** Kat & Pauls Wishes Wedding 3.8.11 WG/AG/DP @ UK Lochside **

DF took me out to dinner tonight to the Outback. I love it there and it always reminds me of being in Florida :goodvibes Whenever we go out we always spend the whole evening talking about our wedding and all the things we've still got left to do!!

We are planning on making welcome bags for all our guests and having them put in their rooms for when they check in to the BC although they all would of been in Florida a few days by then we still thought it'd be a nice thing to do! We are leaving them till we actually get to Florida so that leaves us 1 week to put them altogther. I might try and sort the bags out here though! I love some of the welcome bags Ive seen on here! Everyone puts so much effort into it! I love it!! :thumbsup2

I tried persuading DF that he really did want my nephew to walk down the aisle and although I couldnt get him to say yes he agreed we'd leave it as
a maybe and just see how the little one does at the rehearsal. If he cant walk down the aisle then he wont get to walk on the day! :( Time to start practicing I think!! :)

Ive emailed Warren today about the flowers. We've changed our minds on some things and Im still trying to get the pics of the centre pieces that he told me about on 1st Sept! I really hope he sends them soon!

I read on one the of pjs yesterday (sorry I cant remember who's!) They had a buffet and had the desserts removed which took the cost down and then they had a cake. We didnt even think of doing this and as we are having a DP it makes sense to do this as seriously, how many desserts do we need?! I always felt bad that we had a Disney chef at our disposal but weren't using them for our cake! Im super excited as DF said we can look into doing this so I get a cake! YAY!! :yay:Im so excited!

I collected our guest book from the post office today and Im really disappointed with it. Its not like it was on the site so Im going to have to return it. :( It took so long to find it and now Im going to have to find another one! I might look at making one?! Has anyone else made their own guestbook?! I wouldnt know where to start but Im willing to give it a go! :)

Good idea on the buffet - we went to a wedding recently (non-Disney :sad2:) and they only had cake for desert. I was surprised they didn't even have coffee!! Oh well, I don't think many people noticed.

Have you thought about doing one of those guest frames? I have seen a bunch of them for sale all over the Internet, the guests sign the frame matting and then you put a pic in it and can display all their well wishes.

At the above mentioned wedding, they did a fingerprint guest tree. There was a tree printed in the middle of a poster and you made your finger print on it then signed your name under it. The ink for the finger prints was some sort of green ink that came right off with alcohol wipes. It was pretty cool and super original. Someone made a fingerprint person under the tree. :upsidedow

Good idea on the buffet - we went to a wedding recently (non-Disney :sad2:) and they only had cake for desert. I was surprised they didn't even have coffee!! Oh well, I don't think many people noticed.

Have you thought about doing one of those guest frames? I have seen a bunch of them for sale all over the Internet, the guests sign the frame matting and then you put a pic in it and can display all their well wishes.

At the above mentioned wedding, they did a fingerprint guest tree. There was a tree printed in the middle of a poster and you made your finger print on it then signed your name under it. The ink for the finger prints was some sort of green ink that came right off with alcohol wipes. It was pretty cool and super original. Someone made a fingerprint person under the tree. :upsidedow

I do like my desserts so dont think I could only have cake but we have 9 different desserts for the DP so I dont feel like Im missing out!! :goodvibes I would love to have a wedding cake though...Id feel a little sad if I didnt have a cake to cut! And it'd be a really nice surprise for everyone as currently everyone knows we aren't having a cake.

I really like the idea of the frame but was unsure how it would travel seeing as it would need to come home in the luggage but I do really like the idea. I could do a small one for the wedding as there will only be 20 of us and I could always have a bigger one for our home reception! I'll run it past DF and see what he thinks but I think its a great idea...thanks!! :thumbsup2

A finger print tree is so original, what a great thing to do! :) I bet it looked great once everyone had done it!

Just wanted to say hello and congratulations from a fellow UK bride!!

I also got engaged in the Magic Kingdom and am planning a Disney wedding for next November. We're going to Florida this Nov to have another look around and make a few decisions and I'm going to Davids Bridal to hopefully get my dress and possibly the bridesmaid dress.

Enjoying reading about your plans x

Just wanted to say hello and congratulations from a fellow UK bride!!

I also got engaged in the Magic Kingdom and am planning a Disney wedding for next November. We're going to Florida this Nov to have another look around and make a few decisions and I'm going to Davids Bridal to hopefully get my dress and possibly the bridesmaid dress.

Enjoying reading about your plans x

Congratulations!! :) It's always good hearing from another UK bride!! Davids is sooo great!! You'll have no trouble finding a dress! The dress I want for my MOH is from Davids too but I couldn't buy it when I was there in April as she wasnt with me so I'm taking a risk and buying it the week before the wedding! :worried: Have fun when you go back in November!! I'm so jealous...wish I didn't have to wait until March!! :) And thanks for reading!!

I don like my desserts so dont think I could only have cake...we have 9 different desserts for the DP so I dont feel like Im missing out!! :goodvibes I would love to have a wedding cake though...Id feel a little sad if I didnt have a cake to cut! And it'd be a really nice surprise for everyone as currently everyone knows we aren't having a cake.

I really like the idea of the frame but was unsure how it would travel seeing as it would need to come home in the luggage but I do really like the idea. I could do a small one for the wedding as there will only be 20 of us and I could always have a bigger one for our home reception! I'll run it past DF and see what he thinks but I think its a great idea...thanks!! :thumbsup2

A finger print tree is so original, what a great thing to do! :) I bet it looked great once everyone had done it!

Where are you staying? You can ship the frame to and from the Contemporary, if that is an option. If you order it online, just re-use the packaging they send it in.

We are using our own champagne glasses, serving set and memory vase for both the DFTW and the home reception so we are shipping a box to the Contemporary and then back home. It is super convenient since we are staying there but I bet there are other locations you can ship to/from if you are staying somewhere else.

If not, maybe you can remove the mat and leave the glass part at home. You could get one of those heavy duty cardboard envelopes (like the ones to ship photographs) to put it in and it may travel quite well that way. :goodvibes

Where are you staying? You can ship the frame to and from the Contemporary, if that is an option. If you order it online, just re-use the packaging they send it in.

We are using our own champagne glasses, serving set and memory vase for both the DFTW and the home reception so we are shipping a box to the Contemporary and then back home. It is super convenient since we are staying there but I bet there are other locations you can ship to/from if you are staying somewhere else.

If not, maybe you can remove the mat and leave the glass part at home. You could get one of those heavy duty cardboard envelopes (like the ones to ship photographs) to put it in and it may travel quite well that way. :goodvibes

We are staying at the BC for 2 nights and then AKL for 2 nights and all the other nights are at a private villa we have rented. Leaving the glass at home is a good idea! As we are coming from the UK I'm just not sure Virgin can be trusted not to break it! haha! :) If we do a small frame though it would go in my hand luggage so that's not a bad idea and then I could just put it in one of the heavy duty envelopes you suggested for extra protection!! It's all coming together now!! Thank you so much for your great ideas!! :goodvibes

We are finally making headway on the flowers! I got an email back from Warren late last night (like 11pm our time so I was fast asleep by then!!) :)

So here's what we have got sorted so far...

My MOH's bouquet will consist of all white Asian lilies. Warren said this way I will get a larger bouquet that is more cost effective. I originally wanted calla lilies but he said it would be smaller and cost more. He also added a Mikey crystal to the handle to give it a little sparkle.

For the ceremony decor Im having the white folding chairs with a floral cluster tied to the end of the 3 rows of chairs and it will have a cornflower blue ribbon tied to it for some pop! Ive also got the petal cones on each seat for the guests in blue, green and white. We have a floral garland around the entrance to the gazebo in mixed floral of blue and green with sheer white curtain panels hanging inside the gazebo. I did think about having mixed petals down each side of the aisle but decided against it incase they blow away!! :rotfl:

For my bouquet I have a combination of white Asian lilies, green mini calla lilies, green roses, white roses, dark blue delphinuim and blue hydrangea and greenery. This way I can combine both types of lilies in my bouquet as I couldnt pick just one!! :)

I have also added in a small bouquet of white mini calla lilies for Pauls dad as he sadly passed away suddenly at the end of May not long after booking his trip for the wedding so it is important to Paul to have something in memory of his dad.

We are also having a corsage for each of the mums to wear on their wrists. They are made up of white mini calla lilies with filler and greenery.

So now all we have to do is sort out the centrepieces. Warren sent me some great pictures but we are having real trouble deciding on what we want! Who knew it would be sooo difficult!! I'm sure the email I sent him was just plain confusing but we'll see what he says when he gets back to me!!

Yey for hearing back from them. :cheer2: Your bouquet sounds like its going to be soo beautiful. Can't wait to see pics of it.

Yey for hearing back from them. :cheer2: Your bouquet sounds like its going to be soo beautiful. Can't wait to see pics of it.

I certainly hope so!! I can't wait to see it all together! Just got to sort out the centrepieces now...easier said then done though! :)

DF and I have been talking about the wedding music for quite some time! Some of the songs we agreed on straight away but we still cant agree on a song for the recessional!! :confused3

When we had our PS with Carol she told us to pick 4 or 5 songs for when the guests are being seated so we've picked:

1. Some Day My Prince Will Come
2. When You Wish Upon A Star
3. A Dream Is A Wish your Heart Makes
4. Beauty And The Beast (DF hasnt totally agreed to this yet but I really like it!!)
5. Kiss the Girl

Then when it's time for DF, his BM and Rev Jack Day to walk up the aisle DF picked 'I Just Cant Wait To Be King' from the Lion King.

I've always wanted to walk down the aisle to Canon in D so all the BM's, MOH and myself will walk down the aisle to that. And this is where I become a total bridezilla because there is a specific part of this song that I want to walk down the aisle to and I don't care how its done but I WILL walk down the aisle at that point in the song!!

There are a few songs we are trying to decide between for the recessional and they are:

1. Ever Ever After by Carrie Underwood (my pick)
2. Hold Up A Light by Take That (DF's pick)
3. Happy Together by The Turtles (my pick)
4. Wonderful World by Joey Ramone (DF's pick)
5. (Good Riddance) Time Of Your Life by Glen Campbell (DF's pick)
6. I Only Want To Be With You by Dusty Springfield (my pick)

So as you can see we've got a few different songs to choose from and we just cant agree!! I wanted something a bit more lively. After all, we would of just got married so I want something happy sounding!! Any suggestions/opinions on these songs is, and would be, very welcome!! :)

We got our estimated BEO back in August and I completely forgot about it to be honest!! We were worried about the cost but have decided to wait for our floral BEO to come in before we start panicking and cutting everything!! :rotfl:

I thought I'd post ours as I know how helpful I've found other peoples!

So here we go...

Ceremony

We are having an ipod to play our music so for everything we need to actually have that (speakers, technician etc) its $505
Ceremony location $2079.63
Wishes videography package $3300

Total $5884.63

Pre Reception/Reception

Bar package for 16 people x 3hrs $618.55
Soft drinks/bottled water x2 (for the kids) $42.53
Fairytale Cuvee x3 for toast $239.69
Down by the sea with Ariel buffet for 16 $2206.17
2x childrens plated dinners $59.28
Non alcoholic punch $82.47
Champagne punch $121.13
DJ $1400
Minnie and Mickey $1350

Total $6119.82

Dessert Party

Location (UK lochside) $266.25
18 Illuminations viewing fee $248.25
18 Classic dessert buffet $695.87
Set up $79.88
1 motorcoach $435.75

Total $1726

So everything together is costing a grand total of $13730.45

2 of the kids are free as they under 3 so thats a bargain!! Shame we cant pretend the other 2 are under 3 aswell!! :rotfl:

It was more than what we thought (or more like what we hoped for!) and we did take out the microphones Carol has recommended for the ceremony as they were $320 and I'd rather just talk a bit louder!! :)

Now we just have to wait for the floral BEO and are hoping that it comes in at under $10,000. I don't know if that's realistic or not?! Some of the prices Disney charge I think are really cheap and reasonable but then there are other things that I think are way over the top!! So I just don't know what to expect! :confused3

I'm hoping to hear from Warren again next week and then it shouldn't be much longer until we get the floral BEO so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping it comes in under budget!! I'll keep you posted!!

We also need to get the price back for the Mad Hatters Bridal Tea Party (which is also included in that final $10,000) which I'm hoping to have at the Whitehall patio at the GF. I was really concerned about what this would cost but I'm less worried now as my nan (who passed away recently) left us £1000 which she asked we use for the wedding as she wasn't going to be there. I decided the tea party would be the best thing to use that money for as she really liked her tea!! :)

I'm super excited because I found (and purchased) a new guest book!! :goodvibes I was reading another PJ yesterday and they posted a link to guestbookstore.com and I thought 'ooo I'll have a look at that' and O...M...G...I fell in love!! :lovestruc They are THE BEST guest books I have ever seen! We decided to go with the casual page as we liked the look of it more and just went with a champagne cover as we thought we could jazz it up ourselves if we want. We also added an additional page each for myself and DF so we can write down our memories of the day. I was worried they wouldn't deliver to the UK but they do! yay! :woohoo:So I ordered it straight away. It cost $64.05 (but that's because it cost $34.05 just to get it sent here!!) Ho hum...I dont care, I love it and it's perfect and it made me happy!! :goodvibes

I also got our welcome bags from ebay (you've got to love ebay! :)) We decided to get them in blue as our colours are blue and green. I'd of got 1/2 and 1/2 but the green was more of a lime green and that's all wrong! So now I just need to start on the welcome letter for everyone. We aren't going to fill the bags up until we get to Florida.

We moved all our wedding 'stuff' onto the spare room bed and it's starting to take over!! :laughing: I'm seriously starting to wonder how we are going to get it all over to Florida for the wedding!! We only get 1 case each and we're away for 3weeks so we have to take all the normal stuff (clothes, shoes, truck load of make up ;)) AND all the wedding stuff!! :scared1:
We only have a baggage allowance of 23kg and as we are flying economy (boo!! :sad2:) we only get 1 case each and have to pay an extra £30 for each additional case! Coming home we are flying premium (woo :yay:) and get 2 cases each, same weight of 23kg each so at least I know we'll be able to get all our shopping home!! haha!

DF and I want to buy some of the Mickey cookware. When we were there in April we fell in love with the Mickey cutlery and it was a bargain at $50 but we just didn't have the money or space to bring it home so we agreed we'd wait until the wedding and buy it then. We are also going to get the aprons (just for fun!) and a load of other stuff too! I'm also planning on heading to Target and buying up all their vests as they are great and I just can't get vests like it over here so I have to stock up as I don't know when we'll be going back :sad1:

Still waiting to hear back from Warren but in his defence I only sent the email last Monday evening and he only works Monday, Wednesday & Friday so I think I need to give him a bit longer before I get all stressed out!! I just can't help it...I want a reply and I want it NOW!! :laughing: I think I just really want the floral budget back so we know what it's costing us!! Hopefully not too much longer and we'll know!!

I'm also stressing as none of our friends have booked their flights/accomodation yet. We told everyone about this wedding in 2007 and it drives me crazy that with just 5 1/2 months to go the only people who have booked are our families (and I'm extremely grateful that they have!) It's not cheap I know, which is why we gave everyone so much notice but the longer they all leave it to book the more it worries me! The main people I'm hoping will book soon are my MOH, the BM and our photograper (who's a close friend) who are all planning on flying out together and staying at a villa together with 2 other friends. My MOH is currently away in Cyprus for another wedding so I'm hoping when she's back she'll get her flight booked but part of me is worrying that the reason she hasn't booked yet is because she either 1, cant afford it or 2, doesnt want to come. I'm probably just being silly but I feel like I don't have much control over anything as Disney are essentially doing everything wedding related so all I can do is obsess over the lack of flights booked so far and the fact I dont get replies to my emails as quickly as I'd like! ARGH!

OK, I feel a bit better after getting that all out! :) Is it just me or do other brides go through this aswell?!

Know just what you mean. So far I know DF's family have booked their flights, but not their accom, two of my friends have booked everything, but that's it! :scared1:

I'm waiting on our floral BEO too, not expecting it until around October 15th, but it's taking too long!

$10000 for floral! :faint: Wow, I'm hoping my floral comes no where near that! I know flowers can really make the room but I'm hoping my floral comes in at less then 25% of what my main BEO came in at.

What did you search for to find your welcome bags on ebay?

Know just what you mean. So far I know DF's family have booked their flights, but not their accom, two of my friends have booked everything, but that's it! :scared1:

I'm waiting on our floral BEO too, not expecting it until around October 15th, but it's taking too long!

$10000 for floral! :faint: Wow, I'm hoping my floral comes no where near that! I know flowers can really make the room but I'm hoping my floral comes in at less then 25% of what my main BEO came in at.

What did you search for to find your welcome bags on ebay?

I'd really like my floral to be less than 25% of my main BEO too!! :) We havent asked for much so it's highly likely that it will...I'm just thinking by totally over estimating I'll be really happy when it comes back!! :laughing: I just dont know what to expect! $10,000 is what's left of our total budget which is why I hope it's less than that. And that has to cover the cost of the tea party too!

I just searched for canvas bags on ebay. We got 10 plain blue bags for £12.95. DF is going to design a logo for us and we are going to put that on the bag. I'll post a picture when he's done it! :goodvibes

So while I'm waiting for my floral BEO I thought I'd tell you a bit about our at home reception.

It's at a golf and country club near our home in Essex called Lords. (you can check it out at www.lordscountryclub.com) 'going to be on 7th May 2011 (2 months after the wedding)

We've got the smallest of the rooms (the view suite) I'd of gone for one of the bigger rooms but there were 2 things that really sold this room to me. 1, it has doors that open out onto beautiful decking overlooking a lake and the golf course and 2, it has 2 flat screen tv's on the wall which we can play our wedding DVD on! :goodvibes So all the people who couldn't make it for the wedding (and all those that did) will get to see it again and again and again (I'm putting it on repeat! haha! :laughing:) We are also going to have all our photos on DVD so we can play those aswell :thumbsup2

We're having a buffet which includes things like roast beef yorkshire puddings with horseradish, a selection of sandwiches, mini indian selection, sausage rolls, crisps and pretzels etc And we'll be have a wedding cake aswell that's being made by someone my dad works with. She makes all our cakes and she's amazing! :)

DF has just booked our DJ (the son of someone I work with - it's good to know people :thumbsup2) and he's about a quarter of the price of the DJ we have got through Disney! Shocking!! :eek:

We don't have to worry too much about decorations/floral as the room is beautiful on it's own. There are flowers already in the room so we probably wont have any more just to save some money! We've got 5 round tables though and to decorate them we have got some chunky white candlesticks with white candles (2 on each table, all different heights)

Photo030.jpg

Photo039.jpg

and then we have some white double sided photo frames. On one side we are going to put a picture from the wedding and on the other a memory we have from the day - hopefully one that fits with the photo if we can remember anything!! haha! I also think we will scatter rose petals on the table to add some colour as everything else is white!

Photo035.jpg

Photo037.jpg

We're hoping to give the photo frames out as gifts to people who have helped us with the wedding. I'd also like to jazz them up a bit as they are a bit plain. Not sure what I'm going to do with them but I'll think of something! I'll post 'after' pictures when I've done them!! :)

I am super excited today for a number of reasons! :hyper:

Firstly, our complimentary room night - when we first met with Michelle, our sales consultant, back in April we asked for our comp night to be at AKL for the night of the 9th as we are staying at BCV the night of the wedding. When the confirmation came through a few weeks later they had booked it for the wrong night!! :mad: They had booked us for the night of the wedding. As it was, by then my parents had already booked us at AKL for the 9th and 10th, CL (very excited about that too!) I forgot all about it until a few days ago so I emailed Carol to see if we could change our comp night to BLT for the night of the 19th. Jessie, her assistant, emailed me back to say they couldn't book us at BLT as they were all reserved for DVC members but she did book us at the Contemporary :) I've never even been inside it before so I'm very much looking forward to it! To top it all off, the 19th is my 27th birthday so DF is taking me to California Grill for dinner as I've always wanted to go! But the real icing on the cake is that we can see Wishes from there! We got engaged during Wishes in 2007 and this will be the first time we have seen it since then! I am so so soooo excited!! :goodvibes

Secondly, our floral budget - I got an email from Warren today, now we have finally decided on everything he's going to put it all together and send us the BEO in the next few days! I think I've mentioned before that he only works Monday, Wednesday and Friday so I just know I'm going to be obsessively checking my email for the rest of the night and all day Friday!! :rotfl:I can't wait to get the BEO back so we know exactly how much this wedding is going to cost us!

And lastly, the Mad Hatter Bridal Tea Party - I've been emailing Carol back and forth and we have ironed out all the details (picked the food, cake and filling, characters and props) and she's going to amend the BEO to include it and send that back to me too! :) She's also going to speak to the chef to see what the price is for the wedding cake we wanted so we can decide if we want to go ahead with it or not!

It's all coming together now! :thumbsup2

So I'm still patiently waiting for our floral budget. On Wednesday Warren said he'd get it sent to me in the next few days. Guess I was a bit too optimistic in hoping it would be here before the weekend! Well fingers crossed he sends it Monday! I know I know...I'm so impatient!! :)

But while I wait for that I have been sorting out the Mad Hatter Bridal Tea Party. It's all booked for March 5th 2pm-4pm and will be at the Whitehall Patio at GF. There's 12 of us going, 4 of them children, and I am very, VERY excited about it! :goodvibes

When I first enquired about having a tea party Jessie sent me some pictures and just hit the nail on the head! It was exactly what I was thinking (I guess that's what they are paid to do though eh?!:))

So it's going to look something like this:

madhatter2.jpg

I'm buying some cheshire cat cuddly toys for the children and we're also making an activity pack for them so they dont get bored! It'll just have things like a colouring book and crayons (can't trust them with felt tip pens...last time my mum gave my neice pens she coloured the soles of her feet and inside her ears! :rotfl:) maybe some Alice in Wonderland figures for them to play with and whatever else I can find to fit the theme!!

As we weren't originally going to have a wedding cake I decided to have mini mad hatter cakes for the tea party as I figured I had to have cake at some point right?!

madhattercake.jpg

We're going to have a seperate round table set up with the cakes and cupcakes displayed on it.

It's going to be yellow sponge with milk chocolate mousse and the little ones are getting cupcakes with colourful buttercream topping as (call me cheap if you want) I didn't want to spend $25 on a cake each for a 1 and 2 yr old! The cupcakes are only $7 each and I don't really care if they eat them or not for that price!! :laughing:

The menu for the tea party is quite basic...I didn't really want anything fussy or over the top so we are having jam tarts, scones, a selection of sandwiches (egg salad, tuna salad and chicken salad - yes I like salad! ;)) a fresh fruit display with dipping sauces and then I decided to add Mickey Mouse chocolate dipped krispie treats and some assorted pastries (similar to the ones they serve at the Garden View Tea room at the GF.) Then we'll have iced tea and assorted hot teas and I'm going to add some juices/soft drinks as I forgot the kids would need drinks! (Can you tell they aren't my children?! :laughing:) It's costing about $34pp and I'm really happy with that! It will be a fabulous afternoon I'm sure!

Now I need to find something to wear! :thumbsup2

My mums designer at work is designing our save the dates/invites/menus for the tea party...and only charging us a cup of coffee and a chocolate biscuit but I think we can stretch to a whole tin of chocolate biscuits! We are looking at possibly doing something 3D and maybe adding some sparkle too (I love sparkle :lovestruc what girl doesn't?!) When we get them back I'll post a picture!

I love your ideas for the tea party. It sounds like it's all going to come out really nice..btw I don't blame you about the cupcakes for the kids I would've done the same. :rotfl:

Thanks FutureMrs.B! Glad I'm not alone on that and don't look too cheap!! :rotfl:

Sooooo...I'm still 'patiently' waiting for my floral budget. Had an email from both Carol and her assistant Jessie today but nothing from Warren...yet! There's still time...if not fingers crossed I'll get something Wednesday!!

I've been home sick today :sick: and I was feeling better until I got some bad news! Normally, when we get our dollars we just get them from whichever travel agent has the best deal! But the last couple of times we've been away we've got them from a website as they always offer a better deal. We've never had any problems until today...I was just sitting here scanning the boards when DF gets a call from my dad (I didn't know it was my dad at the time). I'm super nosey so was staring at the computer but actually listening to him! ;) Our good friends recently had some really bad news (I wont go into details as it's too depressing/upsetting to be posting on my PJ) but I first thought it was to do with them but then the conversation moved on and I thought it was someone important (like BM or photographer) saying they couldn't make it to the wedding! :worried: When DF finally got off the phone I casually asked, 'who was that?' and when he said my dad I was thinking, 'oh cool, so no ones dropping out then!' :) but then he dropped the bombshell...the company we buy our dollars from has gone into administration and we've lost our money! :scared1: All £1000 of it (it was about $1700ish) Ok, this is when the tears start :sad1: and I become hysterical!! 'What do you mean they've lost our money?!?!? We've been saving for this wedding for over 2 years...we cant just magically reproduce £1000!!' Then DF says ' your parents are going to cover the cost so we wont be losing anything.' Amazing, right? This is when I realise how amazingly lucky I am and how truly amazing and generous my parents are! (well actually I already knew that but it just reminded me!) We don't want to take their money. After all, they've lost their money too and it was probably more than what DF and I have lost. They are going through the motions as apparently there's about 1300 people who have been affected and it could take years to get the money back. IF they can get it back. DF said my Dad won't take no for an answer (both my parents can be very stubborn when it comes to things like this but as my mum always says there'll be a time when they can't do this. So they want to enjoy spoiling us while they can.) So now the tears are drying up and I can breathe again knowing we haven't lost everything. Of course we are going to try and find a way to repay them but it won't be until after the wedding when we can stop saving and give the money back to them! But for now, at least it's one less thing to worry about.

While I'm waiting for my floral budget to arrive I'll try and get some pictures posted over the next few days of the kind of thing we are going for! And when it does finally arrive I'll post it and fingers crossed, we'll be under budget!! :worried:

Wow I'm very sorry to hear that you had to go through this. However your parent's sound like such wonderful people and it shows how much the love you. Hopefully something can be worked out and everyone who lost their money will be able to get it back. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter