June 26 - July 3 on the Magic

DVCcruise

Mouseketeer
Thought I'd start a roll call and see what happens. I look forward to hearing from other cruisers...

I hope our family is not the only one on this cruise...Maybe this second note will get the ball rolling. Our family of 4 is anxiously awaiting our 2nd Disney cruise (our 1st 7 day). I am traveling with my DH, DS (9), and DD (7). I hope to hear from other cruisers very soon. I'm starting to think we'll be alone and that's no fun!

We will be on this cruise too! It is me, DS 10, DD 10, my mother, and friends who have a DS turning 6 on the cruise. This is our second cruise on the magic!!

Thank you so much for writing back....YIPPEEEE! I finally have another cruiser. Where did you go on your first Magic cruise? We chose this cruise by the date, not becasue it's Eastern. Do you have any suggestions on the islands?

Sorry I can't be of any help on the islands we sailed on the Western itinerary in October. We CAN NOT wait. It is going to be a looong 6 months. Did your kids spend a lot of time in the clubs? My DS spent more time there then his sister. We also found him in the arcade quite often:rolleyes:

Both of my kids loved the clubs (one in each). They would spend the entire time away from us, if we let them. I'll have one in the lab and one in the club. I wish they were together, drop off would be faster. Jake likes the arcade also. Did you let them check themselves in and out? I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to find him if he checked himself out. We'll have to see what we do this time.

We did let the kids check themselves in and out. We were VERY nervous about doing it. They turned 10 on Key West, and decided to let them. The rule was they had to check in and out together, and let us know by walkie- talkie where they were going next. If they were checking themselves out it was usually to just come find us, or go get ice cream. By day 2 the CM already knew what my DS wanted as toppings:rolleyes: . They felt very safe, and we felt safe letting them do it. Some kids on that ship were out of control though. Running all over, pressing all the buttons on ALL of the elevators etc. There was one boy who actually threw himself at the elevator(glass part) when we came to a stop.:eek:

DVCcruise
Glad you posted that you started a thread here about our cruise. :) I never looked on the cruise meets site before this is great.

Hi laurenk
We also will be on the june 26th cruise, Glad to meet ya. It will be DH, myself & GS (11) we sailed on the wonder last year.

Hi! Glad you found this thread!!!

So what deck is everyone on? We are deck 6 category 11. We also have main seating for dining. I would not make it for late seating. I am an early riser, but not a night owl.

I'm glad that you came over to write with us. We have late seating, it worked well for us on our 4 day cruise. We have trouble getting up in the mornings...I guess that makes me a night owl. We're staying on Deck 5 in a Cat 8. Not too far away. S. C., where will we find you?

I can hardly wait to cruise. It's about 0 degrees here tonight. School was canceled tomorrow because it'll be too cold for the kids at the bus stop in the morning. I've never been so cold in my life. I'll keep inside, stay warm, and dream of Disney.

Hi everyone!

Thanks Lauren for your pm!

We're in a cat. 6, sixth deck. Two staterooms...there's 3 teenagers and the two of us.

We have early seating...I'm with Lauren. I like to head out in the morning to enjoy the dockings and sunrises!

It's way too cold around here. -25º wind chills tonight :scared1: It's time to CRUISE!!!!

Hi Everyone
We are also on deck 6 cat. 6, we have late seating and are all pretty much night owls.

It is also cold here. Brrrrrrr it helps to think of the cruise.

Okay...I guess some of you are colder than I am, but I'm a transplanted southerner living in Rhode Island. I can't handle negative temperatures. I like a mid-40 degree winter. Disney in Feb. is sounding good. The pools are heated, aren't they? I don't think we'll need that in June.

we finally got rid of the kids so we are coming out on our own..this time its for us.. ..we have done the 3 day and the 4 day and so far havent sufered from seasickness,, i am going to push my luck and try the 7 day

neil and liz in a cold wet uk

Welcome Neil and Liz! You will love the 7 day cruise! It is very relaxing, and I can say that with 10 year old twins, so you know you will have an absolute wonderful time!!!

I think my kids would have a fit if we tried to go on DCL without them. There's so much for them to do in the Labs/Clubs, that it's a great vacation for us all. I don't even mind having them around. I definitely think it's the best family vacation anyone can take. We all had the best time. We'll be happy to share our kids with you if you get lonely! Just let us know.

Since my 3 kids are teens, I don't expect I'll be seeing them much, LOL!

I'm going to insist that they eat dinner with us, and I know that at least my DD will want to see the shows.

She's already excited about seeing Hercules again! She loved it the last time. We giggled through the whole thing.

Are there any comedians on the Magic?

There are comedians on the Magic, but I couldn't tell you their names. They were pretty darn funny though. They were in the Family Variety show thing, then later at night they performed in Rockin Bar D where the comedy was geared towards adults only. For that I stayed up past my bedtime. One thing I did miss were the midnight dessert buffet, and the spread on deck at Mexicali night. It was just too late for me:( I am going to make a point of going this time though::yes::

Originally posted by Pappy
we finally got rid of the kids so we are coming out on our own..this time its for us.. ..we have done the 3 day and the 4 day and so far havent sufered from seasickness,, i am going to push my luck and try the 7 day

neil and liz in a cold wet uk
:wave: Neil and Liz
This will be our 4th cruise, 2nd disney cruise. We cruised on carnival 4 day and 7 day. on the 7 day was rough waters for the first day and a half, now we know how a baby feels to get rocked to sleep. We were lucky and never got sea sick.

I hope we won't have rough seas in June. I did take dramamine every day on our 4 day cruise in July. I never felt bad, but I wasn't taking any chances!

How long has Hercules been the show on DCL? It sounds like they never change the shows. That surprises me with so many repeat cruisers. We all enjoyed it, so I know we'll go see it again. We look forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter