Kelyn's Post-Pregnancy WISH JOURNAL (Comments welcome!)

Ha ha, I think it was a combo of the horrible haircut and I've been eating really well the last few days, because I lost another 2 pounds!!! I weigh 156 now!!! Only 3 pounds off my March 9th goal!! YEAH!!!!!!

You are much nicer then I am... I would never let a "trainee" work on my hair. Hope it has improved. Did she pass after this????

Congrats on the weight loss.

Good advice Carol!! I'll never let someone inexperienced touch my hair again. I feel good that I helped someone, but then again, should she be cutting hair??? I hope she improves!

So I finally uploaded some pics from my comp, now I have some recent before and after pics, not just of the bad haircut, but my weightloss since January:

Here's a before pic of me, Christmas 2004 weight: 165

IMAG0012.jpg

My bad haircut before:

IMAG0021.jpg

My second haircut today, and now 9 pounds lighter since January, lol you can see all the weight left my face!!

IMAG0028.jpg

My hair feels much better now, at least something with a little style, the other wasn't a style at all!! I have thick wavy hair, it just didn't work on me at all! But, oh well, hair grows!

Ha ha, forgot to add my workout for the day, I did 20 minutes of advanced Winsor Pilates, 10 minutes of arms, and 30 minutes on the treadmill. Not too bad! Can't wait to up the time again when I'm feeling better! Still drinking all that water, probably about 90 oz a day! My skin is looking a lot better I noticed, and it's not as dry. I love all the changes I'm seeing :flower:

So yesterday's workout went really well. I started by working on my arms which need a lot of work. When I started on the treadmill I thought I wouldn't run that much because I felt tired, but I pushed myself a little bit and kept doing my 2 min intervals of running and actually did 10 mins of running in the end:) I was on the treadmill for 30 minutes and walked at speeds from 3.5-4.0 and ran at 5.5. It felt really good, I'm glad I pushed myself. Sometimes it's really hard for me to keep going. I think it was easier when I used to go in the gym because I was surrounded by skinny girls on the treadmills who would basically run the whole 20 min.

Despite being a bit bloated at the moment, my clothes are fitting much better. Last month I was getting to the point where my 12 jeans were about to not fit me anymore when I started working out again. Now I have lots of room in the waist:) I also noticed that my chubby ankles are looking a bit better and I'm getting more of a defined calf muscle. Now I can't wait for shorts weather:)

So I told my DH yesterday that I didn't want any candy or flowers or anything for Valentine's Day, lol all I wanted was a balance ball, so I picked one out yesterday:) We're never really big on Valentine's Day, I like to celebrate our anniversaries instead. LOL I got him some comic books. We're such geeks! So I happened to tape a show the other day on FitTV that used a balance ball. I just did it today and it was really great! I loved all the different excercises. It makes me feel like I'm in aerobics class again and not alone in my house:) So I just did 45 minutes of that and I'm going off again to find another on my tape hopefully. I'll update again later. Have a great day ladies!!

That is a great Valentine's day gift! We aren't really big on Valentines day either!

Yes it was an awesome gift sarahsmom! I've had so much fun using it already. So yesterday I did my earlier workout that I mentioned of 45 minutes of a Fit TV show that used weights and the balance ball. That was pretty cool, just need heavier weights now cause all I have are 3 pound weights. I also did 45 minutes on the treadmill and kicked up the intensity a bit and ran a bit longer. It was hard but I pushed through it. LOL I always have these long conversations with myself when I'm on the treadmill. I try to keep positive and think of what I'll feel like when I see the scale go down again.

I did really well yesterday with the food thing. My husband and I have the bad habbit of eating late since he usually works till 10 but yesterday we behaved! We had dinner around 5:30 then went to a hockey game at 7 and a movie at 10 so we weren't home till 1am!! We were so hungry when we got home but we just went straight to bed so we wouldn't think about it and woke up this morning and had breakfast. It felt good that I had the will power to wait, lol plus I was so tired by the time I got home I don't think I could have made anything.

Today I worked out for 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I first did an hour workout using the balance ball. I did all the excercises that were included on a sheet with the ball. LOL some were hard to do and I ended up having to let some of the air out of the ball because it was just too big for me. One excercise I was supposed to lay across the ball with it directly under my stomach and my hands on the floor and my knees on the floor. LOL I couldn't reach the floor with my hands! Then I definitely realized the ball was too big:)

Then I did an hour on the treadmill. I kicked it up another notch and walked at 4.0 for almost the entire time! It was hard to keep my short legs moving but it felt great. LOL I don't think I've ever sweat so much! I also increased my running spead to 5.8. It was hard to keep going but I tried to concentrate on the tv instead of the time.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm still at 156 which is awesome because this week I was sick and had my period so I managed about 4 workouts instead of 5. I'm glad I maintained at least! I lost a pound only 5 days ago so I think I'll see something in the next couple days:)

I had a great day today:) I had a lot of fun this afternoon and went with my mom to the mall to shop a bit and watch a movie. We saw The Wedding Date. Such a cute movie:) I highly recommend it if you are in the mood to watch very hot men for 100 minutes:) I also went to Famous Footwear to check out the shoes. I need to get new sneakers soon, mine are starting to wear on the backs and they're giving me blisters:( Well while I was walking around there I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and barely recognized myself! LOL the new shorter hair didn't help, but my body looked smaller!!! My jeans were hanging off me and I just got them for Christmas, they're a size 12:) I can't wait to buy a pair of 10's! I only have one mirror in our whole house, and that's just the bathroom cabinet one so it was kinda weird. LOL but great encouragement.

I worked out to another Cathe Friederick workout from Fit TV and man was it hard!! My butt hurts so bad, but at least it was challenging. I was getting into a rut where everything was getting easy so I need to continually step it up. I'm taping two of her videos tomorrow morning, and they both look really good. Next I did an hour on the treadmill. This time I did it with an incline instead of running. LOL the workout felt even harder. It was tough to stay on for the full 60 minutes but I was watching Gilmore Girls so that kept me going:)

I got my Disney planning DVD today so I'm off to watch the rest of it! It makes me wish I was back there. My mom watched part of it with me and loved it. She's never been but she plans on going with us hopefully next year. Maybe we can go for my 25th b-day next March:)

Have a great night everyone!!

That is AWESOME, Kelly! :cool1: Just think, those size 10's are just around the corner! :cheer2:

Thanks sarahsmom! Yeah I'm hoping that by my birthday I can at least fit into an American Eagle size 10 jean. LOL they are my favorite and always tend to fit the best. LOL I love them so much I hang on to my size 14 jeans because they are so comfy.

Today is going to be a great workout day, I can feel it. I plan on doing the Kick, Punch, Crunch workout I taped this morning and then later I'm going to play raquetball and go swimming with my husband and my friend Val.

I was wondering, does anyone have any goal ideas for what I should do while swimming, ie. laps, minutes, etc?

LOL It's been a long time since I went swimming, I think our honeymoon at Disney was the last time. At least I know my bathing suit will fit from then:)

Incredibly awesome workout today:) LOL but I can't write too much because I feel so incredibly drained!!

30 minutes of Kick Punch Crunch, lol couldn't do the whole thing because it was kinda hard, I need to get more coordinated.

45 minutes of Raquetball, fun when I wasn't getting hit with the ball:)

1 hour 15 minutes of swimming. Wow what a complete body workout, I'm going to feel this for the next few days!

Off to sleep like a baby!

WTG Kelly! That is really great! :cool1: Those pounds will be just melting away! :banana:

Thanks for the good wishes sarahsmom!! I lost another pound:) Thank god because I felt really bad eating pizza last night, but I hadn't had anything yesterday except some toast with peanut butter, celery with peanut butter, and some cauliflower, lol I needed something other then peanut butter:)

I'm definitely going to go swimming more often. I think it will help me with my endurance. My friend Val would like to go three times a week. I think that would be awesome:) Let's hope that she's up for it tomorrow. I know I'd love to go!

So today I forgot to tape the upperbody workout that was on Fit TV so I guess I'll be doing my own today. I actually miss doing pilates since I've been switching up my videos lately so I think I'll do that.

Man I'm actually starting to like this workout thing! LOL I actually can't wait to get on the treadmill today! Crazy :banana:

Hey Kelyn,

I saw that you visited my journal and I just wanted to say that it's awesome that we are at the same place together. Hopefully we can stay connected throughout the journey. Yes, I cannot wait to see the 140's either...it will be so exciting. My ultimate goal is to get to 120 but of course that's not for a while. So, I will take the 140s right now.

Rachel

Hey Rachel! Thanks for visiting my journal. Yeah my short term goal is 140, don't know if I can get under that, lol I only did it once and that's when I played tennis in high school, lol ummmm 7 years ago. We'll see, but I know I'll never be able to get rid of carbs in my life so 140 it'll probably stay:)

I just got done working out for another 2 hours! I did an hour of work on the stability ball, I unfortunately couldn't do my pilates because my DH was taping some Nascar race:( lol I'll have to remind him to tape upstairs next time! Next I did an hour on the treadmill. I worked a bit on my stamina. I did two intervals of 5 minute running instead of my normal 2. Can't wait till I work back up to running a straight ten minutes. It's doable. I just think I'm not getting enough energy from what I'm eating in the morning. I'll have to concentrate on some regular meals from now on.

Anyway it's still a great day:) I'm so happy I lost another pound today. I added a ten pound clippie, I've lost 10 since last month :cool1:. I'm only one pound away from my February goal and 2 away from my b-day goal! So doable:)

I was much better in the food department today. A little after I woke up and had a bowl of corn flakes, then a sandwich for lunch, and currently my fantastic husband is making some type of mexican meal and I honestly don't care what the calorie count is lol I just need some food for some energy!!! I'm feeling really good in my body right now, I still have a lot of work to do but I don't think I should be disappointed with my current weight. I'll never be really skinny but I actually never want to be. I like my curves, they make me, me. As long as I feel healthy I'm happy! My husband said my skin was looking really good sorta glowing, probably because of all the water I've been drinking. He's sweet:) Lol he keeps me going even though he said he's around me too much and can't really tell I'm losing weight!

So today I did two fit tv workouts, 20 minutes of yoga and strength training and 40 minutes of leg and stability ball workout. I also did 30 minutes on the treadmill:) I'm getting close to my monthly goal of working out for 1500 minutes. I'll try to surpass that though if I can :cool1:

Have a great weekend everyone! :sunny:

Hi Kelly!

You sound so positive and :sunny: ! That is wonderful!!! Keep up the good work and you will meet your 1500 minute goal! :cheer2:

Have a great weekend! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter