Let's call this the vacation that almost wasn't....

lgMP0163.jpg

*Sunday 6/8/08*

Today was Universal Studios Day. we were getting into the end of vacation funk, took forever to get to the parks. We made our way on over to the studios at 1PM!! Yikes!!

Brother023.jpg

Brother020-1.jpg

Go through the turnstile and make a bee line for the Simpons Ride.

38295640.jpg

We waited no more than 10 minutes.....the posted stand by time was 65 minutes - whoa - love that FOTL.

The Simpsons ride and waiting queue were totally awesome. But then again - we are the simpsons.....see:

signaturec1.jpg

After gettin off the Simpsons we go over to MIB, there was a mob by the lockers, so I told the rest of the family to go without me - they were on and off that in no time. We wandered on over to Amity and skipped Jaws :scared: as youngest didn't want to ride it and the others had no interest because they just don't like it......oh well, I have never been on it and looks like it will have to wait until next time for me.

In San Francisco, we come up to Disaster! and DH said did they change this ride too? Uh....yep. Told you about that months ago :rolleyes1 Well, let's get on then. Very well done changes and the ending was super :thumbsup2 . We really enjoyed the ride alot. No spoilers from me, but be prepared to laugh at the end ;) ;) .

We check out our most favorite spot in the Studios

Alcatraz.jpg

thanks to adkar letting me know its open again (and I borrowed your shot of the closed hut), but they no longer serve food. Just the booze :sad2: Not that drinks are a bad thing....but we used to get peel and eat shrimp, a few drinks and sit out on the docks for a nice little rest.

We made our way on over to The Mummy. Dh and Kait went on that while me and the younger two went inside here to get a drink and cool off (barb - you will not believe this, I googled for a picture of Finnegan's, look what came up :scared1: ) :

IMG_0396.jpg

After DH and Kait finish with the Mummy, they meet up with us inside. We are a bit hungry and of course, this is Court's favorite place to eat because of the soda bread and apple butter. We were seated immediately :woohoo:

With our orders placed, we sat and waited for the food - some shots from inside.

Court getting her groove on with the apple butter....

DSCN3504.jpg

DSCN3500.jpg

Her telling me not to touch it or she would eat my hand!!!!

DSCN3501.jpg

and Frank waiting for his food (told you barb that I had similar pics as Ry in Pastamore):

DSCN3506.jpg

DSCN3502.jpg

and with his triple decker grilled cheese

DSCN3507.jpg

DH got the Corned Beef and Cabbage, I had the Fish and Chips Kait had the Shepperd's Pie and Court had the kids burger. Total with AAA Discount and tip= $62.00 I also asked for happy hour pricing on my beer, and they were more than happy to adjust that for us. :lovestruc

Bellies full, we wander through Production Central. Last ride of the day? Jimmy Neutron. Not too long of a wait, maybe 10-15 minutes.

Went back to the hotel, noticed they had a mexican theme in the lounge as far as food items, got a few beers and went to the room to change for the pool. Grabbed a few empanadas for the room, a few beers "to go" and sat by the pool from about 7:30 to 10:30. This night by the pool they had the Concert to benefit the victims of 9/11 showing on the big screen.

Up next:

Last full day of vacation and it rains?!?!?! Also, picked up the little brother to swim with the kids :yay:

Great idea asking for happy hour pricing. Was it close to happy hour time?

How was the shepherds pie?

Glad to see your moving again on this report--Bubbas mom shamed you into it didn't she!;)

Glad to see your moving again on this report--Bubbas mom shamed you into it didn't she!;)

I fold under peer pressure :lmao: :lmao:

Kait said it was really good! She never had it before so how it stacks up to others will not be known until she tries it again somewhere.

You learn the best info inside the TR's.
drinks.gif

So about what time of day was this? :rolleyes1

We ate at 3:30, it was most definately happy hour in the parks (3-5) so I thought I would ask - it never hurts to ask - and sometimes you get rewarded :cool1: :thumbsup2 :3dglasses

wow...i know of a famous diser now that is featured on line for finnegans.....

i feel lucky tonight.
maybe i'll play the lottery now....

and you know who that famous homie/redhead is don't cha'.......

I am loving this TR!! I love all the pictures. Your children are absolutely beautiful. Has anyone ever told your oldest daughter she looks like Jennifer Love Hewitt??

Went back to the hotel, noticed they had a mexican theme in the lounge as far as food items, got a few beers and went to the room to change for the pool. Grabbed a few empanadas for the room, a few beers "to go" and sat by the pool from about 7:30 to 10:30. This night by the pool they had the Concert to benefit the victims of 9/11 showing on the big screen.

And by a "few beers" to go...do you mean they let one person get more than one beer at a time? When we were there we were told you could only get one at a time. I had to get a bud lite for DH (I don't drink beer-blasphemy??) so that he could have two!

Loving the report...can't wait to read the ending!

Note to self: Do NOT mess with Court and her applebutter at Finnegans :eek: ( I value my appendages.... ;) )

Loved Franks pic....yep...same hat, same body language...maybe it's a 'boy' thing and you have to do it.... :confused3

I didn't know you've NEVER ridden Jaws? What is UP with that? :confused3 Since nobody wanted to ride it with you, I would have told them to sit and wait FOR you while you rode it! :snooty: Forget that.... :mad:

Didja know if you google universal, mickey's vacation shows up too?? Then again, we have SO many pix of Universal in photobucket, it doesn't surprise me! :sad2: Randy said he feels very honored :worship: you used his pic :teeth: Still....a little freaky.... :rolleyes1

Great trippie....waitin' for the last chapter....and wth?? RAIN?!?! :mad:

And by a "few beers" to go...do you mean they let one person get more than one beer at a time? When we were there we were told you could only get one at a time. I had to get a bud lite for DH (I don't drink beer-blasphemy??) so that he could have two!

Loving the report...can't wait to read the ending!

We did it in shifts - they knew there were two of us there together...I am miller lite and dh was heineken.....we got one of each, then traded. They even left the caps on and gave us plastic cups. The staff was wonderful on this particular visit - we tipped them VERY well.....they noticed :thumbsup2

I am loving this TR!! I love all the pictures. Your children are absolutely beautiful. Has anyone ever told your oldest daughter she looks like Jennifer Love Hewitt??

:upsidedow

Yup - I have heard that before. Thanks for reading and I will have to tell her you said that, she doesn't thinkso......I kinda see it......my mil swears she looks like her too.

*Monday - 6/9/08*

Last Day. Did some laundry, cleanup and packing early in the AM. I knew my brother was arriving in Orlando for the Microsoft Tech Ed conferences. We planned to meet up for dinner. So I wanted to get alot done before his arrival.

We headed out to the Studios, must have been around 1PM again.

DSCN3515.jpg

DSCN3517.jpg

DSCN3518.jpg

We knew that we were just going to hit a few rides.....we were theme parked out for this trip.

We went on the Simpsons together.

Made our way over to The Woody Woodpecker coaster for the beans.

DSCN1389.jpg

Took our first EVER ride on ET. That was pretty neat. I would definately do it again :thumbsup2

Over to the Mummy.

disney0607571.jpg

While waiting for DH and Kait, we wandered around the Central Park Area

DSCN3519.jpg

and found this stuff.......ahhhh, memories.

DSCN3508.jpg

DSCN3513.jpg

My brother called me at this point and he was ready to meet up. He was all checked in to his hotel, registered for the conference and unpacked. I told him we were finishing up the park and would call him when we were done.

Ending with Twister.

DSCN3510.jpg

As we exited Twister the sky was not looking very friendly. Not at all. And Dh knows me. I don't DO thunder and lightning. Ever.

DH suggests we make our way back to the Hard Rock and get ready for Bryan. No sooner do we get back and up to the club lounge, the skies opened up. The rain was coming down SO HARD that you couldn;t see three feet in front of you :scared1: . There were severe lightning strikes and LOUD thunder as well as high winds. Thank goodness we were inside. I would have freaked outside there.

The after pictures of the storm......it was VERY wet and a bit steamy

DSCN3521.jpg

DSCN3522.jpg

DSCN3524.jpg

It was cool watching the "Class A Kill Storm" ;) from the lounge. Side note - we now classify the thunderstorms we experience :rotfl2:

Class A Kill Storm
Class B Dismemberment Storm
Class C Mess You Up Storm

The storm passed and everything smelled so fresh :flower3: I went to pick up my brother from his hotel. He brought his suit and all was fine as having him as our guest. He was amazed with the Hard Rock and all of the themeing. He LOVED our room. Ok, so little brother suits up - as do the kids and we head to the lounge for the offerings. All DAY the sign for the lounge read it would be the wing bar, pigs in blankets, etc.......We get down there and it is the not so tasty Saturday offerings:

Brother012-1.jpg

We skip it. We'll eat at the pool. :headache:

Get to the pool, settle in and Uncle Bry has fun with the kids in the water!

209.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

I took my brother back to his hotel around 9PM. I miss him alot. He lives on Long Island and we live in the Philadelphia Suburbs. It was great to see him - even if it was 1,000 miles away from home.
:lovestruc

Up the next morning for the final packing and off to the airport. But first....the cool clock in the HRH lobby.

212.jpg

213.jpg

And my family at the fountain.

214.jpg

216.jpg

217.jpg

Returned the rental car, went to the gate, boarded ontime and made it home about 15 minutes early.

I think this will be our last trip to Orlando for about 2 years. We will return when Potter opens, this way it gives us two new things to experience......WWOHP and the new coaster in Universal.

Who knows though.....we could always change our minds :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter