June 26 - July 3 on the Magic

I don't know how long Hercules has been on the ships. I just read today on another thread that they did add some things and change some lines and it made it seem "fresh" :)

Has anyone heard if we'll have any pre-4th of July celebrations? I thought fireworks would be neat somewhere.

I'm hoping we have some great fireworks on the Magic, 4th of July or not. The Nassau fireworks on the Wonder were amazing. Some of the best I've ever seen. We leave port late one night, maybe they'll have fireworks that night. They have to be done on a barge and not on the ship, I think that's why they did them as we left Nassau. Of course, I could be wrong.

DVCcruise
We also really enjoyed the fireworks on the wonder last year. We grabbed a pina colata and a couple of lounge chairs, sat back and enjoyed.

Hello All, We'll be on the cruise as well. It's our first family cruise, DW and I did a 4 day cruise years ago on the Big Red Boat. It'll be myself, DW, DD(13), DS(10), and DS(9). We have two connecting secret porthole rooms on deck 5 and we have early seating for dinner. we are planning on doing 3 days at Universal before the cruise and then a week at DisneyWorld after the cruise. I own a week at Marriott Grande Vista so we'll staying there. Talk to you all soon.

:wave: Harryo, glad to hear from you. It will be myself, DH, and GS (11). Our grandson LOVES the kids lab, I'm sure he will be meeting your boys in the lab.

Harryo, glad to hear from another family who's cruising with us. Our family will be close by in 5016. I know that my DS(9) would enjoy writing to your boys before the cruise. He'll spend most of his time in the Lab, I hope your kids will enjoy it also.

WOW, how did you get 2 secret porthole rooms? You must live a good life. We'll have to compare our portholes to see what the difference is. Again, glad to hear from you.

Welcome Harryo!

DVCcruise- I think you have a great idea about the kids writing to each other before the cruise. My DD did this before the last cruise, and had an instant friend. Both of my kids(one boy one girl) are 10 and would love to be pen pals with any of the kids sailing with us. If anyone is interested pm me, and we can exchange e-mail adresses.

I've sent the PM to start the children's contacts. Hopefully, some of them may start early friendships. There are lots of boys that are going to be in the Lab...I'm still short on some girls in the Club. We still have time.

We just signed up! This will be our 1st cruise experience ever and we're really looking forward to it. DS is 17 and DD is 13. It will be wonderful for the kids to be off on their own so DH & I can enjoy ourselves too, but I would love for my DD to make early buddy contacts so I'd feel safer. Someone let me know please how the kids are getting in touch! Also, any "first timer" advice will always be welcome!

Welcome Holly! This will be our second cruise. My one word of advice is to have money saved for when you want to rebook on board the ship! The Disney cruise is the best vacation we have ever had!! :D This is saying a lot since we are die hard WDW fans!

My DD is 10, so she might be too young for your DD. The kids have been getting in touch by pming their e-mail addresses to each other. My DS is making his first contact as I type. Look for something soon Jake and Clifton!

It's so good to hear from more and more cruisers. Welcome to HollyH. Your family will have such a good time. Looking for information on the other threads will get you more than ready for your cruise.

We're at home today because of snow, so I'm hoping to get Jake on the computer to write Josh back, if I can get him away from the TV. I don't think I can wait until June for vacation. I guess I'll have to!

:wave: Welcome Holly glad you found us.

DVCcruise
This is the second day in a row that they shut down the schools here because of the snow, ice etc. It's been real fun driving home in it everynight after work :( especialy since i have about an hour drive one way. Thinking of our cruise sure helps. :)

We have been out of school due to snow since Monday, and now they are off again tommorrow. The main roads are fine, it is just that the state of Virgina can't seem to plow the developments. After tommorrow we start going into vacation days:( If the state could get their acts together we wouldn't have to miss four days for 4 inches!!!! Can you tell I am a transplant from New York!?!?;)

DVCcruise- Josh is patiently waiting for Jake to respond. Samantha also wants to e-mail him. Will he care if a "girl" e-mails him?

S.C.- Do you know if Clifton is having problems with Josh's e-mail address? Samantha and Clifton keep e-mailing each other, and Clifton keeps asking about Josh, but Josh has sent several e-mails plus pictures. Let me know if there is an issue.

Lauren

Hey folks...

I got Jake to write a little. It's hard for him to figure out what to say. He wouldn't mind writing with Samantha also. Please give her the address. Maybe she could include a message to Katie, my DD (7). She'd like that. We'd also like to write with Clifton...can we get his address from you? I'm trying to get our cruise mates on the site, but no luck yet. They have a DD (10) and DS (8). I may see if she will write to Samantha. I love this site...I just need to convince them how great it is. Getting to know Samantha might do that. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Another snow day making us wish for June!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. We we're told by member Svcs we could begin boarding at 1:30pm. Do you recommend one of us takes the carry-ons to the rm and one of us heads for Guest Svcs to sign up for Palo's? Do teenagers (13 & 17) get the wrist bands too?

I would plan on boarding around 12, not 1:30. We want to arrive at the dock as soon as it opens. I only made spa reservations last time, but did so immediately. This time, we want to do Palo's, so I'm going to be in line early. I'm not sure, but I doubt the teens will have wrist bands. They wouldn't like that, it wouldn't be fasionable...LOL However, my children are young.

Does anyone know when we can book excursions? Have you done it on-line? I called the last time, so I was just checking.

Have a good weekend!

Good morning! I believe we can book excursions April 27th, it is whenever final payment is due by. I booked mine over the phone too last time.

HollyH.- We got to the port at 10:30 last time, there were 2 cars in front of us. By the time we all actually got into the building I would say there were at least 25 families in front of us. Don't know how that happened. We check-in at @ 11.00 and boarded at noon. We split up once inside to make ressies, and there were Palo times gone already:eek: I guess everyone ahead of us wanted the same day and time as we did. Then we all met at topsiders for lunch. My kids were the first ones in the pool because we had their suits in our carry-on. It was nice for them to be able to go down the slide over and over again. We were probably in our room at 2:30ish., and all of our luggage was there already. :D

DVCcruise- Are you doing Palo brunch or dinner? We are going to try brunch this time. We did dinner last time.

DVCCruise: I guess your right about the wrist bands for my teens. My DD (13) wouldn't care so much, I'm certain she'd color it to match her outfit :earsgirl: but my DS (17) would NOT appreciate it! What is the deal about pagers for them? At there age would they qualify for that?

DVCcruise & Lauren: Looks like I was given misinformation by member svcs about the 1:30 time frame. Exactly when does the dock open? We're staying for a few days at BWVs before the cruise so we'll be driving over from there and needing to park first.

I believe that is the "official" time, but in October, I can tell you there were plenty of people "in the know" about it opening earlier. We left the Raddison at 10 and waited a very little time before they opened the parking lot to get in. Once you get in they unload your car for you, and you go park and let the magic begin!!!! I would leave BWV by 9:30 the latest if you know where you are going. You will have to wait in line once you are inside, but you will be one of the earlier ones to board the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter