Lacey & Keith's 10/24/11 Wishes Wedding! ***honeymoon, day 4...updated 6/18***

pinkfairy1684

DIS Veteran
I've decided that it's time to finally start my own PJ! :)

I guess I should start at the beginning and tell you a little about us...I am 27 and work as a therapist in an outpatient substance abuse clinic. Keith is 37 and is a software engineer. We met about 4 years ago through mutual friends. I had been waiting (and waiting, and waiting, and waiting) for him to "pop the question" and it finally happened on September 30, 2010 while on vacation in Italy!

Apparently DF had the whole thing planned for MONTHS (AND told my best friend when he bought the ring--and she didn't spill the beans!!!). I had (not-so-secretly) hoped that he would propose while on this vacation. However, by the time we arrived in Venice seven days after the trip began, I was convinced it wasn't going to happen. We had already done so many romantic things--wine tastings in Tuscany, a romantic candle-lit dinner, ice cream by the Trevi Fountain! So when he got down on one knee while riding in a gondola, I was shocked! I couldn't believe that he had managed to keep that secret for such a long time! :love:

IMG_3021.jpg
Our first picture as an engaged couple!!

IMG_3024-1-1.jpg
THE RING--not the best quality picture, I know!

So here's what I have planned so far...

We are getting married on October 24, 2011 at SBP. Our ceremony will take place at 10am, followed by a brunch reception from 11-3pm at St. James Ballroom.

I have always dreamed of a Disney wedding (even before I was a CP in my early 20s) so I was THRILLED when DF agreed to let me have my dream wedding!!!

DF and I do share a few of the same goals for the big day: we want the wedding to be fun and memorable for everyone that attends. We are estimating that about 40 people will attend the wedding. Since all of our family and friends won't be able to make it to Disney, we are having another reception at home in Massachusetts about 2 weeks after we get back from our honeymoon (more about all that later...).

Now, a couple things you need to know about me: I am obsessed with polka dots and and my favorite color is hot pink. That being said, I have chosen my colors as hot pink, black, and white (with as many polka dots as I can manage without things looking too tacky!!!). I thought DF was going to kill me when I told him, but he just said "whatever you want!" Isn't he such a good guy??? :goodvibes

Menu:
Tinker Bell’s Brunch Buffet
Cocktail Hour
Fresh Fruit Display with Honey Yogurt Dip
Smoked Salmon served with Red Onion, Eggs, Capers,
Cream Cheese, Caviar, Dill, and Bagel Crisps
Macerated Berry Shot
Brunch Buffet
Oven-roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes with Braised Fennel and Parmesan Cheese
Maple-glazed Pork Sausage Links
Grilled Chicken with Wild Mushroom Ragout and Pinot Reduction
Penne Pasta with Artichoke Cream and Julienne Vegetables
Mickey Waffle Bar with Seasonal Berries, Warm Fruit Compote, Warm Maple Syrup,
and Whipped Cream
Egg Cookery Station:
Made-to-Order Omelets, Choice of Shrimp, Cheddar Cheese, Ham, Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, Goat Cheese, Spinach, Salsa, and Egg Substitute
Chocolate Crêpes with Cream Cheese and Fresh Berries
Cinnamon Rolls, Danish Pastries, Croissants, and Hard Rolls
Whipped Butter, Jams and Preserves
Assorted Juices, Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Iced Tea, and Selection of Teas

We have also decided to do open bar for our guests. I know it's brunch, but many of our guests like to drink (haha!) and it's a party, so why not?!? Along with the regular drinks, we are serving our signature cocktail---strawberry bellinis. Bellinis were rumored to be invented in Venice, which is where we were engaged.... :goodvibes

My Dress
I actually bought the second dress that I tried on. I went shopping with my MOH and matron of honor just to get an idea of what I wanted and fell in love with this dress:
mydress.jpg

You can actually see the details in this picture better...
1.jpg

The color of the dress is "pearl" and the lace is ivory. The designer is Essense of Australia

I ordered the dress a few months ago, and I can't believe it, but it's in already!!! I have the first fitting scheduled for summer (August, I think).

The Shoes
Even more than the dress, I am most excited to wear my SHOES!!!!
IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

I have been walking all over the house in these shoes. It is taking all the strength I have not to wear these out before the wedding!!!

Garter
IMG_3303.jpg
I bought this lovely little thing on etsy! So perfect!!!

Love your story!! So glad you started a PJ!!! :goodvibes

Your dress and shoes are beautiful!! :) I love the colors!!! Polka dots are awesome!!! :yay:

Can't wait to hear more about your plans!!! popcorn::

I just posted on your first post thread, hehe. LOVE your wedding date, and of course when I stumbled onto your PJ, I LOVE everything else. :lovestruc
Your dress looks gorgeous on you, and the shoes are awesome. Did they come with the red little hearts on the bottom, or did you add those on too?
I also really like the color scheme, black and white with hot pink is definitely FUN! Love the polka dots too. So like I said, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE... everything! :rotfl:. Can't wait to follow along.

Love your story!! So glad you started a PJ!!! :goodvibes

Your dress and shoes are beautiful!! :) I love the colors!!! Polka dots are awesome!!! :yay:

Can't wait to hear more about your plans!!! popcorn::

Well thank you! :) I was a little nervous to start a PJ...but I know how much I have enjoyed reading PJ's from other brides so I figured I would give it a shot!!!

I just posted on your first post thread, hehe. LOVE your wedding date, and of course when I stumbled onto your PJ, I LOVE everything else. :lovestruc
Your dress looks gorgeous on you, and the shoes are awesome. Did they come with the red little hearts on the bottom, or did you add those on too?
I also really like the color scheme, black and white with hot pink is definitely FUN! Love the polka dots too. So like I said, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE... everything! :rotfl:. Can't wait to follow along.

Awww, thanks so much! The shoes actually came with those hearts on the bottom...they are made of a rubbery material and will prevent me from slipping! The shoes are 4" tall so I will definitely need all the help I can get! :yay:

Congrats! I can't wait to read more!

Oh, and where did you get your shoes? I love them! (and do you know if they come in purple?)

Congrats and welcome!!!
Your dress is gorgeous!!! It looks amazing on!!
I love your shoes!!! So pretty!!
I saw a garter similar to yours on etsy, its so cute :lovestruc I had a hard time not buying it for myself!
Can't wait to follow along!

Oh, and where did you get your shoes? I love them! (and do you know if they come in purple?)

I actually bought my shoes a few months ago from zappos.com. I'm not sure if they came in purple or not, but the brand is "Romantic Soles"...how perfect is that???? :lovestruc

Congrats and welcome!!!
Your dress is gorgeous!!! It looks amazing on!!
I love your shoes!!! So pretty!!
I saw a garter similar to yours on etsy, its so cute :lovestruc I had a hard time not buying it for myself!
Can't wait to follow along!

Thank you for being so sweet! I love my dress too! :love: The one in the picture is the sample from the store. I really can't wait until I get to try MY dress on!!!

So DF has actually told me that he is going to take the computer away from me! Apparently I have been spending a lot of time on the boards. What can I say? It seems as though I may have become a little obsessed with this whole process, hehehe :banana:

I will be having four girls standing next to me on the big day. A MOH, a matron-of-honor, and two bridesmaids. The MOH and matron-of-honor are my two besties. One of the bridesmaids is DF's sister, and the other girl is one of my good friends. I am so thrilled that all of the girls get along, and there hasn't been any drama...yet! :dance3:

Dress
When I started looking for bridesmaid dresses, I knew I wanted something short. The only request I had was from one of the maids who was hoping for something with straps since she "didn't have anything to hold up a strapless dress"--her words, not mine. :)

-AlfredSungShortDressScoopNeckDupioniD447--371334055.jpg

This dress actually looks so good on everyone! Three of the girls are teeny-tiny (sizes 0, 2, and 2) while my matron-of-honor is around a size 12. The best part about this dress is that it has POCKETS!!! Plus, it was on the inexpensive side--around $140. I actually loved the dress so much I contemplated buying one for myself to wear at another time. But I am supposed to be saving money, right?

Shoes
And now, about the shoes! I just LOVE shoes. Two of the girls share my enthusiasm for HIGH heels. My MOH looked at me like I had two heads when I had her try these babies on! :rotfl: I actually told her that if she hated the shoes, I would be happy to take them off her hands after the wedding!!! :cool2:
B0047Z78EK01_SS1500_SCRMZZZZZZ_.jpg

They have been dyed to match the color of my shoes.

Jewelry
I got these jewelry sets from a wonderful etsy seller. The picture doesn't do them justice! The color matches the shoes perfectly. And again, I had to stop myself from buying one for me...
IMG_3313.jpg

I love it all!! The jewelry is PERFECT! I love etsy :)
And don't worry, I spend waaaaay to much time on the boards than I should...it just gets so addicting! haha

So I love the idea of the little hearts on the sole of the shoe & started looking for a pair for me ( turns out all of the romantic soles shoes have them :lovestruc makes sense I guess with the name of the brand) but anyways I found these:

http://www.6pm.com/romantic-soles-anda-purple

& thought of you. :) this sight only has them in a size 6, but I figured even if they arent your size you can search for them in another store!!! Hope that helps!

So I love the idea of the little hearts on the sole of the shoe & started looking for a pair for me ( turns out all of the romantic soles shoes have them :lovestruc makes sense I guess with the name of the brand) but anyways I found these:

http://www.6pm.com/romantic-soles-anda-purple

& thought of you. :) this sight only has them in a size 6, but I figured even if they arent your size you can search for them in another store!!! Hope that helps!

oh wow! Love love LOVE them! You may have just found my wedding shoes! Off to look for them...thank you so much!!!!!

Jewelry
I got these jewelry sets from a wonderful etsy seller. The picture doesn't do them justice! The color matches the shoes perfectly. And again, I had to stop myself from buying one for me...
IMG_3313.jpg

ooh! Do you mind sharing which etsy seller?

Hi Lacey,

Congrats on your engagement! :lovestruc

I love the idea of pink and pokadots! :) Good combination! I actually saw a cake in a UK magazine that was 4 teard- (Probably spelt wrong) Any way, the cake was all different coloured pinks and had spots and stripes on a different pattern on each tear! :) It even had a bow on the top one! Looked lush!

Also, LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress and the DM dresses! OOOOH and the shoes! I am looking for my shoes at the moment! With no success, think I am going to go to Bloomingdales this may and find the perfect pair! :)

Cant wait to see more!

XXX

Hi Lacey,

Congrats on your engagement! :lovestruc

I love the idea of pink and pokadots! :) Good combination! I actually saw a cake in a UK magazine that was 4 teard- (Probably spelt wrong) Any way, the cake was all different coloured pinks and had spots and stripes on a different pattern on each tear! :) It even had a bow on the top one! Looked lush!

Also, LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress and the DM dresses! OOOOH and the shoes! I am looking for my shoes at the moment! With no success, think I am going to go to Bloomingdales this may and find the perfect pair! :)

Cant wait to see more!

XXX

Your description of the cake you saw in the magazine is very similar to what we are doing!!!

I hopped over to your PJ and saw that your girls are going to be wearing Dessy dresses...my BM dresses are designed by Alfred Sung, who is part of the Dessy group! :) By the way, your dress is FANTASTIC!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter