Kelyn's Post-Pregnancy WISH JOURNAL (Comments welcome!)

:wave2: Welcome back Kelly,
Thanks for sharing the pics of the honeymoon. Love the ones with the mexican hats :teeth: ! I'll be looking forward to you trip report when you have the time to write it. Good luck with the class!

I know! I know!! I think I know why you were dressed up in the last honeymoon pic!! Were you "extras" in a certain show????

I'm so glad to hear you had a great time on your magical honeymoon! Now it's back to reality and making a new routine for the two of you - the start of wedded bliss!!

I'm sending you :sunny: and best wishes for a wonderful holiday weekend!

Hey Everyone!! I haven't been on this board in such a long time but I figure I should come back because I got so much encouragement while I was here!

As some of you may remember, I was on these boards as I lost weight before my wedding in June and my honeymoon to Disney(fantastic time!). I lost 22 pounds and felt great:) But of course my gym membership at the college I graduated from ran out in August and once it got cold out I didn't excercise much and I started eating badly again. But things are looking up since we got a treadmill a little while ago and I've gotten back in a routine. I've lost 5 pounds in the last three weeks:) My goal is to lose another 7 before my birthday on March 9th and 20 altogether before our 7 year anniversary on May 16th:) Wish me luck!

I walked and jogged on the treadmill today for an hour, did some pushups, and 20 minutes of advanced winsor pilates. I feel so good right now!! I'm also going to clean our bedroom in a minute so I think that will count as some good excercise too!

My stats:
Height:5'5"
Weight at my highest May 2003: 175
Weight on my wedding day June 2004: 153
Current Weight: 160
Goal Weight by my Birthday March 9th: 153
Goal Weight by our 7 year anniversary May 16th: 140

I posted some pictures and talked about what I want to do next time we go to Disney in my Journal, check them out:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/kelyn39/51681.html

kelyn39 said:
Hey Everyone!! I haven't been on this board in such a long time but I figure I should come back because I got so much encouragement while I was here!

Welcome back!! Glad to have another Wish-er to root for! :cheer2:

Thanks Tracy! It feels so good to be back here!! :wave:

I had a great day today:)

I was on the treadmill today for an hour:)
I did my 8 minute ab video.
Some more push-ups, 2 reps of 12
and finally had a great time playing Raquetball with my husband and my friend Val for over an hour!:)

Total workout time today: 2 hours and 10 mins! :bounce:

It felt good to get out of the house and excercise. Hopefully this will become a weekly event!

My husband I just got back from the grocery store. We got a lot more healthy food then we have in the past, including lettuce, tomatoes, onions and celery:) Can't wait to start seeing the results!

Now I should get my husband on here, he's doing well in his weight-loss as well, he's not excercising as much as he should but at least he's eating a lot better and he's lost 20 pounds since May!

Thanks everyone again:) It's so great to be back!

:cool1: Woo HOOO!! I weighed myself this morning as a start to my February challenge that I've taken to lose 5 pounds. Well it looks like I lost a pound!!! I'm back in the 150's now:) Only ten more to get to the 140's! Plus only 7 (edit: can't do the math today!! only 6 more pounds) more till my b-day goal, I can soo do that! Yeah:) That's all the encouragement I needed today:) :cheer2:

Kelly, so nice to see you back here!! :hug:

You are already on a roll and making friends with the scale!! Good for you! Congrats on one pound gone forever! Keep it up and you'll be feeling great by your birthday! ::yes::

Make it a great day! :sunny:

kelyn39 said:
:cool1:Plus only 7 more till my b-day goal, I can soo do that! Yeah:) That's all the encouragement I needed today:) :cheer2:

Our birthdays are close (mine's March 3), so here's a little :wizard: to ensure our success!!

Hi Kelly!

Thank you for posting in my journal. I really appreciate your support!

Congratulations on seeing weight loss already! What a great way to start heading towards your new goals! You can do it Kelly! :cheer2:

Your wedding dress (in your sig) is beautiful! I bet your wedding day had you on :cloud9: . :teeth:

I read in your journal all of the things that you would like to do when you go back to WDW. Do you and your husband have plans to return anytime soon? We're trying for a return trip in May before our daughter turns 3. She's still free at WDW now! :teeth:

Have a great day, Kelly! :sunny:

Tracy, yeah my wedding dress was gorgeous!! I'm so glad I actually got to fit in it. That was my inspiration for losing weight. I ordered it off ebay in what I thought was my size, not knowing that a wedding dress in 14 is like a regular size 12 dress. In the end the dress had to be taken in a lot on the sides because I lost so much weight! :bride: Our wedding day was so incredible though, it all went so well and we both had the biggest grins for weeks! :teeth: We hope to go back to Disney next year and we'll probably bring my mom along. She's never been and I know she'll just love it! We're definitely hoping to go back before we have kids because it was so nice to have complete freedom there to go wherever we want. Then someday our kids will be able to pick all the places they want to go:)

So today was kind of a crappy workout day. I tried going on the treadmill twice, but both times were interrupted by my upset stomach. This problem may be caused by my possible lactose intolerance but I'm not sure. I only managed to get 30 minutes in on the treadmill, which still isn't bad so I shouldn't complain! I also taped a whole bunch of workouts that were on FitTV this morning and ended up picking one that worked out my butt and thighs. I could definitely feel the burn!

My eating habits have continued to get better lately. Instead of eating a cookie today I had a banana:) :banana: Oh man and I've been drinking so much water it's crazy!! Now I know what pregnant women must feel like. I swear I went to the bathroom 3 times in an hour at one point. And then to top it off, I had just fallen asleep last night when I woke up because I had to go!!! I never do that unless I drank too much alcohol:) I'm also feeling much better now that I've quit drinking soda. I used to drink about 3-4 a day during college, then the last few months I've been down to just one a day, but now it's maybe one a week at the most!! I thought I would have had more migraines but they didn't last more then a day or two.

I put a new group of songs on my mp3 player today which helped a lot:

Gwen Stefani: What You Waiting For
Frou Frou: Holding Out for a Hero
Joss Stone: Super Duper Love
Lipps Inc.: Funkytown
Bollywood Hollywood: Sona Sona Roop Hai
Fountains of Wayne: Red Dragon Tattoo
Green Day: American Idiot
The 5, 6, 7, 8's: Woo Hoo
Kill Bill Theme
Udit Narayan: Chori Chori Gori Se
Pink: Humble Neighborhoods
Punjabi MC: Knightrider Remix
Rolling Stones: Paint It Black
Sheryl Crow: Keep On Growing

LOL Yes I have a weird mix there! I just discovered a new-found appreciation for Bollywood music:) Though I might kill myself on my treadmill when the songs come on because I want to dance :cool1:

I only had time for a quick workout this morning cause I'm headed to my sister's in Rochester in a little bit. I did 20 minutes on the treadmill with my 3 pound weights. I usually don't sweat too much during a regular 20 minutes so I guess the 3 pound weights helped. It felt awesome:) Alright see everyone later! Have a great day!

So I spent the last couple days in Rochester visiting my sister. Didn't get to do my regular workout but I did play around with the kids and my mom and I cleaned up the house while my sister took her younger daughter to preschool. So I wasn't on my butt the whole time I was there:) I think it did my muscles some good to relax for a bit, they were hurting after that butt and thigh workout the other day. I've been drinking loads of water and stayed away from the tempting coffee that was offered to me!

So I weighed myself today and I lost another pound!! I'm so excited! That's one pound down for me towards my b-day goal, only 5 more to go!! And only 4 more for the February challege:)

Ok gotta go, I'll update later with my workout info for the day!

So today has been a good day with the motivation that I lost another pound:) For my workout today I did a 30 minute high intensity aerobics tape that concentrated on glutes and thighs and then did 30 minutes on the treadmill with 3 pound weights and speed walking at 4.0 mph. The tape was hard for me to get used to because it had some pretty complicated moves that kept changing every few seconds. :cool1: LOL it made me want to reach through the tv and smack the grin off the instuctor's face. I mean seriously what person is that happy when they are working out??!! But in the end it got me going so that's all that matters. I'll just pick a different workout tomorrow!

So I had some fun today exploring the Discovery Health Website. I discovered that I'm still in the overweight category with a BMI of 26.3:( But I'm happy to say that I used to almost be in the obese category last year with a BMI of 29.2. I'll be in the fit category if I reach my goal with a BMI of 23.3. Happy news :cheer2:

Then I checked out the National Body Challege Website and made myself an ideal body model. It's kinda neat to see a model of what I looked like before, what I look like now, and what I want to look like at my goal. It's actually pretty acurate, except for the arms, which I really need to work on!

My all time high weight of 175 versus my goal weight of 140: :earseek:
175to140front.bmp

My current weight of 158 versus my goal weight of 140:
158to140front.bmp

I just keep imagining what I'll look and feel like when I'm at 140, I can't wait! :Pinkbounc

That is a cool thing Kelly! It must really keep you motivated! Kepp up the great work!

So last night before I went to bed I felt horrible. My throat started to get soar and I was getting the chills constantly. I didn't sleep very well. I kept getting thirsty but when I drank water it hurt pretty bad going down. I stayed in bed for most of the morning with a headache but I managed to get a whole water bottle down. I took some Advil, had another bottle of water and started to feel a lot better. My throat doesn't hurt as much and I got a little energy, so I decided I did enough sitting around and decided to work out. It didn't take much to start sweating profusely. I worked on my arms, did pushups, weights, etc. Then some ab excercises. Finally I got on the treadmill but only did about 20 minutes because I was feeling kinda tired. But now I feel pretty good. I think it helped to just move around a little bit. I don't think I pushed myself too hard. I just didn't feel like I could sit on my butt all day long. I drank another half a bottle of water and I've been to the bathroom constantly!! Maybe this will help me get over what I have faster. Usually when I get sick I'm sick for about 4 days. I hope my immune system has improved lately since I've been eating better. I have a feeling I'll feel much better tomorrow. Plus I'm about to go pamper myself and go take a bath with my jet mat that my husband got me for Christmas. It works wonders. I was sick on Christmas and it made me feel much better and relaxed my muscles. That should do the trick:) Tomorrow I'm getting a free haircut by a friend who's going to cosmetology school. LOL wish me luck! I hope she does a good job!! :crazy:

Have a great night everyone! Enjoy the Super Bowl! I had to promise my DH that I won't watch it till he comes home from work at 10:30:)

Hope you are feeling better Kelly! A bunch of us has been the sick route!!! Take good care of yourself! :grouphug:

I hope you start feeling better soon, Kelly. The flu is making it's rounds at my house too, but I'm hoping it's on its way out the door for good. Take good care of you!

Thank you everyone for your concern!! I still feel pretty bad, and yesterday didn't help. So yesterday I went with a girl to her state board exam to get her certification for hairdressing. SHE BUTCHERED MY HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's horrible!!! My hair was great yesterday morning, it was down to my shoulders. She originally told my husband that all she would do is layer my hair. Well now it's only 5 1/2 inches all around my head!!! I have a big puff ball afro thing going on!!! I cried so bad last night. I'm not one to cry over haircuts. I'm willing to cut my hair short. Heck when I got married it was half-way down my back and I chopped it off to my chin when I got back to the honeymoon. But that was a hairstyle!!!! This is nothing. I can't do anything with it!! It's just the same length all over my head. She offered to fix it today if I didn't like it (I didn't get to see my hair allllll day long, it was constanly in rollers, teased, fingerwaved, and there was no mirror at the exam!!!). There's no way I'm going back to her today, I'm going to another salon in town. My husband felt so bad since he was the one who told her I'd probably be up for volunteering. He wanted to call her last night and say "What the **** did you do to my wife???!!!" He was so sweet to and kept reassuring me that they could fix my hair. He even stood there in the mirror trying to make it look pretty. LOL that wasn't happening though! I'm so mad, I'll write later, and if I'm brave enough I'll take a before and after picture!

The only good that came out of this is I probably lost a couple pounds in hair :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter