Just Back- Pixie Dust from Cast Members

Narawen

Mouseketeer
We just returned this Saturday Nov 1 from a week at WDW. This was our first trip since MM+ was fully implemented and I was a bit nervous about the Magic Bands and FP+ situation. While the new system could use some improvements, overall everything worked well for us. We spent 2 days at MK (including 1 MNSSHP), 2 days at EPCOT, and 1 day at DHS. We were able to get all the sought after FP+s for A+E, 7DMT, BOG lunch; having two days at some parks definitely helped with this. We were able to do everything at MNSSHP that I wanted to do, although we missed the "mingle" after the villains stage show, as well as the princes meeting.

However, my reason for posting is to rave about some special pixie dust we received at MNSSHP. Our traveling party was made up of me, 24, and my DM, mid-40s. Both kids at heart who love Disney for the attractions, food, characters, and atmosphere. When meeting characters, we enjoy watching the little kids meet them before us, and like meeting them ourselves, but generally don't expect anything special for two grown women. We try to coordinate MNSSHP costumes with characters we'll be meeting. A few years ago, I was a Mr(Ms.) Smee while mom was a generic pirate and we had a lot of fun with Capt. Jack and Capt. Hook. This year, we thought we would honor Robin Williams and dress in his tourist outfit from Back to Neverland/the Genie's tourist outfit from the end of Aladdin. Of course, Genie was added to our M&G list for the party.

Early in the party, we met Aladdin and Abu in their meet and greet area. Aladdin instantly got our costumes and commented about them as he was signing our book. It was the beginning of the set, so we were told Jasmine/Genie wouldn't be out for 30-40 minutes. We went on to the rest of the party and decided we'd come back later. When we came back for the second time, we could see Jasmine and Genie through the window, but when the door to the M&G area was opened, it was just Aladdin and Abu again. They saw us through the door as we sighed and got out of line, agreeing to come back later. When we returned for a third time after the second parade, this was the only thing left on our list for the night. The handler told us it would be 30-40 minutes for Jasmine and the Genie, so we sat down to wait. She was a bit surprised we were waiting, but we knew we had to meet Genie and we stayed. There were maybe 6-8 people waiting outside the M&G room. Eventually, Aladdin and Abu wandered out because they had no guests and the small group outside were all waiting for Jasmine and the Genie. We chatted with Aladdin for a bit, watched him and Abu play with the kids around, then they went in to meet some other guests and the doors closed for the switch. We stood up, first in line, and waited.

The door cracked open and mom and I were told for just the two of us to step in. We were confused as Aladdin and Abu were still in the room but they told us they had a surprise and made us stand on the carpet and hold the magic lamp prop, close our eyes, and make a wish. We have several awkward photopass pictures of us holding the lamp, eyes scrunched shut, giggling, because it seemed like forever until we were told to open out eyes. When we did, of course Genie was there, as well as Jasmine. We got to take fabulous photos, dance a bit with Genie as "Friend Like Me" came on the sound system, and Aladdin suggested we re-create the big group hug photo in my autograph book with the Genie. We spent several minutes in there with all 4 of them before leaving. I'm still not sure if the photopass person, the character handler who'd seen us 3 times that night, some other management, or Aladdin himself made that happen, but we are SO grateful and excited that such a special opportunity was given to two adults at WDW. Makes me so excited to go back and visit again. This is what Disney's all about.

_DSC0192_zpsa3111572.jpg

Oh I love. love. LOVE THIS!!! I am so thrilled you got such fantastic pixie dust on your trip, what a fab photo too! :goodvibes

This is so awesome to hear! pixiedust: I love that they did this for adults and not kids :goodvibes Not that kids aren't deserving lol, I have some, but adults should get pixie dust, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter