Just Back- GAD Fast Pass info

Well I guess we will have to miss TSM too:headache:. Our flight arrives at 4:30p we have dinner at 7p Cape May and then plan on MK for EMH's pm.:dance3:

Does everyone in your party have to be present to obtain the FP's? We have a party of 6, but more than likely we will be separated for most of the day. Hoping to use them on Aug 29th when TSM reopens.

Does everyone in your party have to be present to obtain the FP's? We have a party of 6, but more than likely we will be separated for most of the day. Hoping to use them on Aug 29th when TSM reopens.

In general, everyone must be present with their park tickets when the person with the GAD voucher redeems it for the Fastpass Exchange Cards. The tickets will be verified.

After you get the cards, you can use them how you please...

Yes, it will close for refurb from Aug 16 to Aug 28th. It has been anounced and talked about for a couple of months now. We are in the same boat...and I am quite disappointed I will not be able to GAD fastpass TSM late int he afternoon after all the fast passes have been handed out. But I am not changing my one TSM day to that sunday....we have ADR's already set...and we don't want out two MK days back to back thursday and friday...so we'll just have to miss TSM this trip.

FWIW you would be able to get GAD FP for TSM late in the afternoon and up until closing time, they keep a machine open for GAD FP ONLY after all the regulars are exhausted, if the maching is covered for any reason you can see a CM at the FP line or go to guest relations and get a FP.

FWIW you would be able to get GAD FP for TSM late in the afternoon and up until closing time, they keep a machine open for GAD FP ONLY after all the regulars are exhausted, if the maching is covered for any reason you can see a CM at the FP line or go to guest relations and get a FP.

Thanks! I'm so glad that we are going to get to ride this before it goes down! Three times too! :banana::banana::banana::yay:

In general, everyone must be present with their park tickets when the person with the GAD voucher redeems it for the Fastpass Exchange Cards. The tickets will be verified.

After you get the cards, you can use them how you please...

So that I understand, everyone in the group goes to the window while the one with the GAD verifies their identity. Then the CM needs to check the park tickets of each individual in the group?

If so, it seems we should allow some extra time!

So that I understand, everyone in the group goes to the window while the one with the GAD verifies their identity. Then the CM needs to check the park tickets of each individual in the group?

If so, it seems we should allow some extra time!

It doesn't take all that long, they just need to scan each ticket to verify that there is a day available on them and assign a FPXC to it. Only the person with the voucher is required to have a multi-day ticket with at least one valid day left. Others can have just 1-day tickets.

Sorry - what is a FPXC?

When all is done everyone has a "card" that they use in GAD FP machines to collect FP for that particular ride?

We were at Disneyland last March and they did it totally differently. We went to TownHall, told them how many were in our group(everyone was there but off to the side) and they gave us a voucher to go to a ticket booth next door.

At the ticket booth the CM printed out 2 'strips' of tickets - each strip had 6 tickets marked with the name of the ride of redemption (sounds like a new WDW ride huh?)- for each of us. We then presented a ticket at the FP entry (or main entry when it wasn't a normal FP ride) and that was it.

Actually, since there were only 5 of us, we asked a young man behind us if he wanted to be 'part of our family' for the day. He grinned and said 'sure' and we were able to collect 6 sets of 6 FP giving him a full set to enjoy!

Wonder if we could do that at WDW since there will only be 2 in our group?

Sorry - what is a FPXC?

Fastpass eXchange Card

When all is done everyone has a "card" that they use in GAD FP machines to collect FP for that particular ride?

Correct.

Actually, since there were only 5 of us, we asked a young man behind us if he wanted to be 'part of our family' for the day. He grinned and said 'sure' and we were able to collect 6 sets of 6 FP giving him a full set to enjoy!

Wonder if we could do that at WDW since there will only be 2 in our group?

Yes.

It doesn't take all that long, they just need to scan each ticket to verify that there is a day available on them and assign a FPXC to it. Only the person with the voucher is required to have a multi-day ticket with at least one valid day left. Others can have just 1-day tickets.

One more thing - since you seem well informed thank you ;) - do you know FOR SURE if someone has booked a Premium Plan and attached their park passes to it, is there a way to request 'early tickets' the day before?

We arrive the day before our package and want to be able to go to Epcot that night. When I booked I was told there would be no problem. Now I am being told there is no way since the tickets are 'locked onto the package' and there is NO access to them before the actual check-in under that package.

Really don't HAVE to go to a park, but bought 8-day passes based on assumption that we could. If we don't get them until day 2 we will be paying for a day we can't use. Yes, it is only $6 or so, but HEY - that could by a snack or two, right?

One more thing - since you seem well informed thank you ;) - do you know FOR SURE if someone has booked a Premium Plan and attached their park passes to it, is there a way to request 'early tickets' the day before?

We arrive the day before our package and want to be able to go to Epcot that night. When I booked I was told there would be no problem. Now I am being told there is no way since the tickets are 'locked onto the package' and there is NO access to them before the actual check-in under that package.

Really don't HAVE to go to a park, but bought 8-day passes based on assumption that we could. If we don't get them until day 2 we will be paying for a day we can't use. Yes, it is only $6 or so, but HEY - that could by a snack or two, right?

By "premium plan" are you talking about dining?

CF can answer that for sure...but as far as I understand dining plans do NOT affect the ability to get the tickets early. In fact I'm not aware of ANYTHING that would preclude you getting the park tickets early.

You can't get access to your dining credits early, however.

Take anything you get for an answer from the people on the phone with a grain of salt. They are getting a VERY bad reputation around here for their inaccuracy.

I just told DH that TSM is going to be closed during our visit. We get in on the 15th and are doing MK and CRT that night. He is REALLY upset. The funny thing is we have had year passes to Disneyland for 2 years now and must have ridden it there 15 times or more in the past 2 years....but apparently his heart will alway belong to WDW....:confused3

By "premium plan" are you talking about dining?

CF can answer that for sure...but as far as I understand dining plans do NOT affect the ability to get the tickets early. In fact I'm not aware of ANYTHING that would preclude you getting the park tickets early. You can't get access to your dining credits early, however.

Premium Plan includes 3 meals of any type (signature,TS,QS) plus La Nouba, Cirque, golf, and all the tours & water sports you can do within the dates of the package.

Take anything you get for an answer from the people on the phone with a grain of salt. They are getting a VERY bad reputation around here for their inaccuracy.

I absolutely agree and it seems to be getting worse!

With Star Tours being closed in September, do you know if DS will be adding any other choices to the GAD FP rides?

With Star Tours being closed in September, do you know if DS will be adding any other choices to the GAD FP rides?

There isn't much to add. Everything except Indy is already on the list. Even LMA, which has used FP maybe twice in the past three years. And Indy doesn't use it much either.

Are ToT, RnR and TSM all Donald rides or are any of them Daisy?

These are the only ones we would use - and even then we don't do RnR much, but LOVE Tot & TSM.

Are ToT, RnR and TSM all Donald rides or are any of them Daisy?

These are the only ones we would use - and even then we don't do RnR much, but LOVE Tot & TSM.

All three are the Donald rides for DHS.

FYI - just spoke to someone in the WDW Executive offices. Was able to confirm that YES, early ticket pick-up is allowed (even with Premium pkg) but only at Guest Services in any theme park. Go to the ticket booth to say you are there for early ticket pick-up as part of a Premium pkg and they will direct you from there.

So - NOW I AM A HAPPY CAMPER!!! :banana:

Thanks to all for your assistance.:hug:

There isn't much to add. Everything except Indy is already on the list. Even LMA, which has used FP maybe twice in the past three years. And Indy doesn't use it much either.

Also with the promotion ending in Mid December I don't see any major changes coming with just a few months left in the program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter