Kennedy Space Center

We are looking forward to visiting Kennedy Space Center in Spring of next year (2009).

It would be helpful to know if next years tickets are being released yet!!!

PS: I think the sour grapes here, and the negative comments made by DISers (current or 'EX'...) might be unwarranted.

It will be disheartening to find out that a small perk may no longer be available because people have been calling and posting all over.. "WHINE!!! WHINE!!! WHINE!!! other people have gotten these.. (as I KNOW FROM THE DIS....) where are MINE!!! MINE!!! MINE!!!! :sad2:

Goodness Gracious. If you wanna gripe about this little perk available to our highest national representatives.. you really need to get a life. If you really know the magnitude of other HUGE and legally questionable perks they get... This is really not one to gripe about.

Okay, I know that some of my previous post sounds a bit harsh... So, I do want to acknowledge that and to say that I meant no offense to any particular people!!! Just some general thoughts that I felt should be said.

And, good news!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed... I emailed my Senator's office here in my state... I was very very respectful and appreciative... I asked if it might be possible to request passes for next year this far in advance... This person called or emailed out to the Senator's DC office, to the person who handles these things, and emailed me back with a direct phone number, telling me the name of this contact, and that they were expecting my call. :worship:

I called this number, and my request has now been forwarded for KSC for next spring. If there are no problems or surprizes, I should recieve our email confirmation as soon as it goes thru. I am so happy, and feel so lucky!!!

I am sure that this is not a high priority program/perk... and I am glad that my Senator's office was familiar with this, and had most probably requested an allotment of tickets to pass along!!! :goodvibes

Just be aware that this is 'Pixie Dust'!!! (Not necessarily a 'given')

I sent an email to my congressman last nite.His aid called me today.She told me yes they did use to do this,and that she got tickets last year for a family.She called for me, and was told that they no longer give out free tickets.She was told that it was put on a message board that you could get them and people got greedy, asking for 10 tickets each etc.They were all used up for the year and that they put an end to it.So looks like we are SOL!lol

Yep, that sounds like what is being posted on this thread... sigh....

One post said that this year's tickets have now run out... Were you looking for tickets for this year?

I am requesting tickets for next year, and it seems so-far-so-good.
Of course, I am aware that I could get an email or a phone call tomorrow with an "I am sorry, but we are unable to....."

We will see...

Here are two quotes from earlier in this thread...

Here is the e-mail that I received today.....

NASA has already consumed its annual allocation of complimentary tickets for this year. Tickets may be purchased online at the following website. http://kennedyspacecenter.stores.yahoo.net/

Heres the answer from Hilary Clintons office.....
Unfortunately NASA has already consumed its annual allocation of complimentary tickets for the Kennedy Space Center this year, ...

They are both the same response, and both say "this year"...

Has anyone used the tickets from their representatives? Any problems? Was it a great day? What did you do?

Just used mine last week. No problems at all. We saw the 3D movie about the space station. It was really great. We also took the tour buses to the different stops. My husband and I really enjoyed our day. My 2 daughters were kind of bored. But I'm still glad they went, I like expose them to different experiences.

We went to KSC a few weeks ago.We had a good time,however the heat was murder.Also is it me or did anyone else think the people who work there are very rude?3 or 4 diff people were so rude.When you ge there and you put your tickets into the machine,the person said bar side up.Well I just looked at my ticket and seen this black strip on the top.I though that was the bar.Dude yells at me saying "I said bar side up"!I was like hey man chill out.The my wife and I came back at 3:20 to see the 3d movie.They had already taken everone inside.My wife asked would we be able to catch the 3:30 movie.The lady(her name was Pam)who ran the 3d movie,slamed down this sigh and it said movie is full.Had we seen the sigh we would not of asked.She yelld and said "read the sighn"!I was like hey lady you just slamed it down and we could not of seen it, since it was not there.Then the lady behind us(it was a sunday when we were there) told her why dont you look for a diff job if you dont like working on sundays?lol
So anyways I stoped and told the manager how rude she was to us.The guy told us he was very sorry and that he has has trouble (pam)with her before.He then said I want to refund your money.So we did end up getting back our money.Cost us over $130.00 to get in.I really was not looking for a refund,just wanted to let him know how damn rude she was!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter