Just a few questions

kasar

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone! Just wanted to say how much I love these boards - what a great planning tool! I have a few questions about our cruise on Dec. 26:

1. Can the kids use Disney Dollars onboard?
2. Do walkie-talkies work on the ship?
3. How can I get one of those cool countdown-to-cruise things? (Sorry, don't know what they're called)
4. Is the dolphin excursion worth the $$$?

Thanks to all. We'd love to hear from anyone on our cruise!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:
Caryn, Rich, Kate (9), Sarah (8)

Wonder - 2/02
Wonder - 12/02 (lucky us!)

You will not be able to use Disney Dollars on the ship, except for at Guest Services where you can put money down on your account, i believe.

I did see some folks a couple of weeks ago, and they were using those walkie talkie things, and they seemed to be working ok...

Yes, you can use the 2-way radio/walkie-talkies on board. If you have not already bought them, however, let me give you one piece of advice...buy the kind with the 38 sub-channels.

All of the radios come with 14 regular channels but without those sub-channels you will hear everyone else on that particular channel. We used to have the 14-channel variety but found they were useless because of all of the other users you could hear. Now we have 2 sets with the 38 sub-channels and have never heard anyone else.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by kasar
2. Do walkie-talkies work on the ship?

W have used the walkie-talkies on board with great success. I strongly suggest you get the kind with sub channels, to avoid inerference.

To get a countdown thingy go to the Technical Board and they have instructions listed under frequently asked questions. Read the directions carefully. If I can do it you can too:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter