Let's call this the vacation that almost wasn't....

Great report, as usual!!:thumbsup2
The kids are getting so big, I gotta tell ya Kait looks three years older then she did on your last trip.
Those crabfries made me so hungry. What exactly is on them?
Can't wait to hear the rest!

*Saturday 6/7/08*

As per our ritual, our first park day is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS Islands of Adventure.

Somewhere along the line, I promised pictures to someone of the CLub Lounge at the Hard Rock. Here ya go:

Brother003.jpg

Brother004.jpg

Brother005-1.jpg

Brother006-1.jpg

Brother007-1.jpg

One anxious bean (I really wish I had a better camera sometimes but this has got to be one of the best shots I have ever taken. Notice how close the park looks?):

Brother010-1.jpg

Overhead shot of the pool (now notice how far away IOA really is):

Brother014.jpg

Brother015-1.jpg

These little guys were in NO way skittish of human contact:

Brother016.jpg

Brother017.jpg

On our way to IOA, on the path:

Brother018.jpg

Brother019.jpg

through Citywalk:

Brother022-1.jpg
(yay, Ellen!!!)

Brother024.jpg

Brother025.jpg

Brother027-1.jpg

Brother028.jpg

Brother029.jpg

Brother030-1.jpg

FINALLY reaching our destination (what? its a full 8-10 minute walk ya know!!! :lmao: :lmao: )

Brother031.jpg

*Saturday 6/7/08 - Continued*

We took a few snapshots of the Port of Entry shops and sights:

Brother032-1.jpg

Brother033-1.jpg

Brother034-1.jpg

I love the name of this cart. I remember leaving Universal in March of 1999 while IOA was going through its employee preview. I knew then that it was going to be something great :goodvibes :

Brother035-1.jpg

Listen Up Noobs :listen: . The next picture is VERY important to those who are used to doing their Disney ADRs 180 days before their trip. That is not the case in Universal Orlando Resort!!!! This stand is set up as you are leaving the Port of Entry and making the left towards Marvel Superhero Island. You can stop here first thing in the morning and make any Ressies you need for your dining pleasure. Got it? ;) :

Brother036-1.jpg

Marvel Superhero Island:

We get there and make our beeline straight to what else? Spiderman!!

Brother044.jpg

With our golden ticket....errr......wait, sorry, wrong story. With our FOTL passes, we waited maybe 7 minutes.

DH and Kait took their roll on the Hulk - practically no wait at all (got to love the FOTL pass) while we waited at the misting stations:

Brother041.jpg

Brother038.jpg

Brother039.jpg

A couple of other random shots from Marvel:

Brother042.jpg

Brother043.jpg

Brother045.jpg

Brother046.jpg

Brother051.jpg

Hot and not so happy children who wanted to go to Seuss Landing RIGHTNOW!!!

Brother048.jpg

Brother049.jpg

Brother050.jpg

Love the pictures---I've got to hit that Christmas store.

(there is some kid picking his "seat" in newspaper pic:lmao: )

*Saturday 6/7/08 - continued part 2*

So as I was saying, the younger of the two kids wanted to go to Seuss. We kind of ignored their whining and moved on to Toon Lagoon (photo number one is an oldie but a goodie of mine).

P1010024.jpg

Brother053.jpg

Brother054.jpg

Brother056.jpg

And my first ever ride on:

image023.jpg

Brother055.jpg

Needless to say that NO ONE on that raft got more wet than I did....I wasn't planning on getting wet today thankyouverymuch. Ah well, we were pretty dried off by the time we got to

Jurassic Park:

P1010042.jpg

Wanted to eat here - but they had just closed at 3pm? :confused3 Who knew....certainly not us :rotfl2:

Brother059.jpg

We went onto the Jurassic Park River Adventure

DSC04220.jpg

.....sat in the back row and got wet again :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Finally decided to stop and eat at Pizza Predattoria (borrowed photo):

1402.jpg

Moving on to.....

The Lost Continent:

First stop when coming from the JP direction? You know.....come on.......right!! The Flying Unicorn!!

P1010052.jpg

First ride was the three kids. Then Kait split....her and Jim took off for their double rides on Dueling Dragons. I let Court get on the Unicorn two more times.....it is one of her favorite rides, you know:rolleyes1 Meanwhile, Frank didn't want to go on again.....so this is what he did instead:

Brother062.jpg

After her whirls on the Unicorn, we wanderred over to meet up with Dad and Kait who were still on:

Brother064.jpg

Hmmm - the wait said 15 minutes??!!?? Yea - they did multiple rides as usual.

Made a quick stop in here:

DSCN1734.jpg

Well come on now - you all know me better than that - we just ate in Jurassic Park......it was more like we stopped in here:

disney0607275.jpg

well.....it WAS happy hour you know :rolleyes1

Made our way through the rest of the Lost Continent and casually wandered into

Seuss Landing

disney0607181.jpg

DSCN1722.jpg

*Saturday blah blah blah part 3*

The only ride we felt like going on in Seuss (we were hot and tired at this point and wanted to get back to the hotel) was Cat in the Hat. :worship: We really enjoy this ride - some pics of Frank:

Last year then this year - WOW, he sure has grown a bit, huh?:

DSCN1774.jpg
Brother066.jpg

That is his "Frank Scorpio" look......don't ask.....its another long, long story :lmao:

So we make our way back through the Port and back to the hotel for Lounge time:

Brother012-1.jpg

I took the kids down to the pool around 7:30pm. Tonight there was a live local cover band who were REALLY good. Stayed at the pool until 11-11:30 and headed to bed. Tomorrow we were tackling The Studios.

In our next installment:

Universal Studios, Whoo-Hoo! It's the Simpsons! Rescuing one alien AND shooting other aliens, in the same park?? OK, if you say so!

I'm really enjoying your trip report. Makes me feel like I'm right there with your family.

This is my favorite part of Disney. I just love walking over this bridge, it's one of my oldest memories of Disney! I can't go to MK without visiting the Tiki Birds. My kids think it's on par with Its a Small World. :rotfl2:

DSCN3318.jpg

I can't go to MK without visiting the Tiki Birds. My kids think it's on par with Its a Small World. :rotfl2:

Ally & I love the Tiki Birds! I was actually singing her part of the song when we were out to dinner earlier. (Okay, Im really not that weird. She brought up a game she wanted that had tiki's in it.)

Listen Up Noobs :listen: . The next picture is VERY important to those who are used to doing their Disney ADRs 180 days before their trip. That is not the case in Universal Orlando Resort!!!! This stand is set up as you are leaving the Port of Entry and making the left towards Marvel Superhero Island. You can stop here first thing in the morning and make any Ressies you need for your dining pleasure. Got it? ;) :

Brother036-1.jpg

first.... :lmao:

second: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
MANY a THANK YOUs for taking this picture!!! :hug:

No 'elaboration' on the Popeye ride.... no POST-Popeye pix? :confused3 popcorn::

Lovin your report...and yes...Frank has grown QUITE a bit :eek: Do you know exactly how much?

just wanted to let ya know i DID stop by and DID read! ;)

waaaaaaaaa

our little frank doesn't look like a baby anymore.
he looks more like a big boy.

he is cute as a button.
so do the girls.

I read your trip report from last year and didn't realize you were there again so recently. I have a question that I have not been able to find answers for. I have called reservations at HRH several times to upgrade to a deluxe club queen room and they keep telling me that there are NO deluxe queens at club level so how did you request one and get it, and did it cost extra? I'm leaving Sunday and have spent countless hours on this website. It has been very helpful. Oh, what was your last room number? Thanks, sorry to bother you, you must be resting from your long vacation.

it is possible to book a queen deluxe on club level.

there is no upgrade in the loews first program for that upgrade.

you can request the deluxe queen at check in usually.

(they usually do not book them in advance.)

I read your trip report from last year and didn't realize you were there again so recently. I have a question that I have not been able to find answers for. I have called reservations at HRH several times to upgrade to a deluxe club queen room and they keep telling me that there are NO deluxe queens at club level so how did you request one and get it, and did it cost extra? I'm leaving Sunday and have spent countless hours on this website. It has been very helpful. Oh, what was your last room number? Thanks, sorry to bother you, you must be resting from your long vacation.

7019 and 7041 are queen deluxes at the club level.

Are you already staying club level? If so then ask for these room numbers on your reservation now or just request a queen deluxe now. It is not guaranteed, but HRH tries to honor its requests. They are a view of the front lawn and Portofino looks amazing at night also at sunset time.

No extra cost for the room.....I just requested it ahead of time. We were already paying for club level amenitites.

Where are 7019 and 7041 located? We would like not to be to close to the elevator but near the club lounge.

T, just love your report as always. I am so happy that you stayed ONSITE at WDW. However, getting to Magic Kingdom past 2pm, shame-shame. What did you do in the morning. Forget that, don't answer.

The pictures are wonderful but I still don't understand your fascination with Universal. One time I will have to meet you there so you can educate me on the wonders of Universal.

Looking forward towards more installments.

Just wanted to say I loved your trip report. :goodvibes

Small world as we stayed in the same room two years ago, and I'm a fellow PA'er in the Philly Burbs. I hear ya on Sonic. Good to know there is a Sonic close by in Orlando, we will definitely be hitting that! ::yes::

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!! :)

One anxious bean (I really wish I had a better camera sometimes but this has got to be one of the best shots I have ever taken. Notice how close the park looks?):

Brother010-1.jpg

Overhead shot of the pool (now notice how far away IOA really is):

Brother014.jpg

How'd you do that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter