Looking to share campsite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lornaduck,

Thankyou for the offer but I think the smoking would be a problem and I would feel awful if you stayed away if I happened to be there or the kids couldn't play because of the smoking. Have a great trip!

kinghorse my family goes the 2nd week in june and really need two sites because we have 6 kids but we squeeze onto one would be happy to share a 2nd site with you and your daughter we would not at all use that grill and only one small tent would be on the site for sleeping only i see nothing wrong with this as some people can not afford to do the same as other and all he wants to do is spend time having fun with his daughter

This thread gets my vote for lamest thread of 2009, period.

This thread gets my vote for lamest thread of 2009, period.

You are not a very nice person are you? Perhaps this isn't an interesting topic to you but it is to others. You have the option to not recieve the thread anymore so perhaps you should do that. There is nothing wrong with people who may be looking for help and people offering it. If there is a thread that is not interesting I just don't visit it, add comments or suscribe to it. Perhaps a thread talking about drinking beer, mammary glands, fireman would be more to your liking, although I doubt you will find that on Disney boards.

kinghorse my family goes the 2nd week in june and really need two sites because we have 6 kids but we squeeze onto one would be happy to share a 2nd site with you and your daughter we would not at all use that grill and only one small tent would be on the site for sleeping only i see nothing wrong with this as some people can not afford to do the same as other and all he wants to do is spend time having fun with his daughter

Hi,

Thank you, I will send you a PM. By the way I am a mom, the "kinghorse" is the name of my horse.

I totally understand you're not feeling comfortable waking your child or leaving your child to you use a restroom during the night if you were to camp in your own tent. However, I'd think you'd be just as leary about sharing the expense of a site with someone you've never met. As a mom traveling alone with a child, aren't you a bit concerned about contacting people you don't know from the internet:confused3
Now...that being said, I'm from NY...and well, naturally a little cautious to boot. Okay..some would say paranoid :laughing: I've been a member of this forum for quite a while, and know most here on this board to be good decent folk. I have had the privilege of meeting a few of them, and hope to meet more of them in the future. I just advise caution for a mom and child traveling alone asking to share expenses on a public forum. I hope you are able to take advantage of some possible Florida resident rates, and AAA rates to secure an affordable option for yourself and your child.

You are not a very nice person are you? Perhaps this isn't an interesting topic to you but it is to others. You have the option to not recieve the thread anymore so perhaps you should do that. There is nothing wrong with people who may be looking for help and people offering it. If there is a thread that is not interesting I just don't visit it, add comments or suscribe to it. Perhaps a thread talking about drinking beer, mammary glands, fireman would be more to your liking, although I doubt you will find that on Disney boards.

Eh, just ignore Gatordad. He's just funnin' All those weird colored orange and blue Gators runnin through his veins makes him grumpy. (He just needs to change the shade of orange and blue a bit and replace it with a tiger) :goodvibes

I totally understand you're not feeling comfortable waking your child or leaving your child to you use a restroom during the night if you were to camp in your own tent. However, I'd think you'd be just as leary about sharing the expense of a site with someone you've never met. As a mom traveling alone with a child, aren't you a bit concerned about contacting people you don't know from the internet:confused3
Now...that being said, I'm from NY...and well, naturally a little cautious to boot. Okay..some would say paranoid :laughing: I've been a member of this forum for quite a while, and know most here on this board to be good decent folk. I have had the privilege of meeting a few of them, and hope to meet more of them in the future. I just advise caution for a mom and child traveling alone asking to share expenses on a public forum. I hope you are able to take advantage of some possible Florida resident rates, and AAA rates to secure an affordable option for yourself and your child.

Hi,

I am not asking to share meals, a tent, etc with anyone, just a portion of the site. When anyone rents a site at a campground there are sites right next to and accross on all sides so how is this any different, we all pay our own way. Whether I am by myself or have someone I don't know in a site next to me there is no difference other then a few feet. I am not even staying the night and if I were there still wouldn't be a difference. People are camping they come from all over to share a campground. I am not asking to share a vacation. Read some of the other posts on this board and it might give you more insight, there is not a more concerned parent then me and I worry about everything, but what you are saying is not to go camping at all since there will always be strangers in the next campsite.

Eh, just ignore Gatordad. He's just funnin' All those weird colored orange and blue Gators runnin through his veins makes him grumpy. (He just needs to change the shade of orange and blue a bit and replace it with a tiger) :goodvibes

You are right, I was as distasteful as him by making the comments I did and am sorry.

Distasteful, perhaps, but oddly, right on target! LOL

Gatordad is definitely an acquired taste, but he's our Gatordad.

I am actually a very nice person, but your whole whining and making an excuse for every one that posts on this thread is pathetic. We get it, you want to bum part of a site from someone, but they are subject to 5,000 conditions before you'll agree to sublet.... If you can afford $40 a nite, you can afford $60, stop whining and book a darn site.

kinghorse, I apologize for being so harsh, I was out of line. I typically put myself in the devil's advocate type of roll and try to see things from all perspectives. From what I've seen, the people on this board are extremely kind hearted and always are willing to lend a helping hand.

Please take this with a grain of salt, I am not trying to offend, just seeing this from a different perspective:

Someone mentioned it being like a Hotel room with multiple guests. That's exactly what it is like. However, what was not mentioned is that only one person signs the contract, making that one person legally responsible for whatever happens in the facilities that are granted under the contract (pool, grill etc). People do this all the time and never have a problem, but in a world governed by attorney's one should understand the legal repercussions.

I do believe this to be Subletting:
Subletting:To rent (property one holds by lease) to another.
Since only one person holds the contract, the only thing you could do is sublet from them or vice/versa.

I do not believe this to be like a cruse ship. In a stateroom, contracts are written on an individual basis. If there is more than one person in the room, I believe the responsibility is divided evenly.

Just some things to ponder.

I am not trying to sublet, I assumed like a hotel I would be on the registration as well but perhaps with less nights all that is determined by dates and Disney policy. But I most definately would want Disney to know I am there so I can access amenities and for safety. That is to me what sharing a site is about.
Also again this may help another family who wishes to save money. I think alot of people are blowing this way out of proportion. Also Gatordad, you don't like this thread then don't suscribe to it, you seem to be the only one bothered.

From what I know, hotels won't split a room either. Sure you can be a guest of someone else, but they will not charge two different people for one room. They always require one payment, and that is the same here. This makes it easy for the them to legally have one person to go to if there where a problem.

I have shared rooms with family (different last names) and they put all on the reservation and take different formas of payment, it is just the same as if one of your credit cards was maxed out and you had to use to to pay the bill or everyone can just pay cash. I think everyone is just readin to much into this and speculating since I haven't even called Disney for the details. Lets start a thread on fishing without worms or something.

Kinghorse-

I'm somewhat confused by your request. Do you actually want to pitch a tent or do you only want someplace to park your bikes, your car, and to use a grill to cook on??

If you share a site with someone else, somebody is going to have to park their car in the overflow lot as, they only allow one vehicle per site.

My DH & I are frequent day-trippers to FtW. We often just take our bikes to FtW for the day. If all you wish to do is use the facilities at FtW for a day of fun, just do it. Nobody at either pool checks for I.D. Nobody stops you and asks what site you're staying on. Nobody cares. FtW is too big for the CM's to know if you belong there or not.

My suggestion would be to take your bikes over for the day and use the pools and have fun. It would be much cheaper and easier for you just to pick up a "Giddy-Up and Go" fried chicken dinner to eat on the porch of Trails End or grab a sandwich and drink from one of the trading posts than to do what you're suggesting with the grilling thing.

If your reason for this plan is because your child is too small to do a lot of biking, then buy a kiddie trailer (you can get one used & cheap at Play It Again Sports) for your bike and let your child ride in it. If you get a kiddie trailer, you could also put a small cooler with drinks, snacks and sandwiches to save some $$ on food. You could even pack a small duffel bag with towels and a change of clothes. Your $$ would be better spent on a trailer than a campsite, and you could eventually sell the trailer in a yard sale.

Instead of beach towels, pack a couple of Sham-Wow's to use. They are better than a big, cumbersome beach towel.

Don't over-think this thing. Just go and have some fun! :thumbsup2

I'd be interested in what they say. If I could legally have 2 or more people on my rental agreement that share legal responsibilities, I would definitely be interested in that. If you want to give me half the value of my site for just hanging around during the day and use all the facilities that Disney has to offer and I don't have to be responsible for anything...I'm in. I'm going in late May, let me know maybe we could work it out.;)

Kinghorse-

I'm somewhat confused by your request. Do you actually want to pitch a tent or do you only want someplace to park your bikes, your car, and to use a grill to cook on??

If you share a site with someone else, somebody is going to have to park their car in the overflow lot as, they only allow one vehicle per site.

My DH & I are frequent day-trippers to FtW. We often just take our bikes to FtW for the day. If all you wish to do is use the facilities at FtW for a day of fun, just do it. Nobody at either pool checks for I.D. Nobody stops you and asks what site you're staying on. Nobody cares. FtW is too big for the CM's to know if you belong there or not.

My suggestion would be to take your bikes over for the day and use the pools and have fun. It would be much cheaper and easier for you just to pick up a "Giddy-Up and Go" fried chicken dinner to eat on the porch of Trails End or grab a sandwich and drink from one of the trading posts than to do what you're suggesting with the grilling thing.

If your reason for this plan is because your child is too small to do a lot of biking, then buy a kiddie trailer (you can get one used & cheap at Play It Again Sports) for your bike and let your child ride in it. If you get a kiddie trailer, you could also put a small cooler with drinks, snacks and sandwiches to save some $$ on food. You could even pack a small duffel bag with towels and a change of clothes. Your $$ would be better spent on a trailer than a campsite, and you could eventually sell the trailer in a yard sale.

Instead of beach towels, pack a couple of Sham-Wow's to use. They are better than a big, cumbersome beach towel.

Don't over-think this thing. Just go and have some fun! :thumbsup2

I absolutely agree with Deb!! The sidewalk in front of the kennel is 100 feet from the overflow lot. (You mentioned it would be too far from the lot to a safe biking area.) I don't see how that is too far. There are bicyle safe sidewalks all the way from the kennel to the beach!! Just this past weekend, myself and DH staying off property parked our car in the overflow lot during the day and used the Disney bus system from there, we walked around the campground, visited the stores, and even parked our ECV overnight in golf cart parking (covered up and locked) so we wouldn't have to keep loading it in and out of the truck. The campfire movie is open to all, the games at the pool during the day are open to all, and unless they start checking resort IDs with the upgrade, visiting the pool is not a problem. The pony rides, etc are open to all!! I also confirmed yesterday that yes, there are about 3 grills next to a pavilion by the tennis courts. I would even venture to say you could lock your bikes up on the racks anywhere at the Fort overnight. (I've done that before also when I started the day at one end of the campground and ended the day at the other end, and just didn't feel like going to pick up my bike.)

I'm not saying your plan is not a good one if you find the right family, but it is not the ONLY way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter