Kim is gone....Nat is gone

You're going back to the World, Nat? Lucky guy!!! :) Are you camping again? Bringing a turkey to cook? :)

Bobbi, my parent's cottage is near Barry's Bay, Ontario. It's a small town of about 1300 people originally settled by immigrants of Polish and Irish extraction. :)

The shops in town reflect this. We have Yantha's Bakery and Enterprises, Yakabuski's Hardware, Alfelski's Shoe Store, etc. Some great places to eat too! :)

I hope you have a wonderful time at your gathering! :) A very Happy 85th Birthday to your Mom! :)

Vanessa, I adore peanut brittle! ::yes:: How are the gingerbread houses coming along?

My Mother used to make the most delicious fruit cake. It was a ton of work and had to 'rest' for at least a month before you could eat it. It was so moist and flavourful, we loved it. Unfortunately, it's too much work for her to do now, and none of us have learned how to make it. :( People often make jokes about fruit cake, and there are some pretty tasteless cakes out there, but her cake was heavenly!! :)

Here's the pic of Amid's new kitchen! I think Tulirose was asking about it? :)

vanessakitchsept.04.jpg

Sigh.....it's gorgeous!!!! :love:

Last batch of gingerbread just came out of the oven. glad that's done. I'll finish assembling tomorrow and then just get the house ready for 30 kids and then the adults after that.
Thanks for finding the picture of the kitchen, kim. That double oven sure is making this job easier!!!! I'm having fun decorating too.
Kim, I think you better make some time some afternoon and make some fruit cake with your mom. So what if it's valentine fruit cake. These things are important!! LOL

I'm in love with Amid's kitchen!!

Tonight was office Christmas party! We had a blast! Such fun. AND today was hand out the bonuses day at work. Think I got the same as last year which I am very happy with.

Kim - We missed you. We don't want to pretend you are not here. We love ya!

bobbiwoz - If you have the chance in the short time frame before you leave for the trip, I would love the words to the Polish Christmas music. If it's in Polish, I won't be able to read it but would still like it anyway.

Played the old songs yesterday. Brought back memories of all us kids bobbing and hopping around to the Polish beat..... come to think of it, my coworkers and I were doing the same thing this evening but to a different beat. Times don't change. Maybe people and music do but once you get that bopping/hopping thing going, it stays with you for life.

Sending you a PM bobbiwoz.

Amid's kitchen looks fabulous, and the meals must be extra tasty in those surroundings. Yummy.

I don't have a scanner, to use to send the song sheet that I made up, if anyone would like to have it via snail mail, I'll be happy to send it. We leave tomorrow, and I/we don't have lots to do. DH has a wonderful attitude, if we don't have it with us, there are credit cards! That takes the pressure off of packing.

I hope this link works, I've found a few sites with Polish Christmas carols and music on line, here's one:

http://acweb.colum.edu/users/agunkel/homepage/polxmas.html

Kim, is it very cold in winters in Barry's Bay, Ontario? It sounds cold to me. All of my and my DH's grandparents came from Poland, and all of our DDil's great grandparents came from Ireland, so our DGChildren have the same ethnic blend as the town.

I will give mom a special greeting from you, Kim. We always had fruitcake for Christmas, not homemade, no one knew how, but we had to have the one that was bought at an A&P, DD thought that was the best! I'm sure your mom's was even better!

Bobbi :D

bobbiwoz said:
Amid's kitchen looks fabulous, and the meals must be extra tasty in those surroundings.

Kim, is it very cold in winters in Barry's Bay, Ontario? It sounds cold to me. All of my and my DH's grandparents came from Poland, and all of our DDil's great grandparents came from Ireland, so our DGChildren have the same ethnic blend as the town.

Bobbi :D

I imagine the winters in Barry's Bay would be a bit colder than ours, Bobbi, but not by much.

It's very rocky, hilly land, certainly not ideal for farming, but the area is very picturesque. This pic is taken from just outside of town, and although not great, gives you an idea of what the countryside is like. :)

barrysbhill2.jpg

Bobbi, have a wonderful trip, and a very Merry Christmas! :)

Tulirose, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the office party, but especially happy you're pleased with your bonus!! :)

Vanessa, you're right, I just may have to learn how to make it! I hope my Mom remembers what she did with the recipe!!

Gina, if I ever get one made, I'll send you a big hunk, okay? ;) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter