Ladies...a Swimsuit Question for my Wife

Try the site Swimsuits For All. They have so many different options in all sizes. They have lots of tops that are more like tank tops in the amount of coverage/flowyness

Ladies, I need some help. I am taking my wife to Cancun for our anniversary. She has been hinting at it for years and knowing my wife, a surprise and reveal would send her over the top. She loves surprises and even more, she loves themed surprises.

I plan to surprise her by putting this bag together (with the help of our 21 year old daughter) as part of the reveal. I bought her a designer beach bag and inside of it I will put tanning lotion, a pair of Coach sunglasses she has been eyeballing, a pair of flip flops she told my daughter about, a beach towel she could not keep her hands off of at the mall and some swimwear.

For the swimwear....and this is where I need help....she showed me (3 times now, so I know she really wants it) a swim skirt she likes from Torrid. It is Minnie Mouse. I bought it online. My wife would never wear the top that goes with it because she is self conscience about her breast size (F cup) and she says her arms are flabby. I think she is beautiful and cannot see it, but I want her to be comfortable. I tried to get her to hint about what she would like as a top to go with it and she said she is not "stylish" enough to know what to wear, but it will not be a swimsuit top. So ladies, what would you suggest I get her? I know nothing about women's clothing or swimwear, but I know how to make my wife smile and she is very easy to please. I do not know how I got so lucky. In the past she has swam in ladies swim shorts and a t-shirt, but she always tells me she feels over-dressed and she wants to let loose a little, which is where the swim skirt comes in.

This is the swim skirt I ordered. https://www.torrid.com/product/disney-minnie-mouse-push-up-demi-bikini-top/11171528.html
I just wanted to commend you on your attention to your audience. You must have been around the dis for a while to know exactly the way to word your post lol. Gentle gloves, gentle gloves lol.

In all honesty it sounds like a wonderful surprise and very thoughtful and I love the bathing suit...so cute. What about a solid black tankini top? The have some that are pretty conservative. If not, perhaps a black swim shirt?

Yes, Pumbaa, how did I miss that one!!!
The first black one I mentioned is just a MID-kini.
I think this one would work much better.

OP, remember, it will be HOT.....
And, surely she will want to at least wade in the pool or beach???

I know she wants some coverage, but I would highly recommend a nice top like some of these, and do the breathable breezy cover-up.

OP It looks like you've already received plenty of suggestions so I'll just say that this is one of the sweetest things I've heard in awhile. Your wife is really lucky to have a husband who goes through this much effort to surprise her!

I love the designer bag idea, and would love Coachies!!! You're doing great!!

Thank you. I cannot wait to surprise her. I think I am going to add a giftcard to Kohls, one of her favorite places to shop, so she
What about this one?

https://www.torrid.com/product/blac...-tankini/11104393.html?cgid=swim-tops#start=7

Maybe that and a rash guard shirt. Does she have a cute coverup?

Have a great time

I saw that one and considered it, until I saw the "cup size" and realized it will not fit her.

But, my daughter found one on Lane Bryant (I think) that is actually based upon bra size. I think that is the way for me to go.

What a sweet idea, I'm sure she will LOVE it! The care and thought you are putting into this shows a lot of love.

I have to second checking Athleta for tops. They have great support, but also have a few short sleeve rash guards and mini-sleeved tops. I have always been impressed with the quality when I order from them.

I am a size G on top, and Lands End does not work for me. If you search on line there are what they call swim bras out there. They are made to be worn under other swim tops for added support. Maybe one of those and a cute swim top? Look on Amazon, there are tons of options. Good luck.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073XL532Q/ref=twister_B073XLM81X?th=1&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AWXWZUC/ref=twister_B01AWXW016?th=1&psc=
https://www.amazon.com/Sociala-Shir...=8-6&keywords=plus+size+rash+guard&th=1&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/Kanu-Surf-Wo...8-19&keywords=plus+size+rash+guard&th=1&psc=1

Has she been to Cancun before? Women of all
Sizes seem to be very comfortable
In the smallest of suits. I consider this one to be very modest.
If in the budget I would buy the matching top as well. She just might find the confidence to rock that suit the way it wAs meant to be.
Also I would get a cute matching coverup for walking around and going to breakfast etc

Enjoy!!!

This is a really good point. Every time we stay at the beach, there are always a certain portion of the women who arrive with very modest bathing suits that are wearing almost nothing by the end of their stay because they see everyone else doing so. On one trip, DW was feeling self-conscious about carrying a little baby weight, so she left all her bikinis at home. Within a day, she was wishing she’d brought them. So, definitely bring the skimpier suits (in addition to the modest ones). She can always leave them in the room if she doesn’t want to wear them.

I ain't getting any younger, or any thinner!!!!!
I do not have a bikini body!
But, do have say that, when at the beach/pool, somewhere tropical, there is nothing like a two piece suit with the sunshine and breeze and water.

She too might decide that she is more comfortable with a little less coverage than she is, uncomfrotable, sweating and hot in more full coverage suits and clothing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter