"LIVE" from SSR - My first trip home

Welcome back Beverly! While I totally know how you feel today, back at work and the "real world" :sad1: just think.... In about 6 months you'll be back doing it all over again!!! :rotfl: I have to admitt; I give you credit...there's no way I'd be back at work the next day. Especially after getting in after midnight.

I'm definately re-thinking my location for October. I'm either going to go back to Congress Park or try the Grandstand. I don't want to have to hassle with the bus situation, especially in the mornings. While I only plan on getting to the MK for early entry, I want to get there for "early entry" :rotfl:

Well again, thanks for the report and welcome back.

Our bus situation did seem to get better as the week went along, or our luck got better. I brought home the SSR map for DH to see and I think I will call with a request for either the 8100 or 8500 building for our trip in January. The biggest problem will probably be that we are booked in a 1 bedroom for the first night (no 2BR availability) and then in a 2BR Dedicated for the next 5 nights. It will probably be very difficult to get the location for both parts of the reservatin. I guess I can still keep hoping for the wait list to come thru!

Our bus situation did seem to get better as the week went along, or our luck got better. I brought home the SSR map for DH to see and I think I will call with a request for either the 8100 or 8500 building for our trip in January. The biggest problem will probably be that we are booked in a 1 bedroom for the first night (no 2BR availability) and then in a 2BR Dedicated for the next 5 nights. It will probably be very difficult to get the location for both parts of the reservatin. I guess I can still keep hoping for the wait list to come thru!

I've decided that I'm going to request the Grandstand area and building 8100 for my upcoming trip. I'll call MS today and make that change.

Well back to work...have a good weekend.

I've decided that I'm going to request the Grandstand area and building 8100 for my upcoming trip. I'll call MS today and make that change.

Well back to work...have a good weekend.

Let us know how you like that location. It worked great for us!

Thanks for your report.

PLEASE tell me that the friend was grateful and appreciative???

And how did you feel about leaving the 9 year olds on their own the few times that you did? I have a 9yo (who is very responsible) and I don't think I would feel comfortable not watching him like a hawk. Were they nervous? Were you?

Thanks for your report.

PLEASE tell me that the friend was grateful and appreciative???

And how did you feel about leaving the 9 year olds on their own the few times that you did? I have a 9yo (who is very responsible) and I don't think I would feel comfortable not watching him like a hawk. Were they nervous? Were you?

I think he was appreciative and I think he enjoyed himself.

I felt fine about leaving them alone (until DD got lost). These kids spend a ton of time together at the Yacht Club my DH manages, and they are forever running between the Clubhouse, the pool, my house, etc., so it really didn't seem much different then. I left them at Community Hall one afternoon (when DD got lost), they went to the pool for about 45 minutes one afternoon without me and they stayed in the room when I did laundry. I wasn't very far away, and I am so not a helicopter mom (neither is guest's mom), so I felt ok about it. YMMV. The kids weren't really nervous at all. After DD got turned around, I went and picked them up the next afternoon and made her lead us back to make sure she knew where she was going. After that, they were fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter