Looking for Printable scrapbook page Disigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting ready for our 3rd trip to Disney and doing the 4 day Wonder first. My 6 year old informed me this morning she wants an autograph book for our trip (we did one on our first trip but not the last so I wasn't really thinking about it). I LOVE the autograph cards and have a cute idea for an autograph chipboard book to put together but I hesitate putting the cards in first in case we don't get one of the characters we want - do most people print out the cards and carry with them and just get what they can signed and then put into a more permanent book later? Or has anyone used an inexpensive 4x6 photo book to keep them in during the trip and just pull out the card you want signed?

Any suggestions on what has worked best is greatly appreciated! We leave in 2 weeks so now adding this to my fun "to-do" list~~~

I've seen lots of folks binding the pages together with the spriral plastic, some have used a single hole punch with a "O" shaped ring clip holding them together or a ribbon. I have also struggled with the best way to organize all the cards into a bound booklet.

For me, I just print them out and put them in a photo album organized by park. I bring a small clipboard and put the card on it for the characters to sign. After our trip, I will sort through all of them and pull out the ones that didn't get signed (save them for next trip). Then reorganize the photo album with all the signed cards. My boys love to look through the photo album and see all the signatures. Some folks have then used these cards to put into their scrap pages or scan them into their digital pages.

We love the custom pages, they really do make your character signing process more special.

Beautiful book Natalie! We are going to MNSSHP on Thursday, I hope to put something together like this when we return.

OR

Maybe you will be my mommy and make me a book? :lovestruc

Natalie, just saw that you posted your MNSSHP book!!
:banana: AWESOME!! :banana:

There are so many things I love but especially how Erin stands out on the pages. I forgot how dark MK is at night. Great tip, wear a light colored costume. Erin is a beautiful Belle! I am glad you were able to go twice!! WOW, I can't believe you were able to get Snow +7 in one picture! :yay: I was reading on the MNSSHP newbie thread that getting the 8 in one pic is hard to do. We are going to our first party Oct 2010. Hopefully by next year I can learn more about digital scrapbooking.

How did you do your backgrounds? For instance the Haunted Mansion? Did you add in the silhouettes, then layer the elements or did already have that graphic?

Thanks again for sharing!! :goodvibes

Awesome photobooks donatalie! DOes anyone have anything designed for Kidani village? We will be staying there in January, and I would be grateful if anyone had something to share.

Natalie - your designs are great!! I'm just getting started with digital scrapbooking and hope to make my 1st digital DisneyWorld book from our Sept. 09 trip. I'm wondering if we can use your premade layouts? From what I have read, since they are saved as jpg or gif, the layers are merged. How do you edit them to add pictures?

Thanks for any help.
Kim

Thank you!
I try to upload any premade pages as gifs or png files. That will give the a transparent background so you can layer your photos under it. Then save the page as a jpg and print or upload to a printing website ( I use Shutterfly).

These layouts, designs and photobooks are amazing. Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring us.

Natalie I have a couple of quick questions for you if you don't mind:
1. I'm very new to digital scrapping but have worked some with Photoshop. I have Photoshop 6.0 at home and CS2 at work. Would either of these work for Digital Scrapping or does Photshop Elements have some built in capabilities that I'm not aware of?

2. Do you usually create a huge file in Photoshop made up of a couple pics and several layers of embellishments, save it as a jpg and then upload one big picture per page to Shutterfly?

3. About how many pixels wide and high would a photo be that you would upload to Shutterfly? I'm worried about getting that "low resolution" warning if I don't make the pages super large.

Thanks so much for any help!

Hi!
I use Microsoft Digital Image and PSE 5.0 (given to me by someone very generous!). I believe you can Digiscrap with almost any photo editing software as long as you can layer your elements (which you can even do in MS WORD!). I work my page, saving it as I go as a png file. i never save it as a jpg until I am completely finished with it. I use Shutterfly to print by books. I have tried a number of different sites and I have found their quality and service to be the best!. Shutterfly gives you the dimensions you need to work in for each of the different sizes of photobooks they offer. I always work in at least 300 dpi.

I hope this helps some................

Hi Natalie,

I was wondering if you have just the image of the Mickey in the journal box below:

journalling%20boxes
[/URL][/IMG]

I wanted to use him and make a paper piecing for a scrapbook swap I am in. Thanks so much if you do have him. I have been searching high and low and have not found it.

Shawn

This was a pin image that I "Natalied"............

Natalie just saw your MNSSHP book! Amazing!!!

Here is the link in the Gallery if you would like to view and comment on her book!

http://community.shutterfly.com/gal...postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDFg0aOWjJs4bAjOf-1U

Can't wait to see more :) :) :banana::banana::banana:

Thanks hon!

It's a shame you didn't get to see the Villains Show. It was very well done and and as characters fans, meeting the Villains was really cool!

Beautiful book Natalie! We are going to MNSSHP on Thursday, I hope to put something together like this when we return.

OR

Maybe you will be my mommy and make me a book? :lovestruc

I hope you have an AWESOME time!!!!

Natalie, just saw that you posted your MNSSHP book!!
:banana: AWESOME!! :banana:

There are so many things I love but especially how Erin stands out on the pages. I forgot how dark MK is at night. Great tip, wear a light colored costume. Erin is a beautiful Belle! I am glad you were able to go twice!! WOW, I can't believe you were able to get Snow +7 in one picture! :yay: I was reading on the MNSSHP newbie thread that getting the 8 in one pic is hard to do. We are going to our first party Oct 2010. Hopefully by next year I can learn more about digital scrapbooking.

How did you do your backgrounds? For instance the Haunted Mansion? Did you add in the silhouettes, then layer the elements or did already have that graphic?

Thanks again for sharing!! :goodvibes

Hey! We threw caution to the wind this year, bought AP's and booked a second trip for October 2010. We are arriving on the 17th and checking out the 30th! This really isn't something that Danny would enjoy, so DH and I each plan on taking Erin to the Party once.....

Watch for character handlers........... We saw one setting up near the entrance to Toontown and asked him who was coming. When he told us Snow White and the Seven Dwarves we decided to take a small break and wait. We were actually second in line.....by the time the characters arrived there were probably 40-50 people in line!

Some backgrounds I made, some I found ( the HM image was one I found and doctored!) Let me know if there is something that you want for a layout!

Awesome photobooks donatalie! DOes anyone have anything designed for Kidani village? We will be staying there in January, and I would be grateful if anyone had something to share.

Thank you!

Kidani Village looks awesome! We need a full report when you get back!!!!

OK...your the second person I know out of state that is going in October. We originally were going to go that same week as it's our anniversary on the 22nd of October so we thought we'd go in 2010 to celebrate. Unforunately we realized this past trip in September that it was just WAY too hard to keep up with homework. UGH. Looks like I'll miss you again.

Here is my attempt at our recent MNSSHP inspired by you... :worship:

OK...your the second person I know out of state that is going in October. We originally were going to go that same week as it's our anniversary on the 22nd of October so we thought we'd go in 2010 to celebrate. Unforunately we realized this past trip in September that it was just WAY too hard to keep up with homework. UGH. Looks like I'll miss you again.

Here is my attempt at our recent MNSSHP inspired by you... :worship:

Cindy, the page looks awesome!!! I love how you pulled Snow and your DD out of picture.....the pose is adorable!

With my kids being special needs, schoolwork becomes less of an issue. They just basically pick up where they left off!

Thank you!

Kidani Village looks awesome! We need a full report when you get back!!!!

Thank you so much! If you have time do you think you could make a journaling tag too? I will absolutely post a trip report on our trip to WDW and stay at Kidani. We are going in Jan. with my Dad and Step-mother, and our 3 kids. It will be the first visit for our two youngest (DS-4, DD-1), and it will be our Daughter's 1st birthday while we are there too. We are so excited!

:yay: We will be in WDW Oct 22 - Nov 1, 2010. We are going on the Magic 23rd-30th. I was debating when to go to MNSSHP, the 22 (a Friday) or the 31st (a Sunday). Both seem like they would be crowded days but I keep telling myself they limit tix. :rolleyes1 Natalie, we would love to run into you!! :banana: We are buying AP in Dec and using DVC discount. I hope we get 15 months out of it.

No, no special request. Love your pages and your scrap kits!! :yay:

Thanks. I've got the pictures added to my first quick page!! I plan on using Shutterfly to create my 12x12 book. Do you typically start with the shutterfly template like the 12x12 or just make sure your dimensions are 11.95? This is so much fun...I've been addicted to this stuff all week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter