King Charles Coronation

The actual coronation ( the religious ceremony at Westminster Abbey) is reportedly going to be a lot shorter than that of Queen Elizabeth ll. However, there will of course be the televised build up, the who's who of who's arriving, the processions and balcony appearance. So it will still be quite a few hours!

It's a historic event. It's going to get plenty of coverage.
Still, I bet the not interested will be able to get on with their lives. Netflix? HBO?
Save some episodes of your favs to the DVR?
It may be important in the UK, but otherwise is meaningless ceremony. One channel covering it would be enough. You can’t watch it on 3 channels at once.

Looking forward to watching this with all of you! 👑

Note to self to try to arrange my schedule so I’m off, otherwise I’ll be watching it in the hospital with patients (which I’ve done plenty of times with some of these other royal events). 😝

It may be important in the UK, but otherwise is meaningless ceremony. One channel covering it would be enough. You can’t watch it on 3 channels at once.
I think it depends on what you consider meaningless. Does it impact our country & government, no, but the event has great meaning to many and is of interest to many, all around the world.

It is full of history, tradition, will be in attendance by many that we know from all over the world. Most of us were not alive to see one, and this may be our only chance should he live a long life. My ancestors are from England, so while in my day to day it has no meaning, it does mean something.

Honestly with all the options we have to watch on our televisions, no one has to watch it ~ television is pretty much not necessary at any time.

Well for those who would like to attend...$5800 (for 2) plus airfare for this itinerary. 🤴🏰👸
**edited to add**
I looked up airfare. It's comparable to a flight to Orlando over a holiday! 😳 🤦🏻‍♀️

KING CHARLES III CORONATION TOUR​

TOUR DATES: MAY 2 TO 8, 2023 (6 nights)

ITINERARY​

DAY 1
TUESDAY, 2 MAY 2023
Morning arrival into London Heathrow airport. Transfer to your city centre hotel. Meet your guide to start your tour. In the evening, enjoy a welcome drink with a glass of the King’s favourite tipple as you settle in for your pre-tour briefing with your guide, followed by dinner. Overnight.
DAY 2
WEDNESDAY, 3 MAY 2023
Visit Westminster Abbey, the site where the coronation will be held and where the King’s mother, Queen Elizabeth II had her coronation in 1953 and her funeral in 2022. As well as state funerals, the venue has also held royal weddings including that of the Prince and Princess of Wales, William and Catherine. In the afternoon enjoy a traditional Afternoon Tea in a top 5* London hotel, which holds the Royal Warrant, with an elegant twist – a workshop on high-class, Afternoon Tea etiquette. Is it scone as in stone or scone as in gone? Jam or cream first? Do you put milk in the teacup first or last? Including the history of afternoon tea and the proper use of a napkin, the correct manner and pace of eating and what to do in the event of an unfortunate spill! Overnight.
DAY 3
THURSDAY, 4 MAY 2023
Morning panoramic tour, focussing on sites associated with the Royal Family. Walking tour along the Mall to see St James’ Palace, where King Charles III was formally proclaimed at the Accession Council and Clarence House, the private residence of King Charles III and Camilla, The Queen Consort. Watch the colourful ceremony of the Changing of the Guard. Lunch. Afternoon visit to Kensington Palace – the official London residence of the Prince and Princess of Wales. Return to hotel. Overnight.
DAY 4
FRIDAY, 5 MAY 2023
Today you will visit Windsor - where Charles and Camilla were married. Windsor is home to the oldest and largest castle still in use by a Royal Family. It was a favourite residence of Queen Elizabeth II, where she spent most of her weekends whilst in London. Visit St George’s Chapel and see the final resting place of Queen Elizabeth II. Lunch in Windsor. In the afternoon visit Hampton Court Palace, Henry VIII’s impressive waterside palace with its Great Hall, Kitchens, Royal Bedchambers and the UK’s oldest surviving hedge maze. Return to hotel.
DAY 5
SATURDAY, 6 MAY 2023
This morning you will join the crowds along the Mall and watch the King’s Coronation procession, which is expected to include parading soldiers, horses, musicians and members of the Royal Family. The King, Queen Consort and members of the Royal Family will make an appearance on the Buckingham Palace balcony. Overnight
*More details for this day will be announced as and when they are released. **Please note that standing for long periods of time should be expected on this day.
DAY 6
SUNDAY, 7 MAY 2023
Visit to the Tower of London and Crown Jewels. Afternoon free time for shopping; your guide will point you in the direction of the famous Royal Warrant holder stores. Overnight
DAY 7
MONDAY, 8 MAY 2023
Breakfast. Check out and transfer to London Heathrow airport.

INCLUDED IN THE TOUR​

• 6 NIGHTS BED AND BREAKFAST IN A 4 STAR HOTEL
  • WELCOME DRINK, 1 DINNER, 2 LUNCHES AND 1 BOXED LUNCH
  • TOUR GUIDE, AIRPORT TRANSFERS, MOTOR COACH
  • 'ETIQUETTE IN AFTERNOON TEA' WORKSHOP
  • ENTRANCE FEES TO SITES INCLUDED IN ITINERARY

Last edited:
I won't lie, I have been looking forward to this for a long time. I certainly didn't want the Queen to pass, but at the same time I was very much looking forward to all the pomp and circumstance and all the tradition associated with a coronation.

And yay for pretty dresses and sparkly bling!

I doubt I will watch live but I will be watching tons of coverage in the lead up and perhaps record it to watch later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter