Justine & Adam 4-21-12 SBP/LSS/SCP--Updated 9/30

I was so excited to see this update!! :yay:

That was such a special treat for you to give your guests, it looks like everyone had a great time! I love the pictures of each of you with the dolphin!

Can't wait to read more....

Brooke

Oh. My. God. WHO did your bridal portraits?!! I have been stalking TONs of MK Bridal Portraits so I can make very particular requests for pictures ... I have not seen ANY anywhere near as gorgeous (and plentiful) as yours!! The pictures are absolutely STUNNING! I am in awe. It helps that your photographer had an exceptionally lovely subject (your dress suited you so perfectly)

Please tell me who the photographer was! It would make my life to have a portrait session turn out as beautiful as yours. :lovestruc

I was so excited to see this update!! :yay:

That was such a special treat for you to give your guests, it looks like everyone had a great time! I love the pictures of each of you with the dolphin!

Can't wait to read more....

Brooke

It was a lot of fun and it was doable for us since we had such a small bridal party.

Oh. My. God. WHO did your bridal portraits?!! I have been stalking TONs of MK Bridal Portraits so I can make very particular requests for pictures ... I have not seen ANY anywhere near as gorgeous (and plentiful) as yours!! The pictures are absolutely STUNNING! I am in awe. It helps that your photographer had an exceptionally lovely subject (your dress suited you so perfectly)

Please tell me who the photographer was! It would make my life to have a portrait session turn out as beautiful as yours. :lovestruc

Wow, you know how to make a girl feel good! We had Regina for our bridal portraits and I think she's leaving Disney soon. She did a great job, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ty--he did all of our other photos and I love them too!

Yay! You updated! Now I want to go to DC!

You should go!!

Woohoo!!! I come on here to finally update mine (hopefully) and I am so happy to see an update on yours! :yay:

Glad you liked Yachtsman. It's our favorite restaurant at Disney. We are going twice in November.

DC looks awesome. Maybe Paul and I will have to venture off Disney property sometime to try it out.

Love the photo of Dad kissing the dolphin. That's awesome.

Hope to see another update soon!

Regina and Ty -- fab. Thanks for letting me know! I have heard a lot about Regina and Amy on the boards, but I figured Regina was leaving/had left since she isn't on the website. I am glad to hear that Ty did a good job too, he was one I had noted down as having really great pictures.

Thanks again!

I need to catch up on TRs more.... I never get on here much anymore.

Discovery Cove looked great!! It's on my bucket list for sure!! I could do the dolphins... but probably not the other fish, etc.

You also have the cutest granny ever!! I love her tiara!!!

Part 2 Thursday, April 19

We all loaded up in the minivan and took off back for the BCV. We all showered and took a break. We decided to meet up around 6 pm for Adam’s surprise groom cake in my parent’s side of the villa. I really wanted to do a cake for Adam, but we had a ridiculous amount of food already on the wedding day so I decided about a month or so before the wedding to contact Its Tasty Too and see what they would charge for a cake. I send them an inspiration picture and then we sent a few emails back and forth and everything was set. I was astounded how affordable they were, but once you deal with Disney it’s amazing how reasonable everything else seems.

I had texted Adam’s parents to let them know when to come down and about 5 or 10 minutes beforehand they knock on our door instead of my parent’s door—doh! At this point Adam got really suspicious; I think he was afraid that I had invited his parents to go out with us that night, lol. Anyways, we had about 12 people over for cake. Its Tasty Too called and let us know that we would have to meet them in the lobby because BCV security was being overzealous. My mom and I went down and it was actually really fun because everyone in the lobby wanted pics of the cake and they kept asking if it was from the Cake Boss??? I said no, just a local bakery. I met the dude from the bakery (whose name I cannot remember) and complimented him on a job well done. Bell services loaded the cake on a luggage rack and followed us up to our room.

Adam was totally surprised! It was really hard figuring out what to incorporate on the cake. I stuck with Jimmy Buffett and a small Arkansas Razorback…and he LOVED it. He still talks about it. The cake tasted really yummy too! I picked rum and strawberry for one layer (it was my favorite) and chocolate with vanilla icing for the other and it was like eating a Swiss Cake Roll—yum!

IMG_2567.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

Jana and Dwayne had planned a fun night out for Adam and I. Another couple we invited also tagged along. Christopher’s plain didn’t get in until really late that night. They gave Adam and cute "game over" tshirt and Jana made me a panty parfait--so cute!! It had all these adorable panties with cute little rhymes on them.

Jana and Dwayne kept the plans a surprise. We took a cab to Pointe Orlando on I Drive and went The Pub—this was Adam’s stop for the night. It was set up, well like a pub, lol. They have a beer wall where you can read about all different types of beer and then you get this little scan card and you fill up your mug up….repeatedly, lol. It was fun! We also ordered some food and it was super yummy. I would totally go back because this was basically Adam’s Mecca. We got to sit at the King’s table which totally reminded me of something out of The Tudors.

IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg

Panty Parfait--why yes, I have been drinking
IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

I'm practically Ann Boelyn
IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

BFFs!
IMG_2581.jpg

Next we walked over to my stop for the evening…Howl at the Moon! We have a piano bar in our hometown called Willy D’s and it is such a blast! Jana and I have spent many fun nights there including my 21st birthday, so this was a great fit. I will admit we got there a bit early in the evening and we were a little disappointed at the small crowd, but with 30 mins it filled up super fast. We had a table reserved and got to choose from a round of included drinks….in buckets. Yes, that’s right—buckets! Yum.

IMG_2585.jpg

Look at the "I can't let you get too drunk" Jana is giving me:
IMG_2586.jpg

We had a fab time although it is all a little fuzzy now. We got on stage a few times, drank a lot, and danced around a bit. There was a big group of guys that showed up dressed as women and I don’t mean drag, because that’s awesome, these were just fratty guys being well, fratty, lol. It was still fun to watch them.

IMG_2588.jpg

We were reaching the tipping point and I’m so happy I listened to Jana and went back to the resort instead of going to another bar. The next day was our rehearsal and we had a rehearsal breakfast planned at Captain’s Grill at the Yacht Club.

I AM SO EXCITED FOR MORE TR! I've been to Howl at the Moon in Charlotte, it's a blast!

I can't wait to hear about CG! I've wanted to go there but never managed to.

Friday, April 20
Today was rehearsal day. We had a late morning rehearsal breakfast planned at the Captain’s Grill. We walked over from the BCV and checked in. I had booked it later so that it wouldn’t be crowded and so we could all sit together. I think there were around 15 of us because most of Adam’s family hadn’t made it in just yet, they were scheduled to come in later that day. We checked in and they tried to seat us in two tables that they described as being just across the aisle from each other—we go to sit down and they were way too far apart. So we finally made it clear that we would just rather wait a little while so we could have one big table. This took another 10 minutes or so, but they finally got it sorted out. They even put a few balloons on the table which I thought was sweet. I think pretty much everyone ate off the buffet and it was very tasty. We gave out our gifts to the parents and bridal party.

I hand hankies embroidered for Adam’s parents and my dad. I gave my mom a bracelet with our initials and birthstones on it that I got on Etsy. I gave our MOH some earrings (also from Etsy) with her birthstone, amethyst, which also matched her dress. The guys got collar stays that said “you are” and “bad ***” and they seemed to like them. The gifts were on the small side since we had taken everyone to Discovery Cove. It was a good meal and I’m glad we did a breakfast. Since we were doing a welcome dessert party that night, there just wasn’t any other time for an actual rehearsal dinner which is funny because I had ALWAYS planned on doing a rehearsal dinner at Ohana, but plans change, lol. Oh and I don’t think anyone took pics at breakfast because I don’t have one.

Our rehearsal went really well. The weather was still pretty good at that point. We ran through the ceremony and went over all the usual stuff. I got to wear my little veil again from the night before and my Disney bride shirt. Oh and we tied the balloons from breakfast onto my granny’s scooter and about halfway through the rehearsal one popped and I thought we were being shot at, lol; Lots of fun!
rehearsal.jpg

rehearsal3.jpg

rehearsal4.jpg

rehearsal6.jpg

rehearsal5.jpg

Next Adam and I went over to check into the Boardwalk. We used our comp night so he could have his own room to get ready in the next day. I totally missed the boat on getting an upgrade—I guess you can request a concierge room or something, oh well. We got a nice corner room overlooking the courtyard. He moved his stuff over to this room. I will admit that around this point I started to get a bit pouty about the weather.

MOH Jana and I headed out to get our nail done. I had the longest pedicure ever and a regular French manicure. We were at the nail salon (off property somewhere) for what seemed like forever. While we were there watching numerous episodes of the Singing Bee it started to rain and not a gentle Northwest Arkansas shower, but a real Florida toad strangler…and that’s when I knew I better get ok with being moved inside. Oh, and while I loved my pedicure, that stupid manicure managed to chip before the wedding the next day—lame. Probably my fault for not getting something more permanent, but I hate the way any type of faux nail feels. At some point we finished up our nails and we made a brief stop at a liquor store for champagne and whiskey. I also had a real Einstein moment when I sent the champagne over to Adam’s room thinking it was meant for us when it turns out that Jana had meant for us to have it the next morning while getting ready…you must make these things clear to the preoccupied bride, lol.

Our welcome party that night did get moved inside. I got mad and then I got glad about 10 minutes after we arrived at the Grand Floridian. My parents, granny, Adam and I drove over in the minivan. We were put in a salon and I was soooooo grateful that they put vases on the tables with red roses in them. We didn’t pay for any extra décor because I have seen pics of what they normally do at Sago Cay and I knew it would be fine. After about 15 mins we even managed to get them to turn on some Disney music which was great—because it was so quiet at first, almost like a wake or something. We met out photographers, Ty and Chris, and they were super nice. I don’t think our planner was there at all, which now that I think about it seems a little strange, but whatever. The desserts were fab!

Oh and we had a great example of Disney customer service: my dad is diabetic but he usually manages just fine, but that night he was having issues so he couldn’t really eat any of the desserts. One of ladies on the catering team somehow conjured him up a sugar free fruit parfait. It was SO nice and my dad was so surprised. We got to see all the guest—I think everyone at the wedding was also at the welcome party, which was great because I got to meet some of Adam’s family for the first time and see some friends I hadn’t seen in ages. We even got to go outside and see the fireworks!
PH289750412-0002.jpg

PH289750412-0003.jpg

Me and my parents:
PH289750412-0021.jpg

Bride, Groom, Best Man and Officiant
PH289750412-0029.jpg

Dad and his special dessert
PH289750412-0036.jpg

PH289750412-0037.jpg

PH289750412-0041.jpg

PH289750412-0046.jpg

Adam’s grandparents and Aunt
PH289750412-0054.jpg

Disclaimer: I freaking LOVE Wishes!!!! I was dead set on having a DP at Sago Cay—period. So we ended up doing it as a welcome party once we decided to switch our ceremony over to SBP. In fact having an Illuminations DP was a last minute addition, mainly done so I could be guaranteed fireworks photos in our wedding attire. In hindsight, our guests vastly enjoyed Illuminations over Wishes and I even had the Wishes audio piped in. Also the fireworks photos at EPCOT blew the ones taken at Sago Cay out of the water. So for future brides contemplating the two options: I would go for Illuminations; your guests will love it; they’ll be right in the action and they’ll feel special going backstage. Oh and both our DPs were moved indoors, but I think the verdict would have been the same either way.

Once the show was over we headed back over to see our guests off on the bus then we drove over in the minivan. I don’t really remember too much about going to sleep that night. I know I was really excited, but I was also tired and just really for the next day to be here already…

Yay!! You're back.

Thanks for the tip about fireworks, I was leaning towards illuminations based on pics I've seen but that bloody castle made me want both LOL

Yay!!! An update!!! Sorry the weather wasn't great, but looks like they did a good job moving you inside.

Can't wait to read about your wedding day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter