Kim is gone....Nat is gone

I like suger cookies... But not my favorite.

But not my favorite.... No those would be homemade TOLL HOUSE... Made by Parkhopers wife Suzi.... Yup those are my favorites.

amid chaos said:
Want to be naughty and talk about something other than gardening? Something OFF TOPIC!!! My mother would call me "ornery" when I do something just to be naughty. :Pinkbounc ..............
I still wanna be naughty and off topic....

It is 9:30 p.m. on Monday night. What do you suppose Snowwark is doing now? .... Leaving Epcot after Illuminations and heading over to Beaches and Cream for some ice cream dessert???

What do YOU suppose she is doing at the time you post? :scratchin

I hope she was at Beaches and Cream..Yum!
I was supposed to leave tomorrow to meet up with Kim, bernie, Gina and the rest but due to health issues I had to cancel last week...i'm bummmed.

OK Nat...fig newtons????

and here some interesting fig newton information.

FIG NEWTONS
Fig Newtons were created in 1891 by the Kennedy Biscuit Works in Cambridgeport, Massachusetts. They had named many of their other cookies for nearby towns, and almost called it the "Fig Shrewsbury" before Newton won out.

The following alternate story is from an article in the St. Petersburg Times, 1998: "The man who originated the Fig Newton, Charles Roser put his cookie recipe to work in his factory in Kenton, Ohio, and sold out to Nabisco in 1910, says Ray Arsenault, in ‘St. Petersburg and the Florida Dream.’”

According to Nabisco: Fig Newtons were named after either Sir Isaac Newton or the town of Newton, Massachussettes

Fig Newtons were one of the first commercially baked products in America.

This cookie is the 3rd most popular cookie in the U.S., over 1 billion are consumed each year.

.......and look, here's a recipe!!!!...
Fig Newtons
Cookie Ingredients

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup shortening

1 egg

1/2 cup milk

3 cups flour

4 tsp. cream of tartar

2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

Fig Filling

1 tbsp. flour

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup water

1 cup ground dry fig

Cream together sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Stir in egg and milk and beat until smooth. Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture and stir until dough is stiff. Add more flour if needed to make a stiff dough. Roll out on a floured board to a 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with a 2 inch cookie cutter or into rectangles about 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Place a spoonful of fig filling in center of one cookie and top with another. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 13 minutes. Makes about 40 fig newtons

Hi all, just passing by to see how things are. I just love the way the air smells when you pass by a Nabisco factory. There was one in NE Philadelphia, that smelled heavenly!

Bobbi :D

I had some time coming to me so I took this week off to get things done for the holidays. I am shampooing my carpets today. Hope to get the tree up tomorrow. I also hope to get some cooking done for the freezer. Our tradition for Christmas dinner is spaghetti. I bought some of those cookies that all you have to do is put them on the cookie sheet and bake. The have trees, snow men and other things imbedded in them. Not bad. My DGS likes them and he is a really picky eater. Maybe Nat will like them too.

Chessie...I am so impressed! Ummm....If you have some extra time...ummm, I have a...umm...list....a long list.

Do you like to bake? I need to bake and build 40 gingerbread houses...wanna help?

40 gingerbread houses!!! OMG. Sounds like a group project. Call up all your friends and tell them everyone meet at your house for gingerbread and coffee. However many friends show up make that many more and each one can go home with a gingerbread house. We used to do that at cider pressing time.

Sounds like everyone is busy, busy, busy!

We had our Gingerbread House Party the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It's been a busy 2 months here too, Painted and stenciled the living room, and dining room. Almost the whole family was here for Thanksgiving, barely finished cleaning up and everyone returned for our Gingerbread Party. An all day event, we decorate our GB Houses, make our wreaths and kissing balls. With that behind us it was time to shop. With the shopping finished, Sunday we had everyone over again for Caoilinn's Birthday Party. (7) A few words from DH "Please no more party's for a while" He! He! Guess I'll give him a break for a while anyways!

In between everything I made and decorated the shop. It looks lovely and the owner complemented me on Monday on how good it looks.

Drum Roll! It's finally time to pack. A much need vacation. Mickey here I come! We leave on Saturday with friends. Cookie making will have to wait until I return. I realized something this year, I think I do too much for the holidays. It's been hard to cram a months worth of work into 2 weeks, you get to the point where you don't know who you are or where your going, or what's next on the list. . Never sit down, once you do it's all over.

Anyways all my hoildays chores are mostly done.

We are all anticipating the arrival of our new Grandson, DIL is do well. Baby is growing, growing, growing. She's huge! 2 and half months to go and our new bundle of joy arrives. I'll have to get him some Disney items while on vacation.

Amid, Good Luck with 40 houses. I thought a dozen was a lot. Takes me a week to get them baked, and put together and ready to decorate. Hope your going to have help. Sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip, wish I was there with everyone too. My friend Larry made all the arrangements. I thought we were going this week come to find out it was the week after. I was not a happy camper when He told me the dates. We arrive the day after everyone goes home. They say if you want something done your way do it yourself. As disappointed as I was it's going to be lots of fun. We are meeting up with friends from Alanta that I haven't seen in a couple of years.

From someone who doesn't know what day it is, or what she's doing, take it slow and enjoy the Holidays. My R&R is coming in 3 days and I be ready to bake the night away when I return.

Enjoy a wonderful vacation, Mamu! Have fun with your friends!

Bobbi :D

Have a great time.... And enjoy your vacation.

The off topic discussion today is Holiday music! What are some of your favorites?

I love Trans Siberian Orchestra's THE CHRISTMAS ATTIC

But, there is nothing like Josh Groban singing O HOLY NIGHT (it's enough to make you go back to church) and his new song from The Polar Express, BELIEVE, is pretty good too.

I also enjoy George Winston's DECEMBER. Hard to believe that one is over 20 years old. this was the first CD we ever bought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter