Kim's maintenance rollercoaster. Wanna ride along? (all are welcome)

kimwim8

<font color=red>Won't admit to anything<br><font c
Some of you may know me from my previous journal (started in 2005):

Kim's new and improved life journal

I thought it might be time to start a new journal, since I really did reach that original goal. For those of you that don't want to read all 160+ pages of that old journal, here's a brief recap:

I hit my personal "rock bottom" in December 2005 when I came home from a wonderful WDW trip and saw pictures like this:
IMG_2204.jpg

I was way heavier than I'd ever been. So my sister and I started seeing a nutritionist, and I slowly began running, and by August 2006 I was a much happier, healthier me:
Image001.jpg

I found a great balance of running and eating for about a year, until my left hip decided to give me problems in the fall of 2007. I stopped running, began physical therapy (for bursitis) and kept eating the way I was. By eating that way and not exercising, I gained some of my weight back (about 12 pounds :headache: ).

I'd like to get 8 of those back off (the original 29 I had lost brought me down to 116, which was too low for me). I'd prefer to hang around the 120 mark. That's where I feel the best.

I just returned to the running program that worked the best for me last time (couch to 5k) and have finished week 2 of the program yesterday. :thumbsup2 My run days will be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - and I will mix in some pilates and ab work a couple days a week.

Anyone that would like to join my maintenance rollercoaster is certainly welcome! :wave2:

Hi Kim! Congratulations on the start of your new journal. It sounds like things are on the up-swing again for you, and I couldn't be happier for you! :thumbsup2

Yay! I love coasters!!! Let's hope there are way more nice downhills and not to o many nasty uphills ;)

Congrats on getting back to it...I wish you the best of luck!! Your photos prove that you can do what you put your mind to :)

Have a good day

Hey Kim,

Congrats on the new journal. Your photos show that not only can you achieve anything, but that you are beautiful at any size.

Congrats on getting back into the running. I know that will help you feel better.

Take care,
Beth

Rollercoaster??? I'm in!! Front row....hands in the air....screaming all the way down!!!

Thanks for posting the pics!! ;) (you look great too!!! LOL)
Keep up the good work girl!!

marie

Hi, Kim. Glad your hip is better and you are able to get back to running again. I am doing C25K, also (for the first time) and it is hard, but I am doing it! So I am happy to follow your journey as you get back to your fighting weight!

Have a good day!

Susan

Yay...Kim!!! I'm along for the ride!!! What a great transformation!!!

Stacie

I can't believe I actually admitted how much I've slipped. Ugh, that was hard. :sad2: But I'm working on it and WILL be back to that "after" picture. :thumbsup2

I've been working on my abs a lot in the past few days and am excited to get back out run/walking (actually walk/running at this point :goodvibes ) tomorrow.

Thanks so much, guys, for sticking with me. I love you ALL! :love:

So let's go guys....as Marie said - front row, hands in the air, screaming (with glee) all the way!!!

Love the new journal, Kim!:thumbsup2

I'm glad that your hip is feeling better.:goodvibes Hope you have a great run today!:hug:

Well, I made it through week 3, day 1 today. Still feeling good so far. :woohoo: I'll do some extra stretching tonight, as well as some bean work. :upsidedow

WTG, Kim! Are you outside? How's the weather treating you? What did you listen to? What hydration beverage are you using? We want DETAILS. :cool2:

WTG, Kim! Are you outside? How's the weather treating you? What did you listen to? What hydration beverage are you using? We want DETAILS. :cool2:

I feel as though I'm sitting in a cold metal chair with one light shining in my eyes. :scared:

Just kidding, C!! :laughing:

Yes, I've been running outside. Trying to avoid the TM for a while. Today is absolutely BEAUTIFUL in South Jersey! :cool2: overcast and 62 (I'm thinking it's the calm before a storm or something). Anyway - I could have easily worn shorts & a tshirt today, if only I check the weather before packing my running bag. :rolleyes1

I'm listening to The Hives right now when I run. They are awesome and really get me moving. :woohoo:

Hydration beverage - pretty much just water. Any suggestions?? :confused3 (although I'm allergic to artificial sweetners)

Thanks for checking in on me, my crazy running friend!:hug:

Hi Kim
Congrats on starting up your new journal :)
Glad your hip is on the mend & your starting to run again :)

I feel as though I'm sitting in a cold metal chair with one light shining in my eyes. :scared:

Just kidding, C!! :laughing:

Yes, I've been running outside. Trying to avoid the TM for a while. Today is absolutely BEAUTIFUL in South Jersey! :cool2: overcast and 62 (I'm thinking it's the calm before a storm or something). Anyway - I could have easily worn shorts & a tshirt today, if only I check the weather before packing my running bag. :rolleyes1

I'm listening to The Hives right now when I run. They are awesome and really get me moving. :woohoo:

Hydration beverage - pretty much just water. Any suggestions?? :confused3 (although I'm allergic to artificial sweetners)

Thanks for checking in on me, my crazy running friend!:hug:

I am envying your weather right now. Seriously envying. It sounds awesome.

I will have to check out The Hives.

Water is good. I think Propel used to be artifical sweetener-free, but these days has sucralose. :P I found something in the Tea section of the grocery store, though. It's got maltodextrin which....I don't know - are you allergic to that? And stevia. It's Celestial SEasonings Zingers to go (Tangerine orange wave). I suppose you could have herbal tea on your run if you wanted. But water is probably the best choice in any case!!! :)

Sorry for the inquisition. :hug: That's so great that your hip is doing so much better. Are you on a T,TH, Saturday schedule? Or more freestyle than that?

Hey woman,

I have just gotten into the Hives. I really like them too.

i am glad that your hip is hanging in there. You are doing great. You have accomplished the c25k once, and you will do it again.

Have a good one,
Beth

Corinna - yes, I'm on a T - Th - Sat schedule right now. :thumbsup2 . And I do drink a propel every once in a while, and haven't had a problem. I guess I just can't drink a lot. :confused3 I don't drink anything while I run - just afterwards. I can't have anything bouncing in my stomach (very sensitive stomach) :scared:

Tracey - nice to hear from you again! :hug: I've missed your wonderful british charm. :goodvibes

Beth - aren't The Hives great? :banana: My buddy Jen (blueeeyes101817) and I saw them open up for Maroon 5, and they were SO energetic! :dance3:

Thanks Tracy! :hug:

Nothing new to report. I'm ready for w3d2 tomorrow. :thumbsup2 (I kind of wish today was a running day - it was 72 degrees!!!) Again...calm before the storm? :confused3 I'm scared.:scared:

Did you say 72 degrees? Ahhhhhh...:cloud9: It was 59 degrees here the other day and my DH and I laughed about that being shorts weather in Ohio.:lmao:

Hope you have a great run today!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter