long it was allowed.

It's possible. But honestly, the parade isn't that big of deal to us. If we happen to wander by and see an opening, we'll check it out maybe. I'm not even sure how late we'll be in the parks. Last time, he was kind of 'over' it by evening so we went back to the hotel. We'll really have to just wing it most of the time. This trip is pretty much all of him so we are going to go with the flow and the pace he sets.

I haven't been paying much attention but I thought I read that people weren't allowed to line up very far in advance for parades now. But I never did see how long it was allowed.

It will come down to crowds of course, but we got very lucky on our trip May 28. We were walking out of Disneyland and there was a large space in a great spot on Main Street close to Town Hall for watching the Soundsational Parade just as it started. A similar thing happened at DCA that night for the Pixar Play parade, my husband was walking with the two younger kids and there came the parade so he stopped and watched. Then as we were leaving for the night WOC was just starting and there was a ton of space in front of Ariel where guests could stand, so we watched for a few minutes. Crowds were lower than they'll be when we are there in a few weeks, but you never know, you could just happen by a spot. Personally I would try to see the Pixar Play parade with him if you wanted to see a parade. The route is so long that it is easy to find an open spot just minutes before it starts (or even while it's going) and the characters are more familiar. I plan on my mother and I holding a spot for the night parade in the Small World area while DH takes the little ones to run around Toon Town. They won't like waiting 45+ minutes either.

Leaving for CA in one week! Are all three pools now open at the Grand Californian Villas? Hot tubs? Any photos?

It will come down to crowds of course, but we got very lucky on our trip May 28. We were walking out of Disneyland and there was a large space in a great spot on Main Street close to Town Hall for watching the Soundsational Parade just as it started. A similar thing happened at DCA that night for the Pixar Play parade, my husband was walking with the two younger kids and there came the parade so he stopped and watched. Then as we were leaving for the night WOC was just starting and there was a ton of space in front of Ariel where guests could stand, so we watched for a few minutes. Crowds were lower than they'll be when we are there in a few weeks, but you never know, you could just happen by a spot. Personally I would try to see the Pixar Play parade with him if you wanted to see a parade. The route is so long that it is easy to find an open spot just minutes before it starts (or even while it's going) and the characters are more familiar. I plan on my mother and I holding a spot for the night parade in the Small World area while DH takes the little ones to run around Toon Town. They won't like waiting 45+ minutes either.

We watched part of the Play Parade back in 2015. Just happened to see an open spot when we were walking by. He seemed to like it. So it's definitely on the top of our list as far as parades go.

Ok I finally purchased new luggage for this trip!
$55 for a 24" hard shell from TJMaxx.
That is the size I like in soft sided luggage so I hope I'll find it to have enough room.
Now that I have luggage I'll start my "practice run" for packing to see how things best fit.

The rental car is also booked.

I still have to purchase tickets... not sure why I haven't yet lol.

Ok I finally purchased new luggage for this trip!
$55 for a 24" hard shell from TJMaxx.
That is the size I like in soft sided luggage so I hope I'll find it to have enough room.
Now that I have luggage I'll start my "practice run" for packing to see how things best fit.

The rental car is also booked.

I still have to purchase tickets... not sure why I haven't yet lol.

This being said... what's everyone's go to method for packing? Last time I did ziploc bags for each days outfit, but it took up quite a bit of room. I bought travel roll up bags (takes air out) for this trip hoping to cut down on space.

This being said... what's everyone's go to method for packing? Last time I did ziploc bags for each days outfit, but it took up quite a bit of room. I bought travel roll up bags (takes air out) for this trip hoping to cut down on space.

Amazon packing cubes.
Worked great for my last WDW trip this April.

I don't really have a method. We do use packing cubes though. I was always afraid to try the bags where you roll air out of because if TSA goes through your stuff, won't they let air in and have trouble getting everything closed back up?

If space is an issue, I roll my clothes. That's usually only for motorcycle trips, though. It's really an efficient way to get the most out of your space and if you do it right, there are minimal wrinkles.

For trips where I'm not worried about space, I just group together outfits, folded, mainly to make sure I don't forget socks and underwear for each day. For this trip, since we'll be driving to Vegas, then heading to Disneyland, our plan is to pack for Disney in larger bags that we won't even take out of the car on the trip out. We'll also take smaller bags for the trip out, then we'll leave those in Vegas (to make room for kids' stuff). We'll hit a big laundromat when we get back from Disney, to clean everything, then do it all again when we get home.

I never bother grouping things by day because I hang all my shirts up when I get there. I typically buy a bunch of cheap hangers at Target so there's enough for everything. I am one of those people who basically "moves in" to the hotel room since we're there for 8 nights. I think we are probably checking three larger suitcases. We will spread our clothes out between all three. That way if a bag gets lost or delayed...it isn't just ONE person with zero clothes. We'd all have clothes in each bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter