Kristi and Brian's Wedding **New Plans!**

Bummer about DF seeing your dress, shame on him! But, if he's anything like mine he won't even remember what it looks like by the time the day comes around, lol. Like the others said though you will look way better in the dress than a picture he saw of it and he will forget all about what he saw :)

So I got my shoes in today! Can I just say how much I LOVE them!! They are better than what I even imagined!!! They are going to look awesome!!

Brian finally picked out his wedding band. Here it is:
bweddingbd.jpg

I like it. It looks like him :)

Mine will have to be custom made. I don't think there's a band in the world that would fit it. Of course, it wouldn't be that easy...

I've decided on an all red rose bouquet with rhinestones in the roses. It would be really cool if I could put rhinestone mickeys in the roses. Any ideas on how to do this???

So I got my shoes in today! Can I just say how much I LOVE them!! They are better than what I even imagined!!! They are going to look awesome!!

Brian finally picked out his wedding band. Here it is:
bweddingbd.jpg

I like it. It looks like him :)

I've decided on an all red rose bouquet with rhinestones in the roses. It would be really cool if I could put rhinestone mickeys in the roses. Any ideas on how to do this???

Must post pics, got to see these shoes! Love the ring by the way :thumbsup2

I'm having mickey swarovski crystals in my bouquet. We are getting them from the Disney florist. They a $3 a piece. I saw a post somewhere and someone said that you could just buy the crystals. Not sure about that though. Maybe try going to www.disneyflorist.com and seeing if you can get in touch with someone about buying them! Hope this helps a little! Good luck!!

I'm having mickey swarovski crystals in my bouquet. We are getting them from the Disney florist. They a $3 a piece. I saw a post somewhere and someone said that you could just buy the crystals. Not sure about that though. Maybe try going to www.disneyflorist.com and seeing if you can get in touch with someone about buying them! Hope this helps a little! Good luck!!

Thanks!! I've looked for them everywhere I can think of! Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definately have to give them a call!!

LOVE the ring!! I want to go ring shopping for my DF! :)

I was looking up some mickey-shaped crystals, and did see that they sell some pretty cheap lots on ebay for mickey-shaped cystal earrings, so you could use those perhaps? And since earrings have a backing, it would be easier to attach them to the bouquet?

Mickey Earrings

LOVE the ring!! I want to go ring shopping for my DF! :)

I was looking up some mickey-shaped crystals, and did see that they sell some pretty cheap lots on ebay for mickey-shaped cystal earrings, so you could use those perhaps? And since earrings have a backing, it would be easier to attach them to the bouquet?

Mickey Earrings

Wonderful idea!! I knew I could count on you guys!! Do you think there would be a way to attach these to the bouquets?? I know it'd be easy with the silk flowers, but I'm not sure how with real. I was looking to see if maybe there was a way to attach the mickeys to something and maybe stick in the bouquet but I'm still at a loss....

I'm not sure where I saw this at, but someone used sewing pins. The ones with different color round tips. They stuck them in their real rose bouquet in the shape of mickey heads. Really cute. I've seen pearl ones before. Just another thought for you!:)

Wonderful idea!! I knew I could count on you guys!! Do you think there would be a way to attach these to the bouquets?? I know it'd be easy with the silk flowers, but I'm not sure how with real. I was looking to see if maybe there was a way to attach the mickeys to something and maybe stick in the bouquet but I'm still at a loss....

I think you saw the brooch bouquet I am making, most of the brooches I used either don't have backings or I used pretty earrings. I attached them to a 22 gauge wire that you find at stores like Hobby Lobby. There really is no right way to do this, you just have to have patience and a lot of hot glue :rotfl:, but it's doable to affix the Mickey earrings to one or two of those gauge wires and then wrap the whole thing with green corsage tape for a finish look like I am doing with mine. You just have to wrap the wire around the earring post and if there is no post create a hole of hot glue and stick the wire in there and twist it into a stem and then add more glue to secure it after that you cover the whole thing with the corsage tape to make a clean stem. If you're interested I can send you more detailed instructions on how to do it, just let me know :)

I'm not sure where I saw this at, but someone used sewing pins. The ones with different color round tips. They stuck them in their real rose bouquet in the shape of mickey heads. Really cute. I've seen pearl ones before. Just another thought for you!:)

Really cute idea!!

I think you saw the brooch bouquet I am making, most of the brooches I used either don't have backings or I used pretty earrings. I attached them to a 22 gauge wire that you find at stores like Hobby Lobby. There really is no right way to do this, you just have to have patience and a lot of hot glue :rotfl:, but it's doable to affix the Mickey earrings to one or two of those gauge wires and then wrap the whole thing with green corsage tape for a finish look like I am doing with mine. You just have to wrap the wire around the earring post and if there is no post create a hole of hot glue and stick the wire in there and twist it into a stem and then add more glue to secure it after that you cover the whole thing with the corsage tape to make a clean stem. If you're interested I can send you more detailed instructions on how to do it, just let me know :)

That would be great if you don't mind :)

just found your wedding journal and i'm sooo interested because i'm going to be a s&d bride to. I've been debating about the time line and even thought about a dessert party but i figured people maybe kinda hungry for dinner food and not desserts. so do you have the cali grill booked for your reception? who did you contact about that and any idea on prices? i may copy from you if you don't mind. how are you getting there from the S&D? sorry for all the questions.

That would be great if you don't mind :)

http://www.fancypantsweddings.com/how-to-design-a-brooch-bouquet/

Here's the site I used to learn how to attach the wire to brooches, you can do the same thing with earrings just do an initial wrap of wire around the earring based, the part that goes into your ear, use a bunch of hot glue, after it sets begin twisting the wire again like in the tutorial, after that do the corsage tape wrapping like for a clean finished look and volia!

just found your wedding journal and i'm sooo interested because i'm going to be a s&d bride to. I've been debating about the time line and even thought about a dessert party but i figured people maybe kinda hungry for dinner food and not desserts. so do you have the cali grill booked for your reception? who did you contact about that and any idea on prices? i may copy from you if you don't mind. how are you getting there from the S&D? sorry for all the questions.

Yeah we were looking at the dessert party as well, but we are getting married at 6:30 and figured people would be HUNGRY. And if the people that are coming to our wedding are anything like me, we get grouchy if we haven't eaten :rotfl2:
We actually cant book our reservations until 6 months in, so we haven't been able to. March 25th is marked on our calendar though. We aren't doing a "formal" reception at Cali Grill. We will (I think) only have about 20 people there, so we are making it more of just all of us going out to dinner. We are however, getting them to make us a cake. I've heard they are able to do almost anything you ask :) The cake, combined with the view of the fireworks are pretty much what made our decision on it though. It seems so much easier.
As far as getting there, I'm really not sure. I know everyone wants to ride the monorail after, and I'd like to get some wedding pics on it, so after we eat we are definately catching that since it's right there :)
When is your wedding date?

http://www.fancypantsweddings.com/how-to-design-a-brooch-bouquet/

Here's the site I used to learn how to attach the wire to brooches, you can do the same thing with earrings just do an initial wrap of wire around the earring based, the part that goes into your ear, use a bunch of hot glue, after it sets begin twisting the wire again like in the tutorial, after that do the corsage tape wrapping like for a clean finished look and volia!

You are wonderful!!! Thank you so much!!!

Can I get your opinions on this please?
Ok, so I change my mind constantly, and I just want to go ahead and order my jewelry so I'll stop!
Keeping in mind my dress, which jewelry do you think would look the best?
This:
yes2.jpg

yes1.jpg

or

annabrac.jpg

earrings1.jpg

The second set was what I originally fell in love with. I'm afraid it will be too big though. It's 7" including the clasp, but my wrists are 6". I don't mind wearing the bracelet a little higher on my wrist, but I don't want it falling off!
I found the first set last night and love that one as well. I'm just not sure what it would look like on me. The seller said she can make different color pearls so it would match my dress better. I'd get white, since there are little white pearls by the rhinestones on my dress.
Here's a "trying to be" closeup of the rhinestones on my dress:
1111111.jpg

I wish I could find this jewelry locally, but I've looked and apparently I'm too picky :)

They are both very nice. I figured the first one wouldn't match your dress, but kept reading and saw you could change the color of the pearls! I vote for the first one!! :) Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter