• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live from the 12/14 Magic - Help us free 4Nana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex, you are correct in getting all the facts. I can help add to the info. I am on the 12/14 with 4nana, and was emailing her privately before the cruise and was very anxious to meet her. I finally talked with her by phone (obviously, since she was quarantined to her cabin) on Sunday night. She has a condition called GERD. She has a prescription for this and has it with her. One of the symptoms of GERD is loose stools. Eating rich foods, throwing off your normal schedule (ie getting ready for a cruise) can cause this to "flare up." 4nana was tired from the trip and was resting with her husband when her room steward came in. The woman was shocked and caught off guard that they were there. When she asked 4nana why they weren't upstairs eating, 4nana said that she was tired and "wasn't feeling well." That is when the room steward reported her. She was immediately quarrantined for 72 hours. 4nana explained her medical condition and even showed them her prescription bottle. They continued her quarrantine. She was furious. When they tried to quarrantine her husband, he asked them "who was big enough on the ship to keep him in his room." He was not quarrantined. Disney did not offer to contact her doctor or anything like that. They even gave her a diet to follow that included rice, etc. She refused to do that and ordered real food. When 4nana asked what would happen if she left her cabin, she was told "you don't want to suffer the consequences." They explained that the consequences would be to remove her (and possibly her entire party) at the first port. They told her that if she wanted, they would fly her home at St. Martin and give her a free cruise (nothing about the other 15 people in her party). I spoke with 4nana, her husband and one of her daughters at length. DCL had a couple of "meetings" to decide her fate, and each time came back with continuing the quarrantine. Finally, on Monday, the entire group was going to demand her be released (the rest of us Disers started slipping cards under her door demanding they free nana! On Monday night, 4nana was visited by the second in command on the ship. He told her if she visited the doctor in the am on Tuesday, she may be released by 5 on Tuesday night. She took exception to that and demanded to see the doctor at that moment (the Christmas tree lighting was on Monday night and she wanted to see that!). She saw the doctor and was released for the tree lighting and dinner only. Then she was supposed to return to her cabin until we docked on Tuesday. One thing that disturbed me (besides this whole victimization thing) is that they put a "medical alert" on her Key to the world card so they would know if she used it (therefore, showing she was out of her cabin)! A little too "Big Brother" for me.....anyway. I hope this helps. Just be careful of the words you use when discussing anything on the ship. Everyone seems to be listening.

I also heard from 4nana, that a mother and her 2 year old were quarrantined after the 2 year old had a diaper with loose stools (her daughter was in there when it happened). How many people have 2 year olds that don't have a loose diaper?

Target

Thanks Target for the update -- although it is a disturbing one.:( If anyone from this cruise checks in again PLEASE let 4nana know that I have been thinking about her and hoping for the best outcome to her situation.

{{{{{hugs 4nana}}}}}

Wow What will happen to the poor people who suffer from colitis or Crohn's disease.

OMG!!!!

The Disney Cruise from H*** !!!!!! Right down the the diet of rice! unreal.....

I can see it now.... Capt.Hook - Arrrggggg!!!! Into the brigg I say!!! It's bread and water for ya now matey!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Alex - I want one of those TShirts!!!!!! :D

Wow! I've been following these posts for the last month or so and not responding as remarks seemed excessive at both ends. My 2 cents - I would not care for my privacy to be invaded in such a way after paying such$$$$. We did a 7 day with the kids in Jan. and had a great time. We cruised in Oct. on a 3 day without the kids for our anniv. and had a better time :). I still remember the first day we opted out of our dining rotation and showed up at Palos to see if we could be seated and we were. So we missed our first dinner with our servers, boy did we get the cold shoulder the next night when we showed up for our regular seating time.
On top of that the first day we enjoyed some couple time only to hear the loudspeakers in our room go off with "Hello boys and girls"....ect....) I can't imagine them checking on us..... There is a lot of competition for our travel $$$$ and we've experienced lots of great vacations with and without Disney so we won't be cruising for a while. What's next.....stool samples at the port?

FREE 4NANA and give her a free cruise!!!!:)

My thoughts exactly!!! What gives a room steward the right to not only invade somebodys privacy, but another BIGGIE here, but to then make a medical diagnosis and report somebody to the ships authorities. How can the room steward be qualified to make such judgements! Then, based on that alone, without any other evidence of illness, DCL takes this action?

I hope 4nana has a good lawyer! I can't even begin to imagine the tens of thousands of dollars that she (and her family) spent on this one cruise!

Target - do you know if 4Nana submitted the medical needs form for her condition? I contacted DCL today and was told emphatically to fill one out for my daughter and send it in prior to the cruise. I know it's too late for her, but for anyone else, if you have an ongoing condition that may cause concern these days, it might save some time and trouble.

Just trying to give back a tiny bit of what I've gotten here!

Laura

Ladies and gentlemen,

Alex asked nicely that we end the speculations. I am going to lock this thread. when 4nana gets back, she can do a trip report on what happen and we can get her side of the story. Until, then, this matter is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter