Justine & Adam 4-21-12 SBP/LSS/SCP--Updated 9/30

GREAT sneak peeks! :thumbsup2 :love: I feel the same way about being home now, but we don't regret it one bit :goodvibes I'm so glad i got to meet u in person... it is so nice to put faces with the stories we read.. U ROCKED that DRESS :lovestruc

You look so beautiful, Justine! I can't believe that fireworks picture! :lovestruc
Can't wait to read allllll about it! Congrats!

Justine,

Welcome Home!

That sneak peak is seriously amazing!! You looked gorgeous and Adam was quite handsome. Can't wait to read all about your trip. I hope that it was everything you wanted it to be.

Wow, your pictures are WONDERFUL!!! You looked so beautiful!!!

I think you got some really terrific MK and Epcot pics...I think my favorites are the ones where it looks like you are dancing inside the tank at the Coral Reef...very cool! I also love the Morocco night shots. Oh, and the Canada pictures with all the flowers...just gorgeous!!

You both look so happy and like you were having so much fun!!!

Congratuations and good luck on the house hunt!

Brooke

Justine,

Just took another look at your photos and they are absolutely amazing! What a great wedding you had.

Can't wait to hear all the details.

U looked AMAZING on your wedding day!! :love: I am so happy that i got 2 meet u in person :goodvibes I love your photos :lovestruc

Beautiful pics. Can't wait to see more and hear how the wedding went.

thank you!

Justine,

Welcome Home!

That sneak peak is seriously amazing!! You looked gorgeous and Adam was quite handsome. Can't wait to read all about your trip. I hope that it was everything you wanted it to be.

It really did turn out fantastic!!!

Wow, your pictures are WONDERFUL!!! You looked so beautiful!!!

I think you got some really terrific MK and Epcot pics...I think my favorites are the ones where it looks like you are dancing inside the tank at the Coral Reef...very cool! I also love the Morocco night shots. Oh, and the Canada pictures with all the flowers...just gorgeous!!

You both look so happy and like you were having so much fun!!!

Congratuations and good luck on the house hunt!

Brooke

I like the tank shots too! We were super happy with the way they all turned out. It will be hard to pick the ones we one to frame and put up.

Justine,

Just took another look at your photos and they are absolutely amazing! What a great wedding you had.

Can't wait to hear all the details.

I promise to start my TR today or tomorrow!!

U looked AMAZING on your wedding day!! :love: I am so happy that i got 2 meet u in person :goodvibes I love your photos :lovestruc

It was so awesome to meet you too!!! And your day looked absolutely awesome!!!!

Wow! Congratulations your photos are just beautiful! Thankyou for sharing them with us all here.

I know how much I looked for example photos from Disney when I was planning, especially seeing an entire wedding so I am happy to share!!

I WILL start my TR today or tomorrow. We put in an a back up offer on our house that we all thought would go through, but the first buyers were able to remove their contingency (that they sell their house first) somehow so we lost out!! It was a bummer, but we are looking at more houses today...in an hour actually. I made muffins for breakfast and they smell soooooooooo good! Be back soon............

Ok Day 1, Tues. April 17! We were all ready and packed :

IMG_2483.jpg

Gabby hiding:
IMG_2487.jpg

My parents and Granny came over on Monday and spent the evening at our house so we could all motivate more easily to make it to the airport the following morning. Our house is only 10 minutes or so from the local airport. My parents went a ran some errands and Adam, my Granny and I went out to dinner at Applebees. It was fun and it we had a good time talking to my Granny about how excited she was. This was going to be her second time on an airplane in 84 years! We went to sleep (somehow I managed to sleep pretty well) and everyone but my dad woke up fairly early. My mom and I dropped our 3 dogs and their 2 dogs off at Dog Party (daycare/boarding) around 7 am. We came back and my dad was STILL asleep so I proceeded to wake him and he moved pretty quickly after that.

When we were all ready we loaded up. Adam and I road with his parents and my parents and Granny went together. It has also been a long time since my parents had flown anywhere so we made sure we had plenty of time to get everyone checked in, etc. Somehow I made up to security and although I had managed to single-handedly check in 5 people and their luggage it was me that lost her boarding pass—of course! So I head back down to the counter, and right about that time I locate my pass which I had shoved in a pocket. So back up to security, we all make it through and head to the terminal to wait. They recently added a new concourse to the NW Arkansas airport and it is really nice; it’s also home to Arkansas’s first moving walkway…I know you’re so impressed, lol.

My granny and dad boarded early because they both have mobility issues. I was really proud of how well my dad coped. His health hasn’t been the best for the past 10 years or so and he had become something of a homebody and this trip made such a difference in his willingness to want to get out and do new things. Anyways, we connected through Atlanta at which point Adam’s parents had a later flight so they were take the magical express. We made my Granny bring her walker, which she hates, but we were all really glad she had it when we were trekking through the Atlanta airport.

On the plane
Worst picture ever:

IMG_2488.jpg

My parents:
IMG_2490.jpg

We arrived in Orlando and made our way down to the Budget rental desk. We have never rented a car before when we’ve gone to Disney or Universal, that’s one of the things we like most about vacationing there—no driving! But we knew that with so many people and so many things going on (Discovery Cove, etc) it would be best to have our own transportation. So we rented a minivan. It took at least an hour to get through the line!! If we hadn’t already prepaid, I would have seriously thought about switching rental companies—all the other companies had like no wait. We just hit it at a bad time and they did have almost every single check out station working. So we finally get our keys and go to get in the van—we find the van, manage to get all the luggage loaded and still have enough seats for everyone when Adam goes to close the back end and the door won’t latch! So we proceed to take everything out and try and try again. Both my dad and Adam were being really stubborn about the whole, which I don’t blame them—we were so tired and just ready to get to the resort. Well after about 20 mins of this Adam finally agrees to go back to the check in desk. It was also really hot…

About 10 mins later he calls and says he got assigned a new minivan and wants us to come meet him—we had all stayed behind at the other minivan. I told him I really didn’t think my Granny was up for another long walk so he get the new van and picks us up, we load and FINALLY we are off.

On the open road:
IMG_2491.jpg

We have arrived!!!
IMG_2493.jpg

We brought out own GPS and it got us to the Beach Club with no issue. The folks at check in were great and our room was ready. For some reason they didn’t have Granny on the reservation, but it wasn’t a big deal since we had a two bedroom villa, they just added her on since we didn’t have to worry about her having park tickets, etc. We rented points from a VERY nice man on the disboards who was so great to work with. The two bedroom villa was great for our needs. It housed me, Adam, my Granny and my parents. It also gave us a nice space to have guests over. After checking in Adam, my mom, and I went to the Publix to loaded up on some food and beer/wine.

Everyone was pretty beat by the time we got back and so the grown up stayed in and ordered pizza which I was fine with, but Adam was super excited and wanted to go out for dinner. We walked over to the Boardwalk and stopped in at the ESPN Club but it was packed and there was some game on so we headed on down the Boardwalk and decided to pop in to Kouzinna which was able to seat us immediately. I felt a bit like slob because I was till wearing yoga pants and a t-shirt from traveling, but I was also really hungry. We had an AMAZING meal! It was so yummy, I don’t know why we’ve never eaten here before. I would totally recommend it.

Adam had an amazing lamb dish:
adamlamb.jpg

I can’t even remember what I had, but it was yummy! After that we went back to the room and passed out.

Up next Granny gets a scooter and we check out the Flower and Garden Festival and buy crazy expensive perfume…..

Woohoo!!! You started your TR!!! :cool1:

Everyone made it safe, which is a good start. Now on to the fun stuff. Glad that Granny was so excited. That's fabulous.

Can't wait for more details!

Day 2—Relax and Decompress
Wednesday, April 18

I knew that traveling was going to be hard on my Granny as well as our parents so we didn’t plan anything formal for our second day except for dinner reservations at the Yachstman Steakhouse. We slept in and had breakfast in the room. My Dad slept in even later and we didn’t see him until after noon. Adam and I decided to take everyone else (granny, my mom and his parents) over to SBP so they could see where we were supposed to have the ceremony (I say supposed to have, because if you have seen the pics you know that’s not where we ended up).

I had forgotten to ask have my Granny’s scooter when checked in the day before so we went downstairs to locate it. Adam and my mom retrieved it from bell services. We rented from Walker Mobility and I would highly recommend them. The scooter was in great shape, charged up and ready to go. We decided to have my mom drive it outside the Beach Club lobby so Granny could practice driving without having to worry so much about running over small children. She took to the scooter like a fish to water and renting it was probably one of the best logistical decisions we made. While Granny was test driving, this nice lady stopped her and told her that “every princess needs a crown” and she gave her this cute little foam tiara. That’s one thing I love about Disney and about people who love Disney—where else will find such nice acts of random kindness whilst on vacation? ??

grannyscoter.jpg

Moving on, we made the rounds at SBP…
All the ladies:
IMG_2495.jpg

We made the complete loop around the Boardwalk to the Swan and Dolphin and back to the Beach Club. By that time my dad was up and he and my mom went off to explore. Granny was tired and took a nap; I have no clue what Adam’s parents did, lol. Adam and I decided to go to EPCOT for a bit to check out the Flower and Garden Festival.

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

High-fiving Lotso!
IMG_2517.jpg

We always have to stop for a pic with our favorite Duck:
IMG_2536.jpg

Along the way I had mentioned that we forgot to buy new perfume for the wedding day. I really liked the idea of having a scent that would remind us of the wedding in the future and Adam liked the idea too. We ended up stopping in France at the Guerlain shop. I told the clerk what we were looking for and he helped us pick out some really lovely scents. We went to check out and our total was like $300+. I knew it would be expensive, but I didn’t realize how expensive, oh well you only get married once. Turns out that Adam’s was a reasonably priced $80, but mine was like $250—it does smell so nice though. It’s called Cruel Gardenia and although I don’t normally like floral scents, this one smells very fresh and feminine and the bottle made for very pretty pictures.

I think at some point we snacked and we ended up back at the Beach Club. Adam went and hung out with his parents while three generations of our family shared wine coolers, lol:
IMG_2553.jpg

Our Best Man, Dwayne was set to arrive that evening but not until after dinner. Our Maid of Honor, Jana, and her husband, and usher, Mark, were also set to arrive at some point that evening—they live in Tampa.

We had a really nice meal at the Yachtsman. I hadn’t ever eaten there before, but our server was so nice and the food was delicious. My Dad still goes on and on about how good his filet was. I would totally recommend it—it was very laid back and I also really liked the atmosphere of the Yacht Club. It’s so calm compared to the Beach Club.
IMG_2558.jpg

After the meal we all headed back to the room. Dwayne was spending the night with us on the fold out couch in our room. We never added him to the reservation because he was only staying the one night, but it also didn’t occur to me that he might have an issue getting on the Magical Express. The plan was him to take a cab, but he was able to hop on the ME with no issues. The texts I received on his progress went like this:

“Landed!!” “Is my name on your reservation?” Nevermind! Taking shuttle, so easy!!” “Ew, children everywhere” After about an hour I texted asking if he was ok to which he responded: “ Exploring the whole d***** magic kingdom. Magical expressly slow.” Fortunately, he arrived shortly thereafter. :rotfl2:

Dwayne is a mutual friend of Adam and I. He and Adam actually met in high school and Dwayne and I met in college, before I ever knew Adam. It meant a lot to both of us to have him there. In fact, our first ever vacation together was a road trip from Arkansas to WDW for spring break with Dwayne and his partner Christopher (our officiant). Dwayne and Christopher aren’t really Disney people, but we always have a great time when they’re there. Christopher wasn’t able to arrive until late on Thursday. We got Dwayne settled and then had a few drinks at the Martha’s Vineyard bar. It was great to catch up. Jana and Mark also arrived at some point, but they were beat and just went straight to bed. We went to bed somewhat early because the next day was….Discovery Cove!!!

Day 3—They call him Flipper….
Thursday, April 19

Dwayne crashed for the night on the fold out couch in our room. We all woke up pretty earlier A) because we were excited and B) because I had threatened everyone that we must leave the resort early so we could get to Discovery Cove in a timely manner.

Dwayne, Adam and I put the welcome bags together for our guests. Since we had such a small wedding this was no big deal. I had shipped down a lot of stuff to Jana prior to the wedding and that was a huge help. The bags had ponchos, cute little Disney washcloths that expanded when put in water, a nail file, gum, hand sanitizer, pocket tissues and a Times Guide, Hidden Mickey and Fun Facts sheets compliments of Jessica Wilton with Fashionably Ever After. She did an awesome giveaway right before the wedding and she worked hard to get our Times Guides done and these were the best things EVER!! I highly recommend something like this ever if you don’t do welcome bags—everyone used them to know where to be and when to be there.
IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

Next we made sure all the parents were up and ready. Granny sat this one out and just spent the day at the villa with the romance novels I bought her. All the parents, Dwayne, Adam and I piled into the minivan. Jana and Mark just met us at DC. We parked and got in line to check in for the day. This went pretty quickly overall—there was a line but it wasn’t too crazy. Everyone gets their own little photo ID on a lanyard. Only my parents, Dwayne, Adam and I did the dolphin swim. Everyone else just snorkeled, ate, and relaxed. I had booked us a cabana so we could all be together and not have to fight for shade. It was a great investment! Right after you check in you a group photo made. They asked us how many households we had and we were not understanding their question so we asked them to define household—anyways you get a copy of the group photo for each family in your group. We had a special guide to lead us to our cabana. On the way we grabbed wetsuits—well, actually I was the only who went for the wetsuit, everyone else chose the vest. I was so grateful I put that suit on later because I would have frozen to death! It really wasn’t all that sunny that day plus they keep the water pretty cool.

100_0006.jpg

100_0010.jpg

100_0012.jpg

100_0013.jpg

100_0020.jpg

We had dolphin swim time around lunch so we all go into the lagoon and snorkeled with the stingrays. I thought my poor mom was going to have a heart attack. I am deathly afraid of sharks in the water, but I can handle pretty much anything else and Adam and I had done a sting ray swim in the Caribbean before. She got over it for the most part and there was SO much to see! I would totally go back to DC and just do the day resort package with no dolphin swim.

We did our swim which was so great! We had two good dolphins and I loved seeing my Dad with the dolphins. My Dad doesn’t do the best in crowds so we waited a long time to tell him we were doing DC, but he really enjoyed it and it was a really special memory for us.

m041912_00_3570.jpg

My Dad:
m041912_00_3581.jpg

My Mom:
m041912_00_3605.jpg

m041912_00_3606.jpg

m041912_00_3625.jpg

Everyone ate lunch; Dwayne, Adam and I tooled around DC trying all the different alcoholic beverages. Finally we went through the aviary a couple of times. After that we all decided we were ready to go plus it was getting really cloudy and ended up raining fairly hard for a bit while we got our pics and video.

100_0043.jpg

Overall, I would recommend DC. We did it as a gift to everyone in the bridal party (except Christopher, our officiant because he wasn’t able to make it in time). Adam and I bought Sea World annual passes which we probably won’t even use before they expire, but they saved us so much money since we took such a large group to DC.
Up next: surprise groom’s cake and joint last fling before the ring!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter